KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Best Survival horror(s) you've played

Best Survival horror(s) you've played
Started by: Reflassshh

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

The suffering and the suffering ties that bind was really good

Attachment: image.jpg
This has been downloaded 64 time(s).

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 06:43 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rascaduanok
^ During my first time playing, I recall the initial couple of times I faced him he totally creamed me, so every time he appeared after that I fled, terrified.

I know what you mean. Then when you'd walk in to a room and he wouldn't be there, you'd give this huge sigh of relief.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 09:21 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Resident Evil 4, Silent Hill.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 7th, 2015 06:07 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Nemesis was awesome.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 7th, 2015 06:39 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I've never played Alan Wake, as I don't own an Xbox. I do have a Steam account, though.

IS it very thrilling?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 7th, 2015 05:37 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I believe so. There is some pretty intense parts and it's very similar to RE4 in regards to thrilling.

For example, when you are in the dark, bad guys attack you and the only way to defeat them is to shine your flashlight on them and shoot them once they lose their "darkness". They will chase you until you get to area where there is light. This could be like a camp fire or a light bulb. Occasionally, you have to start a generator and it's pretty damn intense when you know you are getting chased by 3-4 guys.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2015 07:19 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Alan Wake was cool

Old Post Apr 7th, 2015 09:03 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, it was.

It had something about that made it a lot of fun. It had character and it felt like the developers put everything into it. I enjoyed it a lot.

It controlled well, the enemies and the situations were creepy and if you enjoy atmosphere, this game has it by the bucketloads. The story was very interesting as well.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2015 10:44 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Smasandian
I believe so. There is some pretty intense parts and it's very similar to RE4 in regards to thrilling.

For example, when you are in the dark, bad guys attack you and the only way to defeat them is to shine your flashlight on them and shoot them once they lose their "darkness". They will chase you until you get to area where there is light. This could be like a camp fire or a light bulb. Occasionally, you have to start a generator and it's pretty damn intense when you know you are getting chased by 3-4 guys.
This. I remember limping helplessly away from a whole horde to the lamp post and barely making it in before getting murdered. My heart was in my throat in that game.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 04:55 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, it was.

It had something about that made it a lot of fun. It had character and it felt like the developers put everything into it. I enjoyed it a lot.

It controlled well, the enemies and the situations were creepy and if you enjoy atmosphere, this game has it by the bucketloads. The story was very interesting as well.
Agreed. I also like the serialized style of gameplay. The tv shows, little details here and there. Man I want more Alan Wake now.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 06:19 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Cold fear was pretty good.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 06:31 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

- Resident Evil HD Remaster
- Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
- Resident Evil (Original)
- Outlast
- Resident Evil 2
- Resident Evil 3
- Cold Fear

Their are some other great survival horror games as well. But I haven't played them all.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Apr 8th, 2015 at 06:40 AM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 06:37 AM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Spawningpool
The suffering

Never did finish the first one on the PS2, Only because my copy of the game freezes up when i get to part of the game with the lighthouse.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 07:29 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Originally posted by Kazenji
Never did finish the first one on the PS2, Only because my copy of the game freezes up when i get to part of the game with the lighthouse.

Probably one of the hardest parts of the game where you have to fight that security guard made of that poison

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 02:14 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Arachnid1
This. I remember limping helplessly away from a whole horde to the lamp post and barely making it in before getting murdered. My heart was in my throat in that game.

Yeah. That was terrifying. It also helps that the forest areas had some perpetual mist/fog hanging around and that the enemies had some great sounding voice work. And the howling sound that accompanied only added more shit to the freakiness.

I also enjoy that it had some pretty cool areas to go around and some set pieces were fantastic.

Zack, yeah, the serialized structure worked really well with the story.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 02:14 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Spawningpool
Probably one of the hardest parts of the game where you have to fight that security guard made of that poison

Be great if i saw that.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 11:53 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote