KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Pokken Tournament (Pokemon and Tekken collaboration)

Pokken Tournament (Pokemon and Tekken collaboration)
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

I don't think that's true.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 03:26 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
I don't think that's true.

Well, then you might be right

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 04:42 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Looks pretty neat. I'm not a huge fan of fighting games, but maybe I'll give it a shot.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 09:25 PM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Maining Blaziken (probably)!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 12:59 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

It will probably suck though.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 01:01 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by The Scenario
Looks pretty neat. I'm not a huge fan of fighting games, but maybe I'll give it a shot.
Not you too...

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 01:37 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Not you too...

It's Nintendo! Therefor it is automatically better!

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 01:49 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Not you too...

Play with us, NemeBro!

Originally posted by Lek Kuen

I find it a little weird how Nintendo's basically becoming an invasive species... EVEN ON ITSELF.

Seriously, it was announced earlier today that Link (character) and the Blue Falcon (vehicle) would be available in a DLC pack for Mario Kart 8.

I don't know why, but I'm kinda f**king excited about that!

Last edited by Etherean Fire on Aug 28th, 2014 at 02:12 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:08 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

I love Tekken and I like Pokemon but this game doesn't excite me at all. I'm not knocking it, I suppose I'll try it but it doesn't look like a $50-60 game for me.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:37 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Plot twist: I haven't bothered with watching the vid.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:40 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Plot twist: I haven't bothered with watching the vid.

It looks... Ok. Fast paced, nice animations (still a bit stiff in some character movements), but the battle scenes are cut so you don't quite get the battle pace.

What bothers me is that it seems that they are going for more realistic physics, and in my eyes Pokemon should go stupid MarvelvsCapcom style. I want my Machamp to throw a hill-sized boulder at people, is that too much to ask?

Nintendo better do a Machamp Amiibo based on this.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 04:49 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Lek Kuen

Heh.

In all seriousness though, it is kinda annoying/disheartening seeing how many there are that normally don't give two shits about traditional fighters, only to act suddenly interested when one of them is given the Poke-paint job. Not to shit on anyone here, but just speaking in general, when I look at the reaction of this game on other sites...

Who knows though, maybe the game will convert some of them into Tekken fans. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by Sacred 117
I find it a little weird how Nintendo's basically becoming an invasive species... EVEN ON ITSELF.

Seriously, it was announced earlier today that Link (character) and the Blue Falcon (vehicle) would be available in a DLC pack for Mario Kart 8.

I don't know why, but I'm kinda f**king excited about that!

The next game may as well be "Nintendo Kart", where characters from any Ninty series can be a racer (basically a racing version of Smash Bros), rather than be Mario Kart 9. Real talk.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I love Tekken and I like Pokemon but this game doesn't excite me at all. I'm not knocking it, I suppose I'll try it but it doesn't look like a $50-60 game for me.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. It's kind of how I am with Hyrule Warriors honestly. Not bashing it, but I've had my previous share of Dynasty Warriors to possibly not find it to be worth the $60 or so even with the slapped on Zelda skin, although the Ganondorf does make it tempting.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 05:41 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The next game may as well be "Nintendo Kart", where characters from any Ninty series can be a racer (basically a racing version of Smash Bros), rather than be Mario Kart 9. Real talk.

They better make a skin of Fire Mario in the next Metroid Prime.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 06:47 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

In all seriousness though, it is kinda annoying/disheartening seeing how many there are that normally don't give two shits about traditional fighters, only to act suddenly interested when one of them is given the Poke-paint job.
I agree, Scream's a glans gobbler. thumb up

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 03:52 PM
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

I think the point is to grab people who wouldn't otherwise be interested. I still don't much care about this kind of fighting game, so I don't plan on buying it. I probably will play it at some point, though.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 10:20 PM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by The Scenario
I think the point is to grab people who wouldn't otherwise be interested. I still don't much care about this kind of fighting game, so I don't plan on buying it. I probably will play it at some point, though.

Well their point is people who talk shit about fighting games like that sucking mechanically, suddenly acting like it's going to be a great game. Instead of just saying they just want it because fan service instead of hiding

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 10:26 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

It's the same as Hyrule Warriors. And sad thing is...it works. I wanna play Hyrule Warriors despite the fact I never played Dynasty Warriors. I always found it interesting, way back when blockbuster existed I saw the videos and kept telling myself I'd rent it for PS2...but it never happened.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 10:43 PM
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Zack Fair
I hope it's not another jugglefest.

Well, they said they're not going to use the Tekken engine so maybe that's a good sign.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 05:50 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Well, they said they're not going to use the Tekken engine so maybe that's a good sign.

If it's a new engine then I'll give it a shot, it might not be hopelessly mediocre.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 06:04 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

So earlier today Pikachu, Gardevoir, and Suicune were confirmed for this game. Suicune in particular surprised me, as it opens the door for other quadrupedal Pokemon.

Still not caring for the game that much yet though, but it will be ported to Wii U after all, apparently.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 04:34 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote