KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » No Man's Sky

No Man's Sky
Started by: Demonic Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Cut some of these developer's some ****en slack, ignoring how the finished product turned out for this game

should be at least happy someone decided to work this hard to create something interesting and awesome in the first place.

So those who bought No Man's Sky should be happy with what they got because it's better than nothing? A developer lied more than thirty times, tricking people into spending $60 for a game with not even half the amount promised and we should be ok with that?

Originally posted by Smasandian
Seriously?

Backlash is OK. Asking for a refund is OK. Criticising developers and pointing out the lies is OK. All this should be about constructive criticism so they can fix whatever is wrong with the game. Or at least help consumers stay away from the developer's next title.

However, saying the guy should be raped and murdered because the team made a bad game is ****ing pathetic. If that's the what you want to say, go ahead but get the **** out of here. All this because of a ****ing video game....

Agreed.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Aug 30th, 2016 at 08:21 AM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2016 08:13 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Cut some of these developer's some ****en slack, ignoring how the finished product turned out for this game

should be at least happy someone decided to work this hard to create something interesting and awesome in the first place.

Say you ordered a large pepperoni pizza but the delivery guy instead brought a plain small sized cheese pizza without even the pepperoni, would you still pay for it as a large pepperoni as long as it's still a pizza you should be grateful for having at all?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2016 08:35 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X
So those who bought No Man's Sky should be happy with what they got because it's better than nothing?

its not what i'm saying at all

quote:
A developer lied more than thirty times, tricking people into spending $60 for a game with not even half the amount promised and we should be ok with that?

Oh so the developer might have lied, So lets have a ***** about it and send him death threats (Not saying that were one of those many people who that) ?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2016 08:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

its not what i'm saying at all

I'd like to know what you meant if that wasn't it.

quote:
Oh so the developer might have lied, So lets have a ***** about it and send him death threats (Not saying that were one of those many people who that) ?

It's not okay but the developer still shouldn't have lied. No, I don't agree with sending death threats so don't take that out of context.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Aug 30th, 2016 at 09:22 AM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2016 09:11 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I had a thought about this game.

There is a video from GT Live where some guy is freak out about this game. He was always asking, "but what do you do in this game?" and was getting agitated. Then I remember that I had a similar conversation with a friend and I had the same view.

My point is that this game is a perfect game for the divided opinion between a optimist or a pessimist. The optimist sees something that could be very grand and amazing, filled with amazing things (and they are not wrong to base that assumption on pre-release trails and videos) and the pessimist realized that there isn't anything to do.

I find it interesting. And I think the major blowback from gamers are the people who were optimists who believed that this game would usher a new type of experience and wonderment when in fact, it's a shitty survival game with nothing to do.

It's sad because the technology within this game could of added an element to a FPS, RPG, Sim that would turn it into something magical.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2016 02:18 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

thumb up

"You should be happy a many lied about his video game to sell more copies than it would warrant on the game's own merits".

No. thumb down

**** the **** off.

As for whether or not I actually believe he should die for his raging phaggotry, that is for you to decide.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 04:16 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by NemeBro
"You should be happy a many lied about his video game to sell more copies than it would warrant on the game's own merits".

No. thumb down

**** the **** off.

As for whether or not I actually believe he should die for his raging phaggotry, that is for you to decide.

Stop trying to put your own words into my mouth.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 01:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

According to the latest Punk Effect "Completely Unnecessary Podcast", it looks like No Man's Sky lost about 90% of their player base overnight.

From the way they talk about the game, it sounds like it's actually a bit worse right now then Elite: Frontier. (Which was AWESOME, once you get past the learning curve.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2016 03:21 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So Sony's president threw Sean Murray under the bus today, condemning his PR strategy creating the hype for No Man's Sky. Brutal.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2016 10:11 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's crazy.

People criticize AAA development and say it's stagnant (which is a true statement) but I wonder how well this game would of turned out if the was taken out of Hello Games hands and put into a major developer. It could of been an amazing game. However, it's turned into a neat idea but with shitty components and mechanics.

People criticize games when they go overboard on features and they don't turn out well. It doesn't help when the game is barren in gameplay mechanics and the mechanics that are presenet are shit as well. It's the worst of two worlds.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2016 04:27 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

It's the E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy vs. Destiny comparison. The former has a lot of great ideas and originality but is hampered by being an unpolished piece of shit, and the latter is creatively bankrupt and by the numbers but looks and feels great due to its big boy AAA polish.

Games that feature the best of both worlds are rare.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2016 08:32 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by Nemesis X
So Sony's president threw Sean Murray under the bus today, condemning his PR strategy creating the hype for No Man's Sky. Brutal.

Uhhh there was no throwing under the bus.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2016 11:47 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Uhhh there was no throwing under the bus.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 12:49 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by NemeBro
It's the E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy vs. Destiny comparison. The former has a lot of great ideas and originality but is hampered by being an unpolished piece of shit, and the latter is creatively bankrupt and by the numbers but looks and feels great due to its big boy AAA polish.

Games that feature the best of both worlds are rare.

Meh, EYE Devine I haven't played so I can't really say but after seeing a video review and synopsis of it's gameplay mechanics, it just looks like a Deus Ex clone.

Not sure where you get that it's original.

There are games that are AAA quality that have original thought. It's not all the time but it's hardly rare.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 02:32 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Noticed they've brought out a update with some new things

too little too light methinks.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2016 01:14 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Also, not sure why they didn't wait for this update for the initial release.......

Old Post Nov 28th, 2016 12:12 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I watched a video and the person pointed out how this game could be the new Minecraft, How with that one new things got added over time.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2016 12:17 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well...I guess...but the game was ridiculed for being completely barren in terms of anything gameplay related. And it ****ing suffered for it. Having the ability to build bases in the vanilla game would of been very important for the release.

Personally, I always believe the tech was neat but you should of been able to build a civilization on a planet......

They should of limited the amount of planets by like 95% and have people build worlds and civilizations similarly to how you do in 4X games. They should of had a robust ship building aspect and be a seamless online world where you can attack/defend your planets/civ. That would of been ****ing cool.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2016 03:18 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Despite all the flak, support for No Man's Sky continued and now it's...good?

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jul 26th, 2018 at 04:11 AM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 04:02 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So i've heard that the game is actually good now, Problem is alot of folks have jumped ship before it did it good with all the updates.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 05:59 AM