KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect The Sentry

Respect The Sentry
Started by: Enzeru

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One_Angry_Scot
----

A good piece of art of the current Sentry.

(please log in to view the image)

I believe it is a reference to Superman: Unchained.

A couple more.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Apr 12th, 2015 at 04:09 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 03:57 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

^ Great pics, OAS. Looks-wise, Sentry has truly come into his own.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 05:15 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
^ Great pics, OAS. Looks-wise, Sentry has truly come into his own.

Definitely, it's just a shame nobody is putting him into any comics.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 05:23 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Definitely, it's just a shame nobody is putting him into any comics.
I'm hoping it's because they don't quite know yet what to do with him, and they don't want to overexpose him to the point where the awe and mystery are diluted. He may not be someone who can make regular appearances, but might be better handled with carefully selected storylines. It's a catch-22: we want more, yet familiarity may kill what makes him special (something like that).

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 05:34 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

I'm hoping it's because they don't quite know yet what to do with him, and they don't want to overexpose him to the point where the awe and mystery are diluted. He may not be someone who can make regular appearances, but might be better handled with carefully selected storylines. It's a catch-22: we want more, yet familiarity may kill what makes him special (something like that).

Yeah I mean it's just a shame you know. I could see multiple avenues for him to appear in but he's just not being implemented.

Here's to hoping he makes an appearance in the couple of issues of Uncanny Avengers or the Secret Wars event.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 05:38 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hope that we will see Bob again soon.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 06:44 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Secret Wars
That...could be a real good place to start.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 07:16 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

That...could be a real good place to start.

I am hoping if he arrived he'd be like a guardian of the areas that have humans in them. He'd be circling the planet making sure no human was in danger.

Obviously there are tons of other things for him to do but that's just one cool thing he could do during his time on Battleworld (if he even ends up in Secret Wars).

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 07:24 PM
Enzeru

I believe it is a reference to Superman: Unchained.

It's not a reference.

It's a manipulation of the original artwork - and in that case it's a rip. The guy, who made those, changes other peoples art and puts his own tag "by Jor-El" on the images, without giving credit to the original artists.

That's a big no-no. It's actual theft and the reason why I didn't want to post those images in this thread, even though I had considered it for a moment.

Edit: But then again, who am I to talk about theft considering this entire thread, which makes it so that you basically don't even have to buy Sentry comics anymore, since everything essential is already in here... #hypocrisy

Last edited by Enzeru on Apr 17th, 2015 at 11:18 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 11:14 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Enzeru
It's not a reference.

It's a manipulation of the original artwork - and in that case it's a rip. The guy, who made those, changes other peoples art and puts his own tag "by Jor-El" on the images, without giving credit to the original artists.

That's a big no-no. It's actual theft and the reason why I didn't want to post those images in this thread, even though I had considered it for a moment.

Edit: But then again, who am I to talk about theft considering this entire thread, which makes it so that you basically don't even have to buy Sentry comics anymore, since everything essential is already in here... #hypocrisy

Oh sure I know that, I saw the guys other work (on Deviant Art to be precise) and the other images were rips to images of Superman as well.

I used reference in the sense that it obviously isn't Superman: Unchained but you know what it is from by the stance and stuff. I could've used a different word instead but I didn't mean reference so far as to mean it was his own artwork. I mean you get it in a lot of variant covers nowadays. They copy an old front page of a comic from a couple of decades back and change a few things round etc. It's then referencing the previous artwork.

(although I don't think Jor-El intended to do that as much as he was just using it and changing it.)

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Apr 18th, 2015 at 12:54 AM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 12:46 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Also have you asked any questions lately relating to the Sentry to any of the various authors at all? I asked one about a week ago and got nothing. Brevoort's odd though, sometime he can be nice on his page and then sometimes he behaves in a rude manner.

Last edited by Badabing on Apr 18th, 2015 at 02:24 AM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 01:03 AM
Enzeru

Also have you asked any questions lately relating to the Sentry to any of the various authors at all? I asked one about a week ago and got nothing. Brevoort's odd though, sometime he can be nice on his page and then sometimes he behaves in a rude manner.

Tom Brevoort constantly has +13.000 questions waiting for him in the que, so there is one reason for him not answering some questions.
Then there are obvious questions for spoilers, questions he doesn't know the answers to, questions he is not interested in and straight up stupid questions, that are not worth being answered.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 09:46 AM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Here are most of the old Q & A's I had posted in the part, in a slightly different format to make it easier for myself. Some of it has already been covered in this thread, but I would like to think that these here offer even more insight:

SENTRY Q & A: What is Sentry's actual origin?
http://www.docdroid.net/zffc/what-i...origin.rtf.html

SENTRY Q & A: How did the molecule manipulation retcon affect the Sentry?
http://www.docdroid.net/zffa/how-di...sentry.rtf.html

SENTRY Q & A: Which persona of Robert Reynolds defeated the Molecule Man?
http://www.docdroid.net/zffe/which-...le-man.rtf.html

SENTRY Q & A: Is the Void more powerful than the Sentry?
http://www.docdroid.net/zffb/is-the...sentry.rtf.html

SENTRY Q & A: What's up with the Sentry in Uncanny Avengers?
http://www.docdroid.net/zffd/what03...engers.rtf.html

SENTRY Q& A: Does the Sentry have a rogue gallery?
http://www.docdroid.net/zff9/does-t...allery.rtf.html

SENTRY Q & A: Why is the Sentry capable of calming the Hulk down?
http://www.docdroid.net/zfff/why-is...k-down.rtf.html

Old Post May 5th, 2015 08:04 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Excellent smile

I'm surprised that you don't speak about the Bendis interview about the molecule manipulation.

Old Post May 5th, 2015 09:57 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Originally posted by RealityWarper

I'm surprised that you don't speak about the Bendis interview about the molecule manipulation.

I'm just trying to keep things simple.

This respect thread doesn't only cover up Sentry's feats, but also explains the character in great and hopefully understandable and accessible detail. Naturally I've already covered the reality warping / molecule manipulation aspect of the Sentry, but...
I personally choose to go with the molecule manipulation, since that can easily be shown to someone with the help of just one scan - the one, where the Sentry says, that everything he does is based on control over molecules. That's what he personally thinks of his powers as for now and what he thinks, seems to be(come) reality.

So why confusing other people with the actual reality warping origin and throwing 5 more scans at them and a bunch of writer statements in the process, when it doesn't really change anything? In both cases the Sentry can do whatever he wants anyway.

Old Post May 5th, 2015 11:33 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agreed.

Old Post May 5th, 2015 11:39 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

One month before Sentry's return guys. smile

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 04:42 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by RealityWarper
One month before Sentry's return guys. smile

You mean Civil War right?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 04:48 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes.

Francis Leinil Yu drew it.

I like his drawing style since his start in Wolverine.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 05:59 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ thumb up

He did the cover for Vengeance of the Moon Knight #2, which, imo, depicted Sentry brilliantly:

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 06:05 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote