KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Thor: Ragnarok

Thor: Ragnarok
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (74): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TH3_V01D

People want more movies of this horrible franchise?

Marvel should drop this B lister and give other character the chance in the big screen.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 06:42 PM
TH3_V01D is currently offline Click here to Send TH3_V01D a Private Message Find more posts by TH3_V01D Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TH3_V01D

Marvel should drop this B lister and give other character the chance in the big screen.

I see Thor movies to see Loki. Shots of Asgard and cool tech, Thor is just kinda there.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 05:03 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Portman might be gone
Oh please let this be true

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 05:27 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by TH3_V01D

Marvel can make Thor films and other films. Dc is the studio which seems to focus on a small group of characters unlike mighty marvel. How does second place feel ?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 12:23 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

PORTMAN Out; New THOR Love Interest Cast for RAGNAROK

quote:
Creed actress Tessa Thompson has been cast in an unnamed major role in 2017's Thor: Ragnarok, according to Deadline. Thompson will reportedly play "a kind of superhero" who will also act as Thor's love interest. The role is said to be a recurring one in future Marvel Cinematic Universe films.

http://www.newsarama.com/28780-repo...-superhero.html

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 07:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Was she not contracted for 3 films? That's gonna be strange given how Thor:TDW ended.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 09:17 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

People seem to think Tessa Thompson will be either Roz Solomon Or Valkyrie.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 09:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Honestly, if Natalie Portman is too stupid to want to be in these films then good riddance. If it's good enough for Sam Jackson, Anthony Hopkins, RDJ etc...then it should be good enough for her. I hate snooty people that act like being in a comic book movie is beneath them.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 09:44 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Honestly, if Natalie Portman is too stupid to want to be in these films then good riddance. If it's good enough for Sam Jackson, Anthony Hopkins, RDJ etc...then it should be good enough for her. I hate snooty people that act like being in a comic book movie is beneath them.

I don't think she's being snooty...after all she became famous from the Star Wars franchise. She went from playing an empowering character to cliched love interest in Thor.

And Jackson & Hopkins really don't care what they do these days as long as there's a pay check at the end of the day.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 10:08 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

It is a bit strange she doesn't want to be more associated with the role though, given how big Marvel movies have become.

I mean Gwenyth Paltrow embraced her role and was happy to have a role in Avengers, and remained the female lead in IM3 which became one of the biggest movies of all time, just like Thor 3 probably will be.

It's her preference I guess, but then why do Thor1, and why sign on for 2 more?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 10:15 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Well the plots in the Marvel franchise have broken away from love interests/damsels in distress. I don't think Paltrow or Portman are going to put their careers or personal lives on hold just to do a cameo for Marvel.
They both did kinda get written off in AOU already by both IM & Thor.

Maybe their contracts just simply stated if the plot needed them then they would be contractually obligated.

Last edited by Esau Cairn on Apr 12th, 2016 at 11:46 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 11:44 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Esau Cairn

And Jackson & Hopkins really don't care what they do these days as long as there's a pay check at the end of the day.

Disagree with Sam Jackson to a certain degree, Yeah he does some films where it does seem like that "days as long as there's a pay check at the end of the day"

but then he does other films where he puts a bit more effort into them.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 12:38 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Jackson is credited in appearing in over 122 films.
IMO that's quantity over quality.
A pay check.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 12:50 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Quality with some of those films

but hey if you disagree, Fair enough.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 12:58 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Of course I'm not debating the quality of his acting in some of his films.
But at some stage of his career he made that decision to simply play himself whenever a paid job was offered.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 01:11 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Kazenji
PORTMAN Out; New THOR Love Interest Cast for RAGNAROK

http://www.newsarama.com/28780-repo...-superhero.html

Best news I’ve heard about this film yet. I like Portman but her character was horrible, especially in TDW. Hopefully, they drop her friends as well.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
It is a bit strange she doesn't want to be more associated with the role though, given how big Marvel movies have become.

I mean Gwenyth Paltrow embraced her role and was happy to have a role in Avengers, and remained the female lead in IM3 which became one of the biggest movies of all time, just like Thor 3 probably will be.

It's her preference I guess, but then why do Thor1, and why sign on for 2 more?

IIRC, She signed on to the first one because of the director.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 01:53 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

She really didn't bring much so who cares. She wasn't interesting at all.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 02:01 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^@ares Ah to work with Kenneth Branagh.. That makes sense. Wish he stayed on for the sequels.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 02:23 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Hey, I like the Thor flicks. Like the visuals and trippy outerspace stuff. The second one was good. Don't understand the hate.

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Jackson is credited in appearing in over 122 films.
IMO that's quantity over quality.
A pay check.

Definitely. He has some great roles, not denying that. But the man just likes to work apparently.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 05:15 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Hey, I like the Thor flicks. Like the visuals and trippy outerspace stuff. The second one was good. Don't understand the hate.

Same.
Although im glad Portman is out. Jane,Darcy and pals were always messing up the glorious Asgard Thor space adventures stuff.

Thor should have been been having god sex with Sif anyhow.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 05:30 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote