KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » No Man's Sky

No Man's Sky
Started by: Demonic Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

shut up retard

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 06:43 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Stop talking about yourself.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 06:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

(please log in to view the image)

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 08:56 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Okay, so, has this game actually gotten better? I was considering it but what do people who still play this game (or play this game now, at least) think?

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 09:40 AM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I heard it was better. I never played but they added a ton of features in the last two years. The base building looks really cool and I haven't been able to find a game that can do it well (aside from sims of course).

I might pick it up in the future. Personally, Hello Games might consider releasing this on Xbox Game Pass....they might get a ton of people to try it out.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 12:39 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I'll never pick it up. Why reward bad behavior?

Taking people's money on the strength of features you know aren't implemented yet isn't good business, it's a con. And everyone who bought the thing early fell for it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 12:51 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well....I didn't reward bad behaviour.

But isn't it good behavior to spend the next 2 years creating content to fix the game for free?

90% of the developers would just leave it and bury it and hope people forget. Hello Games decided to own up their mistakes, release new content to create something different.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 01:17 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I call that "damage control".

And if enough people are interested, despite their tactics, they'd be fools to abandon it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 02:48 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah so.....how is damage control a problem?

I'm not getting the hate. Can a restaurant fix a menu item after feedback? Yes, they can. Can any manufacture of a good not allowed to fix issues that were found after it was sold? Yes.

A company like Hello Games should be congratulated for making a honest effort to fix the issues that were present when the game was released and also release a fair bit of content for free.

They should be heavily criticized for what they released and what happened before the game was released but if the game turns out to be fun 2 years later, your are not rewarding bad behaviour for the mistakes they had...you are rewarding good behaviour for fixing and releasing fairly large updates.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 03:26 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Yeah I'd rather someone spend time cleaning up their mess than leave it in the room to smell. However it's looked at, gotta give Hello Games credit not abandoning their game when most devs would.

Gotta say with improved animals & ecosystem, customization that lets you change race and appearence, multiplayer with sharing features, base building, land vehicles, improved space battles, etc., have to say that all sounds pretty cool.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jul 26th, 2018 at 09:16 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 09:07 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Bad comparison. A diner doesn't take your money for lobster and give you sardines.

NMS promised lobster, took peoples money, and you got sardines. If they were upfront about what you were paying into now, and promised to make it better, fair enough. That isn't what happened. They chose deception over transparency.

That's bad in and of itself, but the industry as a whole has been getting away with this for awhile now. Kickstarters abound of broken promises, backers left dangling in the wind, and offering full price for a beta demo.

To each your own, but I choose not to support such practices.

Last edited by cdtm on Jul 26th, 2018 at 10:43 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 10:41 PM
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Yeah I'd rather someone spend time cleaning up their mess than leave it in the room to smell. However it's looked at, gotta give Hello Games credit not abandoning their game when most devs would.

Gotta say with improved animals & ecosystem, customization that lets you change race and appearence, multiplayer with sharing features, base building, land vehicles, improved space battles, etc., have to say that all sounds pretty cool.

It does sound good.

As long as the system requirements are low enough, I may have gotten this.

I'd bet the guilty party isn't even the programmers. There's probably a PR/marketing guy that that handled the business end, and the programmers just want to make a good game.

Won't do it, though. You get burned enough times, you learn to avoid the fires. For example, when Mika Mobile chose to stop supporting Android devices, guess who was stuck with a dated game while IOS enjoyed the latest patch's? And later, Mika released an updated "Battleheart" free to the Android users as a promotion for their sequel that they chose to offer on the platform they abandoned. After telling their paying customers before jumping ship that updates are impossible, or "not worth the effort". That was certainly a further slap in the face to those who paid for their dated copy, looking at the "free" up to date version.

Or, when another company was having issues with mid end rigs running their fantasy game that looked worse then Flash games, they went and said "This is meant for high end rigs!" Basically a virtual middle finger to their supporters.

Converely, I have nothing but respect for outfits like the FTL: Faster Then Light people, who did everything right.

But I'm not saying "you" shouldn't enjoy it. you pay for it, by all means you should enjoy it.

Last edited by cdtm on Jul 26th, 2018 at 11:21 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 11:12 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by cdtm
Bad comparison. A diner doesn't take your money for lobster and give you sardines.

NMS promised lobster, took peoples money, and you got sardines. If they were upfront about what you were paying into now, and promised to make it better, fair enough. That isn't what happened. They chose deception over transparency.

That's bad in and of itself, but the industry as a whole has been getting away with this for awhile now. Kickstarters abound of broken promises, backers left dangling in the wind, and offering full price for a beta demo.

To each your own, but I choose not to support such practices.

But if you waited until now to get it, wouldn't that mean you didn't support the early version but a better one?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 12:11 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by cdtm
I'd bet the guilty party isn't even the programmers. There's probably a PR/marketing guy that that handled the business end, and the programmers just want to make a good game.

There's always that possibility. From EA and Bioware to Disney and Capcom to maybe Sony and Hello Games (when NMS was a timed exclusive), someone wants a deadline met no matter how much it hurts the game sometimes.

quote:
Won't do it, though. You get burned enough times, you learn to avoid the fires. For example, when Mika Mobile chose to stop supporting Android devices, guess who was stuck with a dated game while IOS enjoyed the latest patch's? And later, Mika released an updated "Battleheart" free to the Android users as a promotion for their sequel that they chose to offer on the platform they abandoned. After telling their paying customers before jumping ship that updates are impossible, or "not worth the effort". That was certainly a further slap in the face to those who paid for their dated copy, looking at the "free" up to date version.

Or, when another company was having issues with mid end rigs running their fantasy game that looked worse then Flash games, they went and said "This is meant for high end rigs!" Basically a virtual middle finger to their supporters.

Except NMS wasn't abandoned nor did it's separate versions receive any exclusive content that I know of. I get what you're saying though and this kinda stuff is why I don't usually pre-order or give support prior to the launch of something. I knew to wait out on NMS and sure enough, it was ass. Now it looks playable.

quote:
Converely, I have nothing but respect for outfits like the FTL: Faster Then Light people, who did everything right.

But I'm not saying "you" shouldn't enjoy it. you pay for it, by all means you should enjoy it.

thumb up

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 12:44 AM
cdtm

So how strong a rig do you need for this thing?

On a mobile Intel card. One of the better ones, that Doom 2016 was designed to play with.

To put it in perspective, if I bought Dragon Ball Fighter Z, I can play it, but I'd need to reduce the settings to half or low.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 08:34 PM