KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Rankings

Rankings
Started by: Vorpal Ruin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Is there anything that supports this?

If you did watch the show, you wouldn't ask this question.

quote:

Almec : Clearly you are powerful, but how can two of you overthrow Vizsla and his supporters ?

Maul : Vizsla is a soldier, and like every soldier, he is bound by honour. I will challenge him to single combat in front of his men, he will not deny me.

----TCW 05x15 - Shades of Reason

Anyway, I can show you dozens of examples about Vader, who had trouble against non-force sensitive Bounty Hunters sometimes, you can't prove anything with that example. Or other Mandalorian leaders, and Fetts were defeating / contending with force sensitive beings etc.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Mandalorians have been consistently portrayed as some of the greatest non-force sensitive warriors in the mythos, and Vizsla is their leader.

thumb up

Last edited by Marco1907 on Nov 1st, 2014 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 09:39 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

[QUOTE=14947332]Originally posted by Emperordmb
Boba Fett... Fair enough on that one although IIRC him and Jaina were both holding back during that spar.

Edit: Also, is Jaina really as good as Maul as a duelist..?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 09:41 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

"I will challenge him to single combat in front of his men" doesn't mean he wasn't going all out against him, albeit without the force

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ILS

Seems people are rating her in the Dooku range as a duelist.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 09:46 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Seems people are rating her in the Dooku range as a duelist.
I skimmed that thread. Eh.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 09:47 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by ILS

Considering her performance against Caedus, I'd say she is considerably better.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 09:49 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by Trocity
"I will challenge him to single combat in front of his men" doesn't mean he wasn't going all out against him, albeit without the force

''One warrior to another'' ...

What are you expecting from here ? Speedblitz him with one shot via using force speed or force choking him with sorceries ways of the jedi ?

And Death Watch wouldn't follow you. Even with that good show, some commanders denied Maul, with usage of force, all of them would deny him.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 09:50 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Anyway, a tier list is an awful idea considering how varied our opinions on various characters are.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 09:51 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by ares834
Anyway, a tier list is an awful idea considering how varied our opinions on various characters are.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 09:52 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Considering her performance against Caedus, I'd say she is considerably better.
Lol bye context

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 09:56 PM
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Caedus, Luke all of them inconsistent from old EU.

GM Luke was unable to defeat Desann in Jedi Knight II. Or he gets some trouble with Lumiya in FotJ, etc.

Last edited by Marco1907 on Nov 1st, 2014 at 09:59 PM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 09:56 PM
ares834

Originally posted by ILS
Lol bye context

And yet, it is still far more impressive than anything Maul ever did. Especially their first duel.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 09:59 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

And yet, it is still far more impressive than anything Maul ever did. Especially their first duel.
Of course it is.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 10:01 PM
ares834

Originally posted by ILS
Of course it is.

Glad you agree.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 10:03 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Marco1907
His force lightning is impressive enough imo, he has better force lightning than Count.

FL means nothing in the aggregate of skill, power, and feats which should be the determining factors in ranking. Nyriss has potent lightning but would be stomped by all the duelists on tier 8, Bane has no skill feats and his lightning doesnt rven compare to what he lacks to be on that tier imo

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 10:39 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

We don't have to agree on who's on it. It's fine if person A thinks character Y is on Grand Master tier while person B thinks they're on High Council.

Arguing about who is where is part of the fun!

I like having tiers for the purpose of mentioning "I think X is this tier, and here's why," to give people a better idea of how I picture characters.

Originally posted by Marco1907
Caedus, Luke all of them inconsistent from old EU.

GM Luke was unable to defeat Desann in Jedi Knight II. Or he gets some trouble with Lumiya in FotJ, etc.

Mind, Desann is a former student, Luke normally goes light on those. And he's more dominant in force than he is in sabers (since, after all, there's a lot of static factors in sabers that don't go up with power. That and he has a conservative style).

quote:

ILS

Her saber work was roughly on par with Caedus's, so, yea.

She is a Solo with lotsa combat training.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 11:44 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Is no one else going to post their rankings?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 05:33 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I was gonna, but it gets way too complicated.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 06:22 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Q99
We don't have to agree on who's on it. It's fine if person A thinks character Y is on Grand Master tier while person B thinks they're on High Council.

Arguing about who is where is part of the fun!

I like having tiers for the purpose of mentioning "I think X is this tier, and here's why," to give people a better idea of how I picture characters.

I think the idea is to create a tier listing similar to the comic vs forum and, as a forum, put the characters all on that list. The problem is our opinions are far too varied to create one. Sure, each person can create their own, but one representing the forum would be virtually impossible.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 06:25 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Well, a couple years ago SWF did something similar--Basically each person made a top 15 list and posted it on a thread. Then each character mentioned would be counted up in points determined by where they were ranked on each person's list.

#1 = 15 points
#2 = 14 points
#3 = 13 points
(So on so forth)
#14 = 2 points
#15 = 1 point

So basically if, say, four people made a list--One ranked Mace Windu as first, another as third, and two more as second--He'd have 56 points. This would be done for every character, and they would be put in an all-encompasing rank--Those with the most points to those with the least.

That seemed like an interesting way to go about things.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 06:37 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote