KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » How powerful is Cosmic Armor Superman?

How powerful is Cosmic Armor Superman?
Started by: CatL18

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman will always save the day, his story will always be there...
As the modern incarnation of the Hero archetype, this ^ pretty much sums it up.

(please log in to view the image)

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 10:46 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

(please log in to view the image)
I wouldn't but him to
TOAA
The Presence
Mother of Existence
Pre-Retcon Beyonder level

But he does kinda beat LT unless anyone wanna give a reason because I like Superman but i ain't a fan of his but come on stating he is Multi-Universe is beyond slow level and Comicvine,Moviescodec, and or spacebattles down play because they wont admit who would honestly win.......
Thought Robot can beat Elder God Demonbane,Kami Tenchi,Lord of nightmares and Featherine

Thought Robot can beat Image Comics (-Mother of existence)
Thought Robot can probably beat The Living Tribunal
Thought Robot surely beats Lucifer+Michael,Mr.Mxyzptlk,Spectre (Probably beats The Word also.

But yeah it was pure plot which defeated TR.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 05:21 PM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

He's "beyond" all of those things, in the sense they all branch off out from him as a concept. No Superman potentially = no Pre Retcon Beyonder, Living Tribunal, or for that matter no Marvel comics (Without which there'd be no One Above All. They'd have to become common magazine writers/editors, or get another line of work. stick out tongue )

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on May 2nd, 2015 at 08:09 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 08:06 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

Originally posted by cdtm
He's "beyond" all of those things, in the sense they all branch off out from him as a concept. No Superman potentially = no Pre Retcon Beyonder, Living Tribunal, or for that matter no Marvel comics (Without which there'd be no One Above All. They'd have to become common magazine writers/editors, or get another line of work. stick out tongue )

Should explain more to what you mean.

Old Post May 17th, 2015 08:15 PM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CatL18

If Cosmic Armor is "metafictionaly" even above Presence or TOAA as people in here said, why do people put hiw below even Lucifer or Mxy?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2016 11:04 PM
CatL18 is currently offline Click here to Send CatL18 a Private Message Find more posts by CatL18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CatL18

Sorry for double post.

But, i only want to know why there is huge interpretation gap about power level of Cosmic Armor Superman.
And,i want to know what made this huge interpretation gap.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2016 11:35 PM
CatL18 is currently offline Click here to Send CatL18 a Private Message Find more posts by CatL18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Really, CAS was a metaphor for the "idea" of comics. The whole "Superman Beyond 4d" story was all meta stuff.

In that context, Superman was probably the most powerful being in fiction. It's like the Greatest Fan Film Ever Made where Superman defeats Darkseid, Galactus, and some other guy I forget... He didn't do that because "power levels", he did that because he's to root of all super hero adventures.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2016 04:20 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

CAS is a plot device. He's essentially on par with beings like TOAA, The Presence, Lucifer Morningstar, Mr. Myx, etc.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 03:47 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CatL18

Thank you very much for your response.
I can apperciate that. I have been reading Morrison's works and his interviews.
So, i can understandreald metatextual importance of Superman in Morrison's stories and even comic culture and beyond.
And, without considering them, CAS is far bigger than Limbo which hold library holding a tiny book holding DC omniverse.
So,even if CAS's exact power depends on how we interpret metatextual things in Morrison's work, i can understand that CAS is super uber powerful as people here said.

What i still wonder is why most people discusssing CAS in all over the internet hardly refer to that.
I can't understand why anyone doesn't even refer to what is apparent in the story.
Do they ignore it? or Do they discuss without reading Superman Beyond 3D?

Last edited by CatL18 on Dec 9th, 2016 at 03:32 AM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 03:19 AM
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

because some people can't or ignore that fact.CA superman in grant morrison's interview(even in story have mentioened)he and mandrakk is literally a plot device(or some sort),and this make all argument about CA superman power/versus some people been pointless,i mean how could anyway a story characters beating a plot device?or more deeply,argument CAS power this essentailly is meaningless

Old Post Dec 28th, 2018 11:54 AM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 04:18 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
because some people can't or ignore that fact.CA superman in grant morrison's interview(even in story have mentioened)he and mandrakk is literally a plot device(or some sort),and this make all argument about CA superman power/versus some people been pointless,i mean how could anyway a story characters beating a plot device?or more deeply,argument CAS power this essentailly is meaningless

Since when did meta-textual inferences by writers become an acceptable substitute for feats? She-Hulk beating up her writer or Morrison drawing parallels between one of his villains and online piracy never made any of the events any more real.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2019 02:51 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Originally posted by Astner
Since when did meta-textual inferences by writers become an acceptable substitute for feats? She-Hulk beating up her writer or Morrison drawing parallels between one of his villains and online piracy never made any of the events any more real.
well,because she-hulk is actually comics story character with some meta factors,and cosmic superman on the other hand,his purpose is a meta-character,from morrison's interview to even in comics said he is better story than mandrakk,your she-hulk expamle actually was similar to superman,because superman also know himself is a story character,even carving his epigraph "to be continued",but no one will take this feat to battle.
but cosmic armor superman was like morrison or yellow aliens those characters,these characters purpose from beginning is meta.not give this characters story to interactes with.
and i didn't say cosmic armor superman is invincible in forum battle,i just say use it is meaningless and pointless,this basically is depend on how do you think "meta"

Last edited by qwertyuiop1998 on Mar 18th, 2019 at 04:52 AM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2019 04:48 AM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Morrison taking inspiration from a blank page to come up with the Overvoid doesn't change the fact that the page itself isn't talking. It's still a fictional character, and no more real than any other fictional character.

Or in the case of Trano and Zaarn, or better yet: Mr. Mxyztplk being depicted to blow the ink and colors off the page in World's Funnest. It isn't a literal occurrence of the ink getting blown off the page. It's an impressive feat because he blows up the multiverse, but that's all we take away from it.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2019 11:17 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Originally posted by Astner
Morrison taking inspiration from a blank page to come up with the Overvoid doesn't change the fact that the page itself isn't talking. It's still a fictional character, and no more real than any other fictional character.

Or in the case of Trano and Zaarn, or better yet: Mr. Mxyztplk being depicted to blow the ink and colors off the page in World's Funnest. It isn't a literal occurrence of the ink getting blown off the page. It's an impressive feat because he blows up the multiverse, but that's all we take away from it.
yeah,i agree them all just fictional characters,we shouldn't really take like mxy blows up pages or omniverse was including our reality in some marvel version,or like dr.manhattan observed our universe seriously.but we neither shouldn't separating characters meaning and writer's purpose.all in all,our so-called forum battle just us personally thought about characters,or more pricisely,just our understanding and imagination toward a writer's fiction,and some people forming a group,uses they rule to make this forum battle game could continuing(but different groups had different rules,like KMC uses like trans-tier,herald-tier,etc).so there shouldn't be an absolute codex about how to legit a feat.i mean,those just fiction to providing spiritual entertainment(so i always refuse to call characters like planet-buster,galaxy-buster those name,i thought it's really haven't entertainment spirit,we discussing characters i personally perspective it's kind of entertainment)
just don't twisting comics' original text and said myself rules and imagination was absolute correct.
and back to cosmic armor superman case,considering superman beyond and morrison's interview,we could see that character from beginning was to eulogizing superman's story,essentialy from beginning he was a meta-character,so i personally think that bring it to a forum battle were really meaningless and pointless

Last edited by qwertyuiop1998 on Mar 18th, 2019 at 11:51 AM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2019 11:48 AM
CatL18

Geo Johns seemed to comfirm that Superman is the center of DC omniverse.
Does it affect CAS's powerlevel?

Old Post May 29th, 2019 05:49 PM