KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Ending Damnation

Ending Damnation
Started by: Oneness

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
Broken heart?
There's no romance out there, for most of us there's only compromise and death. Romance is an illusory cascade of circumstances in which God does not seem to want to supply to everyone.

I'm having to model at a caliber of making a living at this point just to get girls to dance on me when I get out.

She was taken though.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Last edited by KillaKassara on Dec 19th, 2014 at 07:53 AM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 07:45 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

And she was drunk, BoT

Originally posted by Stoic
Are you on drugs? Take your head of of the clouds, and think about what something like that would cost. The US government gave a rough figure of how much a single person is worth, and it was roughly 1 million dollars. Do you have any idea how much something like what you suggest would cost? What about the risks of it not working? What corporate entity would fund something of this scope?

As if the society we live in weren't already empiracally demonstrated to be obsolete: a scientific fact I'm afraid. This issue is building autonomous cities where nothing costs more than a few cents, not even homes.

I'm thinking the pending doom of Strong AI would prompt us to demolish and rebuild anew.

Of course you wouldn't implant artificial neurons if they don't work or kill their host.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 07:49 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you on drugs?
In my life I've done two.

The two popular common ones, not like Peyote and Heroine (which I hope to somehow get my hands on through my divine influence and try once in my lifetime), I think you can guess.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 08:36 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Oneness
I'm having to model at a caliber of making a living at this point just to get girls to dance on me when I get out.

She was taken though.
A broken heart hurts like hell, but like a broken arm, it heals. That's what living things do. And afterwards, you will be stronger and wiser for it.

Don't overplay the maudlin card.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 12:02 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

And she was drunk, BoT

As if the society we live in weren't already empiracally demonstrated to be obsolete: a scientific fact I'm afraid. This issue is building autonomous cities where nothing costs more than a few cents, not even homes.

I'm thinking the pending doom of Strong AI would prompt us to demolish and rebuild anew.

Of course you wouldn't implant artificial neurons if they don't work or kill their host.

The religious institutions would not allow such a thing to come to pass. If it even worked, what would be left of the original person? What about biological rejection? Are you suggesting that nanites would be incorporated into a human body? The body would see the artificial mini bots as a disease, and attempt to destroy them wouldn't it? This isn't like a sci fi movie, or a comic book where someone decided that they're going to graft super powers onto themselves with no consequences. Since you placed this in the religious section and not the general discussion section, you must have realized that the church would never go for it. Research costs money, and although you believe that you've covered that minor obstacle by saying that houses, and other very expensive items cost a penny, I can assure you that something of this scope would cost trillions or more.

What happens when you crash your car, and it is damaged beyond what it is worth? Let me tell you. The insurance company will give you another car, and scrap the old one. This is the same thing that would happen here.

As I said in my other post, the US government placed a price on a human life, and it was given roughly one million dollars. What you suggest would cost far more than this, and as such would not be cost efficient. If something like what you say could work, it would likely happen over a long period of time, and we would probably never see the final product in our life time.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 05:46 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

The religious institutions would not allow such a thing to come to pass. If it even worked, what would be left of the original person? What about biological rejection? Are you suggesting that nanites would be incorporated into a human body? The body would see the artificial mini bots as a disease, and attempt to destroy them wouldn't it? This isn't like a sci fi movie, or a comic book where someone decided that they're going to graft super powers onto themselves with no consequences. Since you placed this in the religious section and not the general discussion section, you must have realized that the church would never go for it. Research costs money, and although you believe that you've covered that minor obstacle by saying that houses, and other very expensive items cost a penny, I can assure you that something of this scope would cost trillions or more.

What happens when you crash your car, and it is damaged beyond what it is worth? Let me tell you. The insurance company will give you another car, and scrap the old one. This is the same thing that would happen here.

As I said in my other post, the US government placed a price on a human life, and it was given roughly one million dollars. What you suggest would cost far more than this, and as such would not be cost efficient. If something like what you say could work, it would likely happen over a long period of time, and we would probably never see the final product in our life time.

Ya, he never deals with the "what if it doesn't work" point. I don't think it will ever work, and if it did, it would be the wrong thing to do.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 02:54 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

A broken heart hurts like hell, but like a broken arm, it heals. That's what living things do. And afterwards, you will be stronger and wiser for it.

Don't overplay the maudlin card.
No, I'm not like you.

I have a manic condition, separation anxiety culminated with obsession. I'm under close-watch, my privacy has been compromised for this obsession, and at any moment I could go from control to uncontrolled.

Do you understand? If I could just have what I want...

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 03:02 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

... If I could just have what I want...

So say we all...

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 03:07 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

The religious institutions would not allow such a thing to come to pass. If it even worked, what would be left of the original person? What about biological rejection? Are you suggesting that nanites would be incorporated into a human body? The body would see the artificial mini bots as a disease, and attempt to destroy them wouldn't it?

Not necessarily.

quote:
This isn't like a sci fi movie, or a comic book where someone decided that they're going to graft super powers onto themselves with no consequences.

You don't know what you're talking about, where are your credentials to stack up against those of Ray Kurzweil's?

quote:
Since you placed this in the religious section and not the general discussion section, you must have realized that the church would never go for it. Research costs money, and although you believe that you've covered that minor obstacle by saying that houses, and other very expensive items cost a penny, I can assure you that something of this scope would cost trillions or more.
More pennies?

Doubtful, we're talking about an infrastructure up to date with modern technological and scientific capacity, not at all like the fossil we live in.

quote:

Village Construction Set is scientific, it was an experiment, it was tried and tested.

Do you know how cheap mass production was in WWII when the US was pushed to produce fighters at low cost?? It was unmatched production even in today's world.

You're beyond your depth in this subject. The wastefulness and inefficiency of this society is my specialty. We waste everything just to maintain a beyond dead status-quo because we don't know anything else. Or, we're not conscious of the possibilities we have. Nothing is forcing us to explore them.

We are beginning to give computers singularity power, the power to procreate through introspective redesign. If a computer has greater intellectual and cognitive resources, which they are beginning to in an increasing number of ways, it will be able to make itself better at a quicker rate than our engineers can make it better. When that happens we lose control and will have to improve our minds to remain relevant, and to do that we need a civilization that uses everything available. Sorry money and inequality, you're gone when that happens, when we're forced to take an introspective look at the systems we're maintaining, and finally decide to abandon them, demolish them, for a more efficient infrastructure.

It's already all over, it just hasn't happened yet.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 03:12 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

I

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 03:12 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am the foremost authority on your future, and I say **** yo cash nigga.

We all need the bread without the bullshit. Soon, we will all get a piece for free.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 03:13 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Ya, he never deals with the "what if it doesn't work" point. I don't think it will ever work, and if it did, it would be the wrong thing to do.
A) we don't have neuron-sized mechanical structures

B ) neurons fire off through chemical reactions, technologically electronics don't work that way, but nano-electronics=/=electronics

C) Everything is possible, and if it's possible there eventually will be a form of nano-technology capable of replacing every function of the human body down to the molecule, at an exponential level of superiority when culminated - in fact, there won't need to be other organs once the mind gets cybernated, because then it doesn't need any structure but a circuit board and the cybernetic mind can go from nanite to circuit board, then its in everything on earth, all the technology at once.

Last edited by KillaKassara on Dec 20th, 2014 at 03:20 AM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 03:18 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

A) we don't have neuron-sized mechanical structures

B ) neurons fire off through chemical reactions, technologically electronics don't work that way, but nano-electronics=/=electronics

C) Everything is possible, and if it's possible there eventually will be a form of nano-technology capable of replacing every function of the human body down to the molecule, at an exponential level of superiority when culminated - in fact, there won't need to be other organs once the mind gets cybernated, because then it doesn't need any structure but a circuit board and the cybernetic mind can go from nanite to circuit board, then its in everything on earth, all the technology at once.

Even if something is possible, it isn't always the right thing to do.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 03:27 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Honestly, the femtotechnology I described earlier is even more far-fetched. None of this is more far-fetched than creating enough dark matter to warp space for the only possible FTL space-craft. Technically, FTL space travel is far less feasible than immortality.

Our existence may be providential. Isn't merit of the afterlife in religion something to be considered?

The only thing that fits with what religions describe as the afterlife, the continuation of the soul after physical destruction, would be this artificial neuron conversion in a very scientific, astrophysical way.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 03:29 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Even if something is possible, it isn't always the right thing to do.
As beings birthed out of a survival setting, it is our purpose to survive as living souls by all means necessary. One transcendent man can replicate a wholly natural human existence in VR, and there'd be no difference from the real thing. So all that is really happening is we're adding to what we have in a completely natural way. If it weren't natural then it wouldn't be inevitable.

We'll see what happens, wink.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 03:38 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

As beings birthed out of a survival setting, it is our purpose to survive as living souls by all means necessary. One transcendent man can replicate a wholly natural human existence in VR, and there'd be no difference from the real thing. So all that is really happening is we're adding to what we have in a completely natural way. If it weren't natural then it wouldn't be inevitable.

We'll see what happens, wink.

You are assuming there is a soul. What if there wasn't a soul, and humans are only the sum of our parts. That would been that we would not continue, but a machine that thought is was us would. Sounds like a bad sy fy.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 03:43 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

You are assuming there is a soul. What if there wasn't a soul, and humans are only the sum of our parts. That would been that we would not continue, but a machine that thought is was us would.
That's all a guy is from day to day, a guy like me, here in his mold. The difference is I can't necessarily have satisfactory experiences, no matter what I do, regrets still threaten me, and I'm destructible. In fact, as a human in today's world, the only thing he has is the promise that he can be harmed, and I believe the only thing keeping me alive right now is the control I have, the control to end it where I want and how I want.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 03:54 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

In revelations the true nature of heaven and of hell was explained.

That everyone who is dead now and, and those of us who will die before the second coming, are merely in purgatory awaiting the judgement of a God.

God as us, us past femtotechnology, past this momentary cosmological state, when we can create a universe and step beyond it. Beyond the linear.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 04:46 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

No, I'm not like you.

I have a manic condition, separation anxiety culminated with obsession. I'm under close-watch, my privacy has been compromised for this obsession, and at any moment I could go from control to uncontrolled.

Do you understand? If I could just have what I want...

1. Do you have an official diagnosis?
2. Who evaluated you (ie, a psychiatrist, a psychologist), and how?
3. Taking meds?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 12:05 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Do you have an official diagnosis?
2. Who evaluated you (ie, a psychiatrist, a psychologist), and how?
3. Taking meds?
1. Yes
2. Don't see a shrink, but it was the psychiatrist
3. For what, if I wasn't separated I wouldn't have anxiety. If I'm obsessed, than that's natural and to subvert that is to subvert who I really am.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 01:32 PM