KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

tl;dr Shin is assmad about what happened to Thor and projecting it to other franchises. Just ignore him.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 02:55 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Nah I want a female Link

Howdy!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 03:02 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

If people want to play a woman in a Zelda game so bad, Nintendo should make one centered around, y'know, the game's flippin namesake? When will we ever get a game where the princess is the one traveling and Link is the one who gets captured?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 03:33 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
If people want to play a woman in a Zelda game so bad, Nintendo should make one centered around, y'know, the game's flippin namesake? When will we ever get a game where the princess is the one traveling and Link is the one who gets captured?
That'd be the one where the lore breaks and SJW's get to have their party on the burnt remains of a once great franchise.

The entire point of Link's existence in the Zelda Cycle is to be the Hero. They even capitolise the word in game. It'd be one thing to make Link a woman and just not acknowledge it, that'd be fine, to do some outright nonsense like make Link not the hero would legitimately defy the lore.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 03:40 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Could always make a spin off exploring some other shit.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 03:43 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
That'd be the one where the lore breaks and SJW's get to have their party on the burnt remains of a once great franchise.

The entire point of Link's existence in the Zelda Cycle is to be the Hero. They even capitolise the word in game. It'd be one thing to make Link a woman and just not acknowledge it, that'd be fine, to do some outright nonsense like make Link not the hero would legitimately defy the lore.

Okay then. If Link can't get captured, the game can still focus on Zelda protecting her kingdom from other threats before the arrival of Ganon's next reincarnation and Link leaves his home village. That would be alright wouldn't it?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 04:00 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Okay then. If Link can't get captured, the game can still focus on Zelda protecting her kingdom from other threats before the arrival of Ganon's next reincarnation and Link leaves his home village. That would be alright wouldn't it?
hey, sure, that'd be fine, or even just Zelda doing something against a non-cycle-related-evil.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 05:14 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

They even capitolise the word in game. It'd be one thing to make Link a woman and just not acknowledge it, that'd be fine, to do some outright nonsense like make Link not the hero would legitimately defy the lore.

I'm all behind redefining the lore to expand it. Variants in Link are fine since he's a timeless hero anyways. We have had Zelda games where Zelda isn't even present and there is no Triforce, and they've been good, so I don't see why it would be a problem to try other variations.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 05:43 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Thor 1 is... A mess. It was physically painful to read, anvilicious, redundant, and it shat all over Thor himself, as well as Odin, to make Girl!Thor's picking up the hammer more significant. Because girls can be heroes too. Did you know that? Because apparently all of the female super heroes that already exist don't count, it only matters when they dethrone an existing male superhero. If you want Female Link, play Metroid.

Shor>Thor

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 02:52 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

In a way, we do kind of already got a game where you play as a female Link.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Dec 16th, 2014 at 03:10 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 02:57 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Because the last thing we need is quality games making needless concessions to destructive SJW's.

Link's gender has never been important to the plot in any game, if they make him a woman after thirty years, it will probably be played as significant to the detriment of the plot, and thus the game as a whole. I was okay with the idea of female Link so long as it was never addressed as significant until what happened to Thor.

I love Nintendo but I'm not sure even they could cater to the SJWs in a way that wouldn't leave a foul taste in my mouth.

In short, **** people who think Link's gender matters at all. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ironically, including myself, as a result of seeing what this sort of transformation can do to a franchise!

Making Link a female would be destructive?

I think it would literally be the equivalent of "Oh cool, Link's a girl in this one." That'd be the extent. If it doesn't make a difference what the gender is, why does it make a difference if the gender is changed?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 03:16 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Bought a WiiU, ready for this.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 06:04 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Quincy
Making Link a female would be destructive?

I think it would literally be the equivalent of "Oh cool, Link's a girl in this one." That'd be the extent. If it doesn't make a difference what the gender is, why does it make a difference if the gender is changed?
No, the typical types of people who campaign for a female Link are destructive.

If that could be the end of it, and it was not done to appease those sorts of people, I'd be fine with it, but we don't live in a world where I trust that to happen. People who don't like what I like need to stop changing what I like so that they can like it at my expense.

Originally posted by Scythe
Bought a WiiU, ready for this.

Welcome, brother.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 06:26 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I still say instead we should get a gay Link and him and Ganon used to bang.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 06:40 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Welcome, brother.

Have always bought a new console or handheld stictly for the zelda franchise and I haven't been disappointed yet. What's the release date so far for this game?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 10:03 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

No, the typical types of people who campaign for a female Link are destructive.

If that could be the end of it, and it was not done to appease those sorts of people, I'd be fine with it, but we don't live in a world where I trust that to happen. People who don't like what I like need to stop changing what I like so that they can like it at my expense.
Notice the lack of substantiation in Shin's claims.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 10:42 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Scythe
Have always bought a new console or handheld stictly for the zelda franchise and I haven't been disappointed yet. What's the release date so far for this game?

Sometime in 2015, I'm betting near the end of the year, because Nintendo works on these things for a long time, but we'll see.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Notice the lack of substantiation in Shin's claims.

Your trolling is cute when it's not about anything important. Now is not the time.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 02:05 AM
Quincy
Debaser

So would you like it less if Link was a girl?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 02:12 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Quincy
So would you like it less if Link was a girl?
I like Metroid games just fine.

Are you actually reading my posts, because this is the second reply to me that's contained a question answered in the post to which you are replying.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 02:19 AM
NemeBro

Your trolling is cute when it's not about anything important. Now is not the time.
You haven't substantiated any of your claims though.

Really, I just want you to stop being such a whiner about it. You weren't nearly so opposed to the idea until someone decided to wreck Thor.

Which was something that no one, not even feminists, asked to be done, as far as I know. Some might have jumped on the bandwagon when it already became a thing, but did feminists force it onto Marvel?

Last edited by NemeBro on Dec 20th, 2014 at 02:44 AM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 02:32 AM