KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Tekken 7

Tekken 7
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
It wasn't always just focused on Kazuya, though. It was always "Kazuya vs. Heihachi" since the first game and unless Kazuya changes, he's going to always have somebody against him, rather it's Heihachi, Jin, or Lars.

I wish Ken "Godhand" Mishima was a Tekken character, though. I think he'd be a more popular main character than both Jin and Lars.

I'm not talking about the plot. I'm talking about how Kazuya was the focal/'main' character, with Paul being the rival. Heihachi was the antagonist.

Kazuya vs. Jin was the focus for T6. That shit could have been epic (and Jin was pretty kewl acting like an evil warlord), but the actual conflict was handled poorly IMO. Time to move on. A return to Kazuya vs. Heihachi is fine with me. And I really hope Paul is no longer the buffoon he was post-T3.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Compete with it, how? Wouldn't be surprised if MK9 was more successful than like Tekken 6. Hoping 7 is better than the last couple games though.

Tekken's gameplay is better IMO. Though yeah, T6 was a step down from T5, and I think MK9 is (overall) better.

Plus the 2nd best reviewed fighting game of all time is a Tekken game, with the first being the 1st Soul Calibur game. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Kazenji
The last Tekken game i played was the 3rd one, After that i mostly played demo's on discs

but i managed to find a copy of the 6th during a online sale that should be on its way.

You should have gotten Tekken Tag 2 instead. Way more fun, and an all-round better game.
Originally posted by Estacado
6 was cool!
Enjoy it.
Also try Street Fighter X Tekken.

Gonna get Tekken tag 2 soon...

Get it brah. It's better than T6.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 01:47 AM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 01:38 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Here's a 3 minute version of the trailer. Not much added though, mostly monologuing. Looks like Heihachi is going to get a power up. Like the old fuk wasn't tough enough.

http://youtu.be/yTm6BV8RT9A

The ending is unexpected.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 08:26 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I'm not talking about the plot. I'm talking about how Kazuya was the focal/'main' character, with Paul being the rival. Heihachi was the antagonist.

Kazuya vs. Jin was the focus for T6. That shit could have been epic (and Jin was pretty kewl acting like an evil warlord), but the actual conflict was handled poorly IMO. Time to move on. A return to Kazuya vs. Heihachi is fine with me. And I really hope Paul is no longer the buffoon he was post-T3.

Tekken's gameplay is better IMO. Though yeah, T6 was a step down from T5, and I think MK9 is (overall) better.

Plus the 2nd best reviewed fighting game of all time is a Tekken game, with the first being the 1st Soul Calibur game. stick out tongue

You should have gotten Tekken Tag 2 instead. Way more fun, and an all-round better game.

Get it brah. It's better than T6.
thumb up

Kazuya vs Jin would have been the best Tekken could have given us story wise. It was long overdue and it had many analogues to Heihachi vs Kazuya and Heihachi vs Jin. And would have worked to give FKN Heihachi a break. Unfortunately all we got was Lars. Kazuya and Lars and Heihachi. Sigh. And then Jin being the hero. Again. for the fkn 3rd time in a row. Jin needs to die.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 08:41 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Kazuya needs to kill Jin in T7 get back his half of Devil then 1 punch Heihachi....

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 08:45 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

I was really hoping they'll focus on Kazuya, maybe show us he's not completely lost to the devil, even bring back Jun...
Instead they're focusing on Heihachi and giving him the Alan Moore treatment. We're supposed to feel bad for him. Can't help but feel he'll be "the hero" of this story and therefore will win.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 08:57 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

What? They're really trying to make us feel bad for Heihachi? Wow. To hell with Namco. Seriously Heihachi is one of the most despicable human beings in video games. The shit he has put his family through is insane.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 10:27 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Yeah, look closely. He's fuking crying in the trailer. And they say he loves his wife. We don't even know jack about Kazuya and Jun but Heihachi's relationship is getting a backstory. Ugh..

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 05:42 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by SamZED
Yeah, look closely. He's fuking crying in the trailer. And they say he loves his wife. We don't even know jack about Kazuya and Jun but Heihachi's relationship is getting a backstory. Ugh..
Wow.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't care about whatever curse...if you fkn throw your son down a ravine/cliff and you shoot your grandson in the head...ugh. This would be the most disappointing retcon/plot twist ever. I don't even care if it makes sense from a story standpoint aka Heihachi was doing everything for the good of mankind. It would just ruin the fkn series.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 07:47 AM
Estacado
Legendary

thumb up
Heihachi wanting to save the world from Devil eh?
That would completly retarded since he wanted to harness his power from himself.

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 10:11 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

It is just unnecessary. Heihachi is the type of villain/anti-hero/character we love to hate.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 10:45 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 03:11 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

The english voices were not good to them.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 08:46 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Great news.
It would be even better news if theyd removed all t6 new characters. Except maybe zafina
man lars and bob sucked sooo bad. With their creation tekken will probably implement more anime retard characters. Just give me more kung fu joes. Also no more oversized boss battles.

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 03:39 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I liked Lars as a fighter from what i tried of him.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 07:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Bob was amazing. Leo and Miguel are pretty awesome too. I didn't care for Lars, Alisa or Zafina but I wouldn't call them a waste of character or anything.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 03:13 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Bob was amazing. Leo and Miguel are pretty awesome too. I didn't care for Lars, Alisa or Zafina but I wouldn't call them a waste of character or anything.
This. Slim Bob was ****ing awesome.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 08:07 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

You guys seriously like these cartoon fighting styles being put in tekken... its because of gamers like you guys that tekken is becoming a piece of anime crap

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 09:15 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

LoL. Yes because boxing kangaroos and fighting bears are not animesque crap.

Get real. Tekken's problems have nothing to do with the characters. Its the devolving gameplay.

Tekken hit its peak with Tekken Tag Tournament IMO. Tekken 4 was a test, and 5 was a back to basics approach. Also the game is so balanced that it kind of works against it IMHO. Almost everything feels the same. At least Tekken 4 had some unique playstyles.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 09:18 PM
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

1.. kangaroos can box laughing ... seriously though the animal character are obviously joke characters meant for shyts and giggles

2. Devolved gameplay? Introducing the bound system? More moves for every character?

I agree about tekken 4...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 09:36 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Zack Fair
LoL. Yes because boxing kangaroos and fighting bears are not animesque crap.

Get real. Tekken's problems have nothing to do with the characters. Its the devolving gameplay.

Tekken hit its peak with Tekken Tag Tournament IMO. Tekken 4 was a test, and 5 was a back to basics approach. Also the game is so balanced that it kind of works against it IMHO. Almost everything feels the same. At least Tekken 4 had some unique playstyles.
thumb up

PWNT

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 10:19 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote