KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FinalAnswer
Flower

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
The problem is that nobody wants to play as the hunted. Everybody wants to play as the hunter. Why? Probably because being the hunted is not as fun. This games seems to be an extreme example of having the Hunter being way overpowered. Why the **** would anybody want to play as the Counselors when Jason is so overpowered.

This game is basically an extremely exaggerated version of hide and go seek, and that's a perfectly fine game design, Dead by Daylight does the same thing and both the survivors and the killer are fun to play.

Howdy!

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 02:00 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I know and Friday the 13th does not seem to look like it does.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 08:18 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 01:56 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

This game has more bugs than the inside of an ant hill. I'm glad Af I played this at a friend's house first before buying it.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 11:56 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Guess it was rushed AF. Good to know.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 12:38 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm sure it'll be playable after all the bugs are fixed, Like alot of games these days.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 04:37 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Doesn't excuse releasing it in a messy state or worse... also like many games these days.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 07:56 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That's modern gaming for ya.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 07:58 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree games should not be released in the state this game is in.

But please....don't think previous generations were any different. We just don't remember the shitty games that had major issues because we only remember the great ones.

Bugs and shitty releases have been part of the industry since the Atari era.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 06:58 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Not denying that, but it seems like some devs are even more complacent or accepting of releasing games in broken states now since they can work on patching it later after they get their money first. :/

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 07:52 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Smasandian

Bugs and shitty releases have been part of the industry since the Atari era.

Except back then they released it as is, They never put out updates for those older games with the internet not being available back then.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 06:30 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Not denying that, but it seems like some devs are even more complacent or accepting of releasing games in broken states now since they can work on patching it later after they get their money first. :/

And they didn't do that before?

Games were less scrutinized back then so when a bug was found, it was dealt with and you played around it.

I do believe games should be released as bug free as possible but I don't believe that this is due to modern gaming and patching. I believe this is inherent to the video game industry since the late 70's because there will always be the same force that drives companies to release shitty games. Cost and timelines.

If ET was released today, it was would be massacred but in 6 months, issues would be mostly patched out. Back then, they ****ing buried the damn thing. And why was it released? Because money and the need to get it out before Christmas. The same factors on why games gets released today.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 12:08 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Fair enough. I don't think ET was one of the worst games ever though like it's made out to be, but it did suffer from having to be rushed out. Interesting documentary on it.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 06:38 PM
John Murdoch

Programming games is also FAR more complex these days, and thus the potential for bugs should be astronomically higher. As well as the press and consumers being able to point out such bugs for all the world to see in a matter of minutes thanks to social media, internet, YouTube, etc.

Saw a review for this: looks like it'd be cool for an hour, too many bugs, needs an in-depth single-player campaign where you play through the movies or something. All points hit above.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 10:52 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The devs want to apologize for the servers and will be giving everyone this stuff today for free.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 07:56 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seen people playing it today.. The game has been crashing

maybe them getting to roll out the new update.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 08:45 AM
Flyattractor

They finally made a game I want to Play again....Now I just need a computer that can do it....Crap.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 08:50 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Well once again....looks like Lawyers have Killed something FUN and Beloved.

Phuck Lawyers...and Victor Miller.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 03:13 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Flyattractor
They finally made a game I want to Play again....Now I just need a computer that can do it....Crap.

It is also on console

but i suppose it would look better PC.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 01:22 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Kazenji
It is also on console

but i suppose it would look better PC.

I dunno. Its one of those games that look like it was intended more for a console controller then a keyboard.

And it looks dang nice on the PS4 especially after the last update.....which is THE LAST Update.

DAMN YOU VICTOR MILLER!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 06:23 AM