KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Well, BotW barely had a plot so losing to OoT in that regard isn't surprising. TWW still has the best plot of all the Zelda games IMO.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 06:59 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I finally started playing this a few days ago and my god, it is amazing. Holy shit, I may have to force another game out of my top 5 to fit this one in. The only game since PS3 gen to accomplish that is Bloodborne.

I really don't get how they did it. It should be the typical boring open world fare I've gone through time and time again, but this is in another league. Everything just comes together so well. Not even Red Dead is tearing me away from this.

The nostalgia is off the charts too. Zelda was the first game I ever played when I was a kid, so them making an entry that's going to end up one of my all time favorites is all kinds of win. Man.
Half a year later and I'm finally done. Almost 100%ed the game (only DLC I didn't finish was master sword trials because it's BS, and the korok seeds because it's also bs; otherwise all shrines, memories, and quests are done). Unfortunately the Switch doesn't keep an accurate count of how many hours you have in a game (it caps at 100 which I hit). I want to say I'm somewhere around 150-180 hrs but I don't know for sure.

Anyway, phenomenal game. Can't wait to see what they do next. I can't remember the last time I 100%ed an open world game. Definitely not this gen. The only game I did everything for this gen is Bloodborne, though that took a quarter of the time this game did.

PWNT

Old Post May 15th, 2019 05:44 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Half a year later and I'm finally done. Almost 100%ed the game (only DLC I didn't finish was master sword trials because it's BS, and the korok seeds because it's also bs; otherwise all shrines, memories, and quests are done). Unfortunately the Switch doesn't keep an accurate count of how many hours you have in a game (it caps at 100 which I hit). I want to say I'm somewhere around 150-180 hrs but I don't know for sure.

Anyway, phenomenal game. Can't wait to see what they do next. I can't remember the last time I 100%ed an open world game. Definitely not this gen. The only game I did everything for this gen is Bloodborne, though that took a quarter of the time this game did.
It doesn't?

Switch counts 210 hours for me, lol.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 15th, 2019 06:00 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Jmanghan
It doesn't?

Switch counts 210 hours for me, lol.
Through your profile on the upper left? Or do you use some kind of app? I've been reading online that it caps at 100 for others too where I go for the count and I'd love something accurate

PWNT

Old Post May 15th, 2019 05:23 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Through your profile on the upper left? Or do you use some kind of app? I've been reading online that it caps at 100 for others too where I go for the count and I'd love something accurate
Through my profile on the upper left, yeah.

Skyrim also has 175 hours. Dunno where you read that. Might be country-specific or something, but I doubt it.

Old Post May 15th, 2019 11:33 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

I honestly can't get into the game.

It's too open world.

I've put over 20 hours in and I'm not feeling it.

Looks great though.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2021 12:53 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I played this for four days and I dropped it.

It may be called “The Legend of Zelda”, but it’s just not.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 18th, 2021 04:36 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Klaw
I honestly can't get into the game.

It's too open world.

I've put over 20 hours in and I'm not feeling it.

Looks great though.
That's exactly why I loved it so much.

This is the biggest Hyrule has ever been and there's so much to see and do, so many shrines to finish. The fairy fountains, the easter eggs, korok seeds, it's very much a "make your own fun" kinda game and I'm happy that it is that way.

Combat is also the most complex and challenging it's ever been. It's not Dark Souls level by any means but at least you aren't just waiting for whatever enemy to lower their guard like other Zelda games.

As much as I love Ocarina of Time, this is by far my favorite Zelda game, the only way they could top it, in my eyes, is maybe if they made a Zelda Maker, where you can create your own dungeons kinda like this:

Would it be difficult? Yes. Would it make Nintendo an exorbitant amount of money? Still yes.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2021 03:04 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Best game in the series imo. People often complained about the lack of traditional dungeons but to me that’s fine when the overworld itself was given the same depth and attention to detail that dungeons usually has.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2021 03:29 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I mean the shrines were meant to satiate those dungeon-lover's appetites though, they were these fine little bite-sized dungeons, and I rarely had a bad time doing them, tbh.

Though the DLC was underwhelming, especially those ****ing Master Trials. I paid for the expansion pass and just got "hey, here's some really hard stuff", when all I wanted was more content that could be enjoyed by hardcore players and casuals alike.

To this day I haven't finished either DLC, because what they ask of you is very unreasonable considering how much it costs and what you expect of it.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2021 05:18 AM