KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Bloodborne

Bloodborne
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

There is a giant pig in the sewers. Almost got a heart attack when I had only a sliver of health after it hit me while I was climbing a ladder.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2015 10:35 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I wasn't really interested in this game for various reasons. The main one is that I get frustrated fairly easy.

I have no problems playing tough games if they are fair. For instance, I enjoyed playing Super Meat Boy when it came out while I died a lot I never got annoyed with it. On the other hand, I get really annoyed when games are cheap and difficult through cheap reasons.

From what I gathered, the game is very hard but fair. The one negative is the extremely long load times (from reviews) and that would put a damper on my enjoyment. I don't mind dying if its quick and painless to reload.

So in the end,

1. Is the game cheap? Or something like Super Meat Boy where once you get a hang of it, it's gets much easier?

2. When death does occur, is it painless to reload or do you have replay long sections again?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2015 10:42 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I wasn't really interested in this game for various reasons. The main one is that I get frustrated fairly easy.

I have no problems playing tough games if they are fair. For instance, I enjoyed playing Super Meat Boy when it came out while I died a lot I never got annoyed with it. On the other hand, I get really annoyed when games are cheap and difficult through cheap reasons.

From what I gathered, the game is very hard but fair. The one negative is the extremely long load times (from reviews) and that would put a damper on my enjoyment. I don't mind dying if its quick and painless to reload.

So in the end,

1. Is the game cheap? Or something like Super Meat Boy where once you get a hang of it, it's gets much easier?

2. When death does occur, is it painless to reload or do you have replay long sections again?
1. Yes

2. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

PWNT

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 05:55 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So you do have replay long sections?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 01:36 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Out of curiosity, why? It has a horror Victorian theme, which is already on point straight off the bat. The combat is very fast and challenging, which is a plus. Its by the creators of Dark Souls/Demon Souls so the lore will be on point. Have you seen the trailer below? It got me beyond hyped.

What kills it for you?

It looks absolutely gorgeous and hauntingly brutal, but I have my reservations about the overall gameplay.

It's not that I don't have the patience and resolve to play a 60+ hour game, but I don't know enough about the story, the character development, and the progression of the plot. Also, is the protagonist completely silent? Legend of Zelda games aside, I like for my characters in modern games to have voices. It just looks to be a wandering hack & slash game.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 03:05 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Smasandian
So you do have replay long sections?
Sorry, I was drunk when I answered. Didn't realize it wasn't a one word answer type of question.

Yes, you have to replay sections sometimes if you die. Enemies respawn. Death is almost always the players fault though, so its on you if you screw up. The initial learning curve for this game is brutal and you will die many times till you learn. That said, it does not get easier. Each new enemy is a new learning experience and will likely kill you the first time.

Originally posted by Impediment
It looks absolutely gorgeous and hauntingly brutal, but I have my reservations about the overall gameplay.

It's not that I don't have the patience and resolve to play a 60+ hour game, but I don't know enough about the story, the character development, and the progression of the plot. Also, is the protagonist completely silent? Legend of Zelda games aside, I like for my characters in modern games to have voices. It just looks to be a wandering hack & slash game.
The protagonist is silent, yes. Agreed on voices being preferable.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 08:14 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

If this game is anything like Dark Souls or Demon souls then it's certainly not the game for you.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 08:16 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

It's heading toward being an all-time favorite, for me. It is an absolutely engrossing and incredible experience. The way you are woven into the story, as it were effortlessly a portion of the environment, is something few devs/writers can accomplish successfully.

It looks great, plays great, and is atmospherically stunning. Everything clicks in this game. It demands you to be a greater and more efficient player, while rewarding you for facing that challenge vis-a-vis.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 08:42 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

How is this game not a wandering hack & slash version of Destiny?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 12:55 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

It probably isn't shit?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 01:21 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

F*ck the Blood-starved Beast.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 01:53 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

For one thing, it's got personality.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Before fighting Father Gascoine, there's a kid you can optionally visit who will give you a music box that plays his dad's song. If you play it during the boss fight, Gascoine will stop and lose his shit even while in werewolf form. Once it's over, you can find the corpse of the kid's mom and take her brooch to him. He cries and later commits suicide.

And what quest does Destiny got you doing? Farming.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 03:25 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

confused

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 04:49 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The Destiny reference is for repeated missions, same gameplay, wander around, kill things, boss fight, level up, repeat.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 03:59 PM
ares834

You just explained virtually every RPG ever.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 04:28 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by ares834

Except Destiny sucked ass at it because they had a shit story, silent protagonist, and the exact same thing over and over. There wasn't even any variety really.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 04:52 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by ares834

Or any game basically.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 04:54 PM
NemeBro

The Destiny reference is for repeated missions, same gameplay, wander around, kill things, boss fight, level up, repeat.
You're going to need to clean up this post if you want it to be readable.

Repeated missions like what?

Same gameplay as what?

You wander around in most games, particularly open-world games. Which Bloodborne is. What's wrong with exploration?

You kill things in most action games.

There are boss fights in most action games.

You level up in most RPGs.

Well yeah, there's not one level, or thing to kill, or place to go, or boss to kill in the game. That would be boring.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 07:03 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Weapon of choice?

Cane/Bluderbuss for me!
I'm using the axe and regular gun. Not sure of the names.

That guy in the tower, who sprays bullets at you, is destroying me every time I climb up to fight him.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 10:34 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Badabing
That guy in the tower, who sprays bullets at you, is destroying me every time I climb up to fight him.

You just gotta trick him into falling off one of the ledges when he charges. If you needed to scavenge something off him, you're gonna have to go back to the Hunter's Dream and then go back to Old Yharnam. The guy will not spawn back (thank god) but whatever he had will reappear back at the top of the tower.

edit - Oh, right, it's one of those hunter badges. Had to check my inventory.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 28th, 2015 at 12:03 AM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 11:59 PM