KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Most powerful elf?

Most powerful elf?
Started by: Ungoliant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JassiRnb

My favorite movie. This list would have to include:
- Fëanor
- Fingolfin
- Fingon
- Finrod Felagund
- Turgon
- Galdor
- Gwindor
- Beleg Cúthalion
- Mablung
- Glorfindel

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2015 02:12 PM
JassiRnb is currently offline Click here to Send JassiRnb a Private Message Find more posts by JassiRnb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Feanor or Gingolfin, followed by Galadriel, Elrond, Glorfindel, and Gil-Galad. Glorfindel might be higher; hard to say. Ecthelion is the lowest here.

Incorrect. Etchelion has a greater feat that Elrond, Glorfindel and Gil-Galad. It's not even close between them. Galadriel.. that's close. Feanor is obviously the best so I won't argue that one.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 10:25 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

How is it close? Tolkien has explicitly stated that Feanor and Galadriel are the two greatest of the Eldar (excluding Luthien of course).

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 10:36 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

What's her greatest feat IYO?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 10:40 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Well, like many of the Elven Kings an Queens she pretty much just sits on her ass most of the time. I guess she may have destroyed Dol Guldur on her own though that isn't my interpretation of the passage.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 10:44 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

I agree with you there, which is my point. Ecth defeating Gothmog is superior to anything Galadriel was ever shown doing.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 09:11 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I agree with you there, which is my point. Ecth defeating Gothmog is superior to anything Galadriel was ever shown doing.

Ecthelion charged Gothmog and ran him into a fountain, dying in the process. To compare, Gimli could do this. Or Pippin.

Galadriel threw down the gates of Dol Guldur using her own powers. Ecthelion could not replicate this. He did not have a Ring of Power. He was not a near-First Born elf with thousands of years of experience under his belt.

If Ecthelion challenged Galadriel to a test of who could charge their helmets into a wall, he might win. If he challenged her with full measure of her power, he'd likely be squished like a gnat.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 07:04 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
t0sh
Restricted

Account Restricted

Probably Legolas.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 01:53 AM
t0sh is currently offline Click here to Send t0sh a Private Message Find more posts by t0sh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Galadriel.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 06:37 AM
UCanShootMyNova is currently offline Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

The best fighter was Fingolfin, without a doubt. The most powerful Elf (without Maiar blood) is Ingwe.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 05:47 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

The most powerful of all elves is Ingwe.

He is the herald of the Valar and leader of the armies of Valinor if am not mistaken.

His knowledge, power and wisdom made him close to Manwe.

Last edited by Josh_Alexander on Apr 9th, 2018 at 03:00 AM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 02:57 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote