KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Battle of 5 Armies [Spoilers]

Battle of 5 Armies [Spoilers]
Started by: Angelalex242

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Angelalex242

Of course he is.

All Maia are 'servants' of their respective Valar.

Gandalf (in his Olorin incarnation) is the servant of Manwe, for example. Saruman was the servant of Aule (before he turned...) Radagast was a servant of Yvanna. And so on.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2014 06:18 AM
Angelalex242 is currently offline Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Bad ending of a mediocre trilogy. Alas...

I don't get why some people here like the Sauron 'fight". It was confusing as anything. What was going on? This felt as such a forced tie in with LOTR in such a way it didn't make any sense.

Why did Galadriel turn into a Dark Witch like she did in LOTR (which was a moment of temptation where she overcame that dark side)? Now her dark side is used to fight Sauron? And why the heck did we need the whole LOTR anyway when Galadriel could defeat Sauron herself? Weird weird weird and contradictive.... seems like Jackson, Boyens and Walsh were clueless in forcing this stupid incomprehensible scene.

And another thing they did with The Hobbit: they made the Uruk Hai of LOTR completely useless. Saruman created the Uruk Hai to bypass orc weaknesses: physical strength and the inability to walk in daylight. But what do we see in The Hobbit: thousands of big, muscular orcs that walk and fight in daylight!! WFT????

Old Post Dec 27th, 2014 10:45 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

They're not very well thought out movies. They're action packed (for Joe Blow), stuffed with references to the originals (for the J.J. Abrams Star Trek enthusiasts), and loaded with Tolkien lore (for the gullible nerds). This was a single movie stretched in to a trilogy, and all the filler that had to be injected was clumsily, often lazily shoehorned in for the sake of tricking the audience that there was any substance.

When Galadriel burst in to full on cartoon colors I laughed my ass off to keep the disappointment from overwhelming me.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2014 12:17 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I was embarrassed by that scene, completely and utter nonsense.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 03:19 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
I was embarrassed by that scene, completely and utter nonsense.

Scene? I was embarrassed by the whole trilogy.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 01:41 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote