KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil Revelations 2

Resident Evil Revelations 2
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Haven't gotten or touched any episodes of this game still, but based on your reaction I'm guessing they made it too action-y with Claire or something? In which case, thanks for letting me know then. May not bother with this after all, and the first Revelations gave me more hope that they'd improve again. thumb down

It's more action-y than the first one, definitely. Not as bad as RE6 mind you, but not far off either.

My main gripe was that Capcom, for some reason, don't allow local co-op on pc. Yet modders are already adding it back in. WTF Capcom.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 08:53 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Just bought this today. I'm excited to play it all the way through as opposed to episodes.

I'll post comments later this evening.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2015 04:42 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Zack Fair
I just don't think it's going to be great. Then again I could just be hating on Capcom. But I haven't been blown away and felt a RE game was great since 4.

Revelations was ok tho.

Try RE HD Remaster. The real RE experience.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2015 05:22 AM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Not a bad game at all. so far. I'm only on the second episode and the game is already coming together quite nicely.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2015 05:38 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Not a bad game at all, I must again admit.

The ending was kinda lame (I received the good ending), but the over all experience was very good. This felt like an even better game than the first Revelations.

A few questions, though:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Why does Alex want Natalia? Where is the back story of this explained in the game? What makes Natalia the perfect specimen for Alex's experiments? And if Barry's scenes are six months after Claire's, then when did Alex become a mutant monster after shooting herself in the head?How did Natalia even escape that chamber?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 12:53 AM
Arachnid1

I finally got around to playing this. So far, so good. I beat the first episode, and boy is it good to see Claire and Barry back. Hate Barry's girl though. The way Moira constantly talks chit on Barry and calls him by his first name is on my last nerve.

Also, dat cliffhanger. Not even mad.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 11:43 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I just beat episode 2.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I've been waiting for Alex Wesker to show up for a loooooong time. Its a well known fact by now that there were two surviving Wesker children from the experiment that created Albert. Alex has been off the grid this entire time. I've got to say, I didn't expect Alex to end up being a girl. Hopefully she'll be a proper villain.

Also hoping she survives the game. Albert was the last great villain we had. Alex better measure up.

Lastly, my god that drill boss on Barry's section. I was out of ammo and had to spend 10 minutes sprinting around in circles timing my knife attacks to kill him. I felt like I just beaten a Bloodborne/DS boss when I finished with this guy. Both bosses gave me a fair amount of trouble (survivor difficulty for my first playthrough).

This was a massive improvement from episode 1. Went from alright, to pretty good. Hopefully episode 3 is just as big of an improvement.

PWNT

Old Post May 9th, 2015 08:23 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Done with episode 3. Yet another improvement from episode 3.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Glad Neil died quick enough. I was getting tired of Claires crush on the dude. Leon is aallllll you need babe. wink

Great boss battle with him too. Hardest boss in the game yet. I died a good 8 times before I finally beat him. All the bosses in this game have been pretty impressive. I was glad I was able to avoid fighting Barry's boss a second time. I blew all my ammo on him the first time. When he popped back up again, I just lugged the battery all the way over to the switch, pulled it, and GTFO of there. Its cool this game gives you the option to just ditch bosses sometimes. Even if they end up returning as reoccurring bosses since they originally survived.

I also liked how there was no overlap between the campaigns this time outside of one small section. I was getting tired of running through familiar spaces a second time with different characters.

I like how Alex Weskers speech patterns match Alberts. Its always a good laugh when I imagine him saying her lines. Its a perfect fit. Still, I'm disappointed so far with her as a villain. She's already in full out mutant mode, so you know she's not gonna survive the game. Her plan to be reborn through Uroburos is somehow even worse than Alberts plan for Global Saturation. I expected more from a Wesker. So far, Alberts the only one worth a damn. Don't like his sister, and Jake can phuck right off back to whatever obscure corner of the world he spent the past RE games. She better blow me away in the last episode.

Lastly, this episode hit it in the feels a few times. The first was meeting the old man who used to be a resident of the island before Wesker came and wiped out everyone except he and his daughter. I was glad the dude was managing to survive by himself in the sewers. Unfortunately, when you play Barry's campaign which takes place six months later, you find the old mans body in the room where you left him and a letter talking about how he was sure he'd find and save his girl someday. Following this, you find a letter from his daughter who is becoming a mutant/monster herself praying her dad would come save her. That was too sad.

Also felt for Barry when he listened to the recording of Moira as she died apologizing for how she she was a bad daughter. I always kind of hoped Barry was living a happy life after RE1. I guess he was until now, but damn poor guy deserved better than this. Can't wait to see how Moira dies in the last episode.

Hopefully we get to meet Polly someday as a character.

I have high hopes for the last episode. Each one has been a great improvement over the prior. Hopefully it keeps up the trend.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on May 10th, 2015 at 09:32 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2015 09:23 PM
Arachnid1

Disappointed in the end.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Claire and Moira's little intro section was short and pointless. It killed off Moira at the end, and gave us the first step in Weskers transformation, but it was weak. No boss boss or anything. Just a short little intro for their last co-op section. The evil base set up was completely wasted. This showed me that Barry was actually the main character of the game. The story revolved around him. Claire and Moira's entire story was just set up for the meat (Barry). I'm actually alright with this. Barry's been gone for a while. He deserved a game dedicated to him, so I actually liked this entire last chapter being his perspective. Still, it was weirdly executed.

What I didn't like was all the unnecessary fan service. The majority of this episode took place in Weskers 'mansion'. Honestly, Spencer had a mansion. Wesker had a mansion. How many throw backs to this are we gonna get? I mean it's a cool setting and all, but be more creative. The cruise liner in Revelations 1 was a unique and new setting. This game just checked off the typical (mansion, sewers, jail, mining camp, etc...).

The absolute worst part of this is how they wasted Alex Wesker. This was the last surviving child of Spencer's Project W. She should have rocked the foundations of the planet. Instead, she fails her big plan completely, mutates into a final boss and gets blown away by an RPG from a helicopter? How many times have we seen this ending? Albert got the exact same BS treatment. I get that its classic RE, but not every game needs to end like this. It's getting a little old. I will say though, that I loved the final bosses design. It was actually kind of creepy. She kind of reminded me of the God boss at the end of Silent Hill 3. Not bad.

Also, why did Wesker scream when she looked into Natalias eyes at the end of episode 3? They just left that hanging.

It was also stupid how Moira showed up out of nowhere. How many tons of debris dropped on her? How did she survive the self-destructing base? Her legs should have been pancake and she should have been a charred corpse. The premise of her being dead from the beginning was interesting, and they actually delivered a death that effected me! But instead somehow she pushed the debris off, patched up her legs, and survived on the island alone for six months? Wtf? Why? This with the overboard, corny, feel good ending was retarded. This completely killed what little impact the story had before now.

EDIT: Ok, I just saw the after credits scene. Weskers plan actually worked and she transferred her mind into Natalia's body. I guess us killing her with the RPG was what she needed for the transfer to complete. Was Natalia actually partially inside Wesker or something? Is that why Wesker screamed when she looked in Natalia's eyes episode 3? Maybe she saw that the transformation was nearly complete. Either way, at least that means we'll get more Wesker someday. She'll need to do a better job proving herself as a villain in her next outing.

I liked the game, if for no other reason than bringing Claire and Barry back into the fray. I don't know if I'd call this better than Revelations 1 though. Thats a stretch. This game went too far action mode at the end. Still, great content for the amount of money you buy it for. It's easily worth more than $25 so I cant complain. Just (I'm getting tired of asking this) focus on the horror next time. Enough with the action.

Also, please bring back Billy and Rebecca.

PWNT

Old Post May 11th, 2015 02:24 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Try RE HD Remaster. The real RE experience.
I know this is old but thumb up

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 11th, 2015 02:41 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote