KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Rainbow Six: Siege

Rainbow Six: Siege
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, because I heard from some gaming peeps that it's quite a bit boring if you don't play with friends.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 12:47 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I'm downloading the beta for PS4 now. Surprisingly quick download

PWNT

Old Post Sep 25th, 2015 02:28 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Oh the beta is out? Meh.

I kind of wished it had a SP campaign because I don't think the MP will have any staying power. A SP campaign, MP component (that does look fun) and Co-Op Terrorist Hunt would of made a compelling package.

Will probably not pick it up. It's a shame because I was always looking forward to Rainbow Six: Patriots.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2015 02:44 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

PWNT

Old Post Sep 25th, 2015 04:26 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I guess there is.

They did a piss poor job telling people about it. It doesn't sound like a true campaign but just a bunch of missions you can do. Hmm, I guess I will wait and see.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2015 12:14 PM
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I guess there is.

They did a piss poor job telling people about it. It doesn't sound like a true campaign but just a bunch of missions you can do. Hmm, I guess I will wait and see.
True, all they've advertised is the multiplayer. I honestly had to check when you said there wasn't one because it hadn't crossed my mind

PWNT

Old Post Sep 25th, 2015 04:58 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Which is strange considering most complaints I have heard about this game is that there isn't a SP campaign.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2015 05:10 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

They should have turned Patriots into a next Gen release and let Siege be the quick release it is.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2015 08:56 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree.

But if those articles from above are correct then we are getting a spiritual successor to the original series. That's kind of cool as well.

My friend just ordered an Xbox One and all that co-op sounds very intriguing.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2015 09:37 PM
KingD19

I respect it for what it is and am glad hey didn't just let the series die, but it looks kinda like how HEIST 2 would play of you got a cops vs robbers mode and they added some extra gear and flair to it.

I guess I'm saying it's not a bad game, but it's not the great game Patriots could/would have been. It's so bare bones in comparison ya know?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 01:16 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

After playing the beta, I agree. Its fun, and I like how its almost a castle defense game where the attackers have to find weakspots in the defense, but it's lacking. I'm not sure if it can carry the game.

People don't usually communicate so it usually devolves into TDM wins by luck in the chaos, the graphics had a HUGE downgrade (surprise Ubisoft, just like Watch Dogs, every assassins creed, and probably the Division will be), the movement/gunplay is clunky and slow (probably to compensate for the super small maps and player count), proper customization is lacking (you have mostly preset classes that you can change up slightly), (etc...).

I will say that the fun factor goes up exponentially when you're playing with friends. The fun of this game is in the control/planning and execution of your plans kind of like previous R6s, except in a completely different way. It feels like a downgraded but still enjoyable spin off of the main series like Battlefield Hardline.

I'll probably end up getting it just to have a new shooter to play with friends on my downtime, but waiting for Battlefront is probably a safer bet. Hopefully the main game is more expansive.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 02:19 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Smasandian
Oh the beta is out? Meh.

I kind of wished it had a SP campaign because I don't think the MP will have any staying power. A SP campaign, MP component (that does look fun) and Co-Op Terrorist Hunt would of made a compelling package.

Will probably not pick it up. It's a shame because I was always looking forward to Rainbow Six: Patriots.

You're okay with Battlefront not having a single player campaign but when you thought Siege wouldn't, it sucked? Hypocrite.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 03:34 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Nemesis X
You're okay with Battlefront not having a single player campaign but when you thought Siege wouldn't, it sucked? Hypocrite.
Not quite the same though. Like he said, the MP in Siege won't have any staying power.

Battlefront, on the other hand, will reign supreme as the greatest shooter of 2015. That mp will live on for years.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 03:40 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Not quite the same though. Like he said, the MP in Siege won't have any staying power.

He wants one shooter to have a campaign and another to not but that shouldn't count because one pales in comparison? Seriously?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 03:51 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Nemesis X
He wants one shooter to have a campaign and another to not but that shouldn't count because one pales in comparison? Seriously?
...yes?

If you're not going to have a good multiplayer, your game NEEDS to have something else going for it. A single player could be that something. That sounds like pretty sound reasoning.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 03:57 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I want both Battlefront and Siege to have campaigns. I actually enjoyed BF3/BF4 SP's even though nobody else did. (I'm guessing you are talking about me??)

But I do agree that some games can coast on just having MP because it's has something about it that makes people play for years. Look at the variants of Counter-Strike, or Battlefield. I'm not sure I'm going to pick up Battlefront. I really enjoyed BF4 but I'm unsure if the Stars Wars paint job will entice me. If there was a SP campaign, I would be more inclined to pick it up.

Same feeling with Siege. At first, the MP didn't hold a lot for me. I'm not willing to pay all that cash for it's MP modes because I don't think it will hold well for a long period of time. But knowing there will be two other co-op modes and I have a friend who would to check this game out makes a difference if I pick it up or not.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 04:06 AM
KingD19

I enjoyed the BF campaigns. My main gripe with 4 is that in the first what...45 minutes you get promoted to squad leader, then Omar from "The Wire" spends the entire game giving you orders because apparently you're a f*cking mute. At least you got to talk in the cutscenes in BF3.

I also agree that some games don't need an SP to last. Call of Duty for example. The campaigns are always action packed and fun imo, however, I know more people who get it and go directly online(don't even touch sp), than people who actually take the couple hours to beat the campaign mode first. And then those same people play for years in MP. I still play Hardcore TDM with a friend I met back in MW2. He's never played the story after that game.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 05:23 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I always enjoyed CoD campaigns. I remember playing the original one to this day. It was one of those perfect days where everybody was away and I didn't have any responsibility. I had a ton of fun. And then I remember picking up CoD 2 and that had a ****ing amazing SP experience. That's why I still play them. I rarely ever play the MP component since MW2.

Probably not going to pick up Black Ops for a very long time. I don't really need too and there is two many amazing SP experiences coming out around that time anyways.

As for Siege, depending on how it reviews, I might try to play it because of those two co-op modes. In the end, everybody has their reasons for picking up a certain game. Picking up Siege because you found out it had a SP campaign but not caring if Battlefront does not have one doesn't mean you are hypocrite. It means that you feel that Battlefront MP has enough value to you that your willing to pay just for it. Some people wont pick up because the previous versions had a SP campaign is up to them as well. Same thing with Siege, I didn't think the MP had enough value for me (I played the alpha and I was pretty bored after about an hour) to warrant purchasing.

Last edited by Smasandian on Sep 26th, 2015 at 03:52 PM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 03:47 PM
Arachnid1

Has anybody been playing this? I ended up getting it half a year ago, and I'm getting close to platinum rank. This is by far the best shooter on the market right now, and I say that as a huge Battlefield diehard. It's launch was rough but the developers continued supporting it and the player base has grown tons. It's one of the rare games that gained players as time went on. It's amazing what they've done with it. This guy gives a pretty good overview of it's lifetime.

Also, looking back at previous posts, don't get this for single player. It's not a real single player. I'm not sure why they marketed it as one. I think they originally had more planned for it but ended up ditching it altogether and just giving us little situations to play through.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 08:22 PM