KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » PS4 - Recommendations

PS4 - Recommendations
Started by: Scoobless

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

Some of the new games have breath taking graphics who the phuck wants to play 2d game nowdays?

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2014 05:41 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
Some of the new games have breath taking graphics who the phuck wants to play 2d game nowdays?
Original Silent Hill trilogy

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Nov 11th, 2014 06:07 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Braid.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2014 06:26 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I like 2D games, but there is such thing as beating a dead horse.

Specially when those genres have literal years of old gems you can get rather cheap.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 11th, 2014 06:55 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

People with taste.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2014 07:52 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Yeah I bet everybody is cheering that like 80% of the ps4 exclusive games are 2d games with graphics a ps2 could handle.

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2014 08:00 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Because most games now have to be some overglorified AAA budget titles or they're garbage, mirite?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2014 08:18 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Because most games now have to be some overglorified AAA budget titles or they're garbage, mirite?

They should make quality games not generic crap with the power of next gen.
In gameplay and graphics as well.
Im not pissed because we get 2d games Im pissed because we get them as exclusives and loads of them while we could get great stuff like Infamous.
We had like 6-7 ps4 only 2d games just this year.
Everyone likes to go retro but dont tell me with the power of ps4 you wanna play these....

If I wanted to play 2d games I would buy a phuckin gameboy.

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Nov 11th, 2014 at 08:44 PM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2014 08:40 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I guess it goes to show you how much MS ****ed their reveal of the Xbox One. Going by the history of consoles, MS should in theory by on top of Sony based on the exclusives they have right now.

Oh well. I'm getting a PS4 in the Spring so I can play baseball but I'm enjoying the **** out of my Xbox One and Sunset Overdrive.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2014 08:44 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

They should make quality games not generic crap with the power of next gen.
In gameplay and graphics as well.
Im not pissed because we get 2d games Im pissed because we get them as exclusives and loads of them while we could get great stuff like Infamous.
We had like 6-7 ps4 only 2d games just this year.
Everyone likes to go retro but dont tell me with the power of ps4 you wanna play these....

If I wanted to play 2d games I would buy a phuckin gameboy.

They picked those games because no actual PS4 developped games were ready for launch. You can easily adapt 2D games in different systems, even as an afterthought, so you can pay for exclusiveness late in development. It makes sense in a "better have some exclusives than no exclusives at all".

This is exactly what happened to Wii U at launch, you have a game drought the first year of so, then the second year has some games and the third year you actually get next gen content for your troubles. I fully expect PS4 to put out quality games earlier than Wii U though, more development teams used to working on HD and more people overall has to be an advantage.

In the meantime, Ubisoft will pump halfcooked games on PS4 as if their lives depended on it thumb up

Old Post Nov 11th, 2014 09:45 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

You mean Ubisoft will pump halfcooked games for all systems?

And seriously, it might be slightly annoying to have a game less than 1080p but it's not a ****ing big deal. Tell that to people who have Call of Duty for the PS4 where it ****ing stutters while the Xbox One is silky smooth....gotta have the 1080p!

Old Post Nov 11th, 2014 09:47 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Where did these resolution freaks even come from anyway? Did nobody play a game system on their standard TV while growing up?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2014 02:13 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Personally I think it's people way of giving reason to buy a new console. Every other console generation had a huge leap forward in terms of graphics and functionality.

From the 8 bit to 16 bit and then 3D. Then the leap from PS2/GC/Xbox to last gen was a massive step forward.

This generation is not that same leap. Games will look really, really good but it's going to more subtle.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2014 04:41 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Smasandian
You mean Ubisoft will pump halfcooked games for all systems?

Pretty much, until they actually spend some time with the console, they are quite happy with providing filler games during the game drought.

All that while publishing Just Dance a dozen of times as a Wii U exclusive Happy Dance

Old Post Nov 12th, 2014 06:43 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by Bentley
They picked those games because no actual PS4 developped games were ready for launch. You can easily adapt 2D games in different systems, even as an afterthought, so you can pay for exclusiveness late in development. It makes sense in a "better have some exclusives than no exclusives at all".

This is exactly what happened to Wii U at launch, you have a game drought the first year of so, then the second year has some games and the third year you actually get next gen content for your troubles. I fully expect PS4 to put out quality games earlier than Wii U though, more development teams used to working on HD and more people overall has to be an advantage.

In the meantime, Ubisoft will pump halfcooked games on PS4 as if their lives depended on it thumb up

Makes sense.....
Still Id rather have some cool next gen stuff.
Guess Ill just wait it out cant do much about it.

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2014 08:06 AM