KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Aquaman(2018)

Aquaman(2018)
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 8 9 [10]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
I keep forgetting people don't actually give Aquaman the benefit of the doubt. Shame on me.
laughing Well, like I said; it COULD be a good movie. We'll have to wait and see. But it doesn't help when you cast Jason Mamoa in the role of a character that's been portrayed as White most of his career.

A) I'm all for diversity in comics, just not at the expense of established characters (I.E. Human Torch)

B) Again, Mamoa really hasn't been good in much of anything excluding GoT. This compounds the casting choice even more. If Mamoa was a great actor, this issue wouldn't be as controversial.

As far as giving it a fair shake? As I said this movie is just as likely to be good as it is a trainwreck; time will tell.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 04:15 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
If they could make Ant man bearable. I am sure Aquamamoa should be no problem

Different studios, man...

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 07:52 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah We're dealing with WB's here, Still i'm interested in seeing what James Wan does with it.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 10:43 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Will Mera be in the movie?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 10:56 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

she better be ...

as I hope they cast a good actress

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 11:39 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
laughing Well, like I said; it COULD be a good movie. We'll have to wait and see. But it doesn't help when you cast Jason Mamoa in the role of a character that's been portrayed as White most of his career.

A) I'm all for diversity in comics, just not at the expense of established characters (I.E. Human Torch)

B) Again, Mamoa really hasn't been good in much of anything excluding GoT. This compounds the casting choice even more. If Mamoa was a great actor, this issue wouldn't be as controversial.

As far as giving it a fair shake? As I said this movie is just as likely to be good as it is a trainwreck; time will tell.

If they make it not Arthur Curry, it'll be fine. If it is Arthur Curry, I will be disappoint.

Rumour says yes, and that they want someone "diverse" too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 02:30 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

If they make it not Arthur Curry, it'll be fine. If it is Arthur Curry, I will be disappoint.

Rumour says yes, and that they want someone "diverse" too.

Sofia Vergara will get cast then stick out tongue big grin

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 03:20 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Sofia Vergara will get cast then stick out tongue big grin

Honestly, why not at this point.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 03:36 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You keep saying that.

Deep in your heart you know it'll be Arthur, though.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 12:57 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Honestly, why not at this point.

I just hope someone who can act is actually cast

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 08:22 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

What do you guys think of the action figure of Aquaman from the Batman v Superman toyline?

I think it looks pretty good for a live action adaptaion.

(please log in to view the image)

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 10:13 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Is it just me or did they make him look "whiter" than he is lol. Anyway, it doesn't look bad.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 6th, 2015 04:06 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You keep saying that.

Deep in your heart you know it'll be Arthur, though.

I know... I just keep holding out some slim hope, I guess.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 6th, 2015 04:09 AM
Senor Cage

I like that look. I don't know why they make Mamoa look light skinned, though.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2015 05:52 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hype as f*ck for this now.

Tons of spoilers in this link-- but YES this sounds AMAZING.

http://collider.com/aquaman-movie-d...#seven-kingdoms

"The idea was to turn on its head the idea of Aquaman riding a seahorse, take something for which he was mocked and turn it into something terrifying and impressive," says Producer Peter Safran

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 07:37 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote