KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassin's Creed: Rogue

Looking forward to this?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 4 30.77%
No 3 23.08%
Only gonna play Unity 1 7.69%
FFS Ubisoft, WTF. 5 38.46%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Assassin's Creed: Rogue
Started by: Demonic Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Sigh.

Sometimes I hate this industry.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 09:36 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Assassin's Creed IV:Black Flag (Templar ver.)

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 01:40 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

But with three different types of ship guns....

You get some forward guns! And some oil that creates flames! and a early version of a machine gun!!!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 02:19 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to play it. But aside from new people, slightly different ship gameplay and new locations, it's the same game. Not that I'm complaining much since Unity is going to be the real breadwinner. This'll be a nice sub entry.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 02:35 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
But with three different types of ship guns....

You get some forward guns! And some oil that creates flames! and a early version of a machine gun!!!

And ice-bergs. And Snowstorms. 1 polar bear too.

I wonder if Connor will be the one to kill Shaw.
Originally posted by KingD19
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to play it. But aside from new people, slightly different ship gameplay and new locations, it's the same game. Not that I'm complaining much since Unity is going to be the real breadwinner. This'll be a nice sub entry.

One of the locations is New York City. And I doubt it's going to be very different from the NYC in III. Maybe the only major difference will be the section that was burned down will be the pre-Great Fire version.

That said, I'm betting this game will have multiplayer. Seeing as Unity doesn't have it (thank goodness) that alone will probably be the reason some people buy it.

But yeah, I'll probably play it too. I don't have a PS4, and I'm not going to get one for a while, so I won't be able to play Unity sadly.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 02:53 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hahaha. The problem is that it's such a cash grab. It feels like Unity is trying to do something different (much larger crowds, co-op, descent and etc) while this is like (people still have old gen systems, lets redo AC4 but put a templar in it).

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 03:20 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

It's absolutely a cash grab. But they can sort of get away with it because it does indeed bridge a gap that would otherwise be between ACIV/ACIII and Unity.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 03:28 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

4 reasons why Rogue will better then Unity according to cinemablend

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/4-...campaign=buffer

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 09:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I'll check this game out.

To be honest though, they could have done the same premise with Haytham Kenway. This character is apparently part of the Kenway line anyways, and I love Haythem. He was was my favorite character in the series before his father in Black Flag.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 09:27 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Kazenji
4 reasons why Rogue will better then Unity according to cinemablend

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/4-...campaign=buffer

Meh....

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 01:05 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm looking forward to this AC game and i'm with Arachnid1 in regards to getting to play as a templer again.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 01:11 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Smasandian
Meh....
Yeah. Wishful thinking at best.

---

I didn't know Unity was current gen exclusive tho. Kewl.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 05:22 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah. I'm guessing that the couldn't port the game to last gen because it would ruin it. I'm thinking massive crowds from the French Revolution would break PS3/360.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 05:28 PM
KingD19

30,000 people all doing something? Yeah. Your system would blow up.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 06:05 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Read some stuff around where this takes place in he latest Game informer

It fits into the timeline around preceding the decline of the Assassins and Achilles Davenport's disillusionment or as they put it in the magazine, Shay Cormac could'eve been like Anakin skywalker & Davenport as Kenobi .

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 07:02 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Achievement List is up

http://www.xboxachievements.com/gam...e/achievements/

glad that there's no multiplayer related ones.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 07:05 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Been playing Rogue for a while now, and I must say, it's every bit as enjoyable as Black Flag.

Story seems to be freaking short though. Only 6/7 main sequences from the looks of it.
And damn, Shay is a freaking bawss. Haytham is back too, so that automatically makes Rogue >>> Unity.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 01:32 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah i've heard about the train wreak that was Unity. I've only just started to become a templer in the game, Just freed guy and is about to retake the Morrigan

i haven't played Black Flag, But i like how the crafting system is set up like Far Cry 3 just make the items on the go.

Last edited by Kazenji on Nov 16th, 2014 at 02:59 AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 02:53 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Rogue is to Black Flag what Brotherhood was to 2. A refined version of a pretty damn good game all things considered.

I'm in the same sequence as you (just a couple of memories further ahead of you), and so far, my only gripe is that Shay's Templar outfit does not have a hood. Combat seems to be about as clunky as Black Flag's system was though. Ship combat remains as entertaining as ever.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 03:55 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Damn, this game feels a lot bigger than Black Flag did. Played it for 25 hours and all I've got is 50% synch. Story is stupidly short, but pretty good, and Shay is the second best protagonist AC has had IMO.

The River Valley is a pretty cool setting though. Some areas are considerably bigger than expected, and they look interesting (Old Growth Forest is ridiculous), but they're pretty empty.

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Nov 21st, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 12:20 AM