KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Daredevil (Netflix TV series)

Daredevil (Netflix TV series)
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ODG
What did you think of the second episode then, bro?

Apartment fight was hilarious, man was so tired and hurting, taking breaks between each scuffle.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 09:18 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ODG
What did you think of the second episode then, bro?
Yeah that 4 minute long fight scene was incredible. It was all a single shot.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 10:29 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

This has got to be the best comicbook to television production ever.

Mature, intelligent, gritty without falling over into parody/slit-your-wrists territory and brilliantly acted.

Fisk is obviously the outstanding character, but Matt, Foggy and Karen are well fleshed out and their actions and thoughts are given meaning and weight due to the combination of dialogue and acting.

The first season was always going to be a bit slow, so much background to provide, the need to introduce the characters but leave room for them to grow into their fully realised comic-book forms, etc, but still it managed to be very entertaining and retain its sense of maturity with the fantastical elements.

Can't wait for season two. Pity MAOS, which looks like it has a similar budget, doesn't have anywhere near the depth to its characters.

Still DD and MAOS are head and shoulders above cheesy tween-ish Flash and the slightly more adult Arrow.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 10:56 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

The Flash is just a different show. Its full on Sci-fi/comic nerd at this point and it does what its supposed to. Its a polar opposite to something like Daredevil.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 02:14 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Watching it now. Marvel is just kicking the absolute shit out of dc. It's kind of hilarious.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 03:11 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by janus77
Still DD and MAOS are head and shoulders above cheesy tween-ish Flash.

Daredevil is truly great but lol at this. Dark and gritty isn't what make a show great. The Flash is suppose to be the exact opposite of all that. If you don't like that then thats cool because different opinions and all but The Flash hits the mark wonderfully.

Honestly The Flash and Daredevil are my two favorite shows for sure!

Edit: Also I stopped watching MAOS around the Thor: The Dark World tie in....has it actually gotten better? I mean I thought it was alright for what it was but it wasn't enough to keep me interested really.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Last edited by BlackZero30x on Apr 13th, 2015 at 03:38 AM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 03:36 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Edit: Also I stopped watching MAOS around the Thor: The Dark World tie in....has it actually gotten better? I mean I thought it was alright for what it was but it wasn't enough to keep me interested really.

It's still not the greatest show, but it has massively improved since then.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 03:56 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by janus77
MAOS are head and shoulders above cheesy tween-ish Flash and the slightly more adult Arrow.

I highly disagree, though season 3 of Arrow isn't at it's best compared to the last two seasons. I have never been excited to watch the next episode of AOS as I have for Arrow and The Flash. AOS has made strides, though, but it still feels like MCU filler at the end of the day.

Now, onto Daredevil: This is what Marvel television should be! Smart, thrilling, suspenseful, well acted, action packed, and starring actual Marvel characters!

I hope the rumors of an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff aren't true. No need to waste more resources on D and F list characters with no prior establishment in the comics.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 04:03 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Daredevil is truly great but lol at this. Dark and gritty isn't what make a show great. The Flash is suppose to be the exact opposite of all that. If you don't like that then thats cool because different opinions and all but The Flash hits the mark wonderfully.

Honestly The Flash and Daredevil are my two favorite shows for sure!

Mine too. Both DD and Flash are apples and oranges. Flash is a hit, that's for sure.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 04:24 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

just three more eps left.. i love this show... the action is great.. the writing is pretty decent... i like Vince D'onofrio as FiskKingpin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 04:56 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

I figured it'd be good, but it was great!!!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 03:20 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

One of the best times I've had watching a tv show. thumb up

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 04:52 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Firefly218
Yeah that 4 minute long fight scene was incredible. It was all a single shot.

Reminded me of the hammer brawl in 2003's Oldboy, which was one continuous shot down a hallway and one guy versus dozens. Maybe it was a homage.

I think when I started reading Daredevil in the mid-1980's, this is how I imagined it would look in live action. Not like that movie misfire in 2003, which was trying to be a Spider Man imitation. This is the best work of Frank Miller, David Mazzuchelli, Bill Sienkiewicz, Brain Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev I'm seeing so far.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 04:26 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Just finished watching it (watched all 13 episodes in 3 days). Um....wow.

Easily, EASILY the best comic book to tv show I've ever watched. Arrow is pretty good, MAOS is alright, but this is Heads and shoulders better than anything else. I only wish there were more episodes to watch sad

Acting is terrific, plot and pacing are outstanding, and the fight scenes are maybe the best I've seen in the live action super hero medium (the hallway fight and battle with Nobu take the cake).

I cannot WAIT to see the other Marvel netflix shows now.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 06:20 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by roughrider
Reminded me of the hammer brawl in 2003's Oldboy, which was one continuous shot down a hallway and one guy versus dozens. Maybe it was a homage.

I think when I started reading Daredevil in the mid-1980's, this is how I imagined it would look in live action. Not like that movie misfire in 2003, which was trying to be a Spider Man imitation. This is the best work of Frank Miller, David Mazzuchelli, Bill Sienkiewicz, Brain Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev I'm seeing so far.

thumb up That's what they were going for

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Just finished watching it (watched all 13 episodes in 3 days). Um....wow.

Easily, EASILY the best comic book to tv show I've ever watched. Arrow is pretty good, MAOS is alright, but this is Heads and shoulders better than anything else. I only wish there were more episodes to watch sad

Acting is terrific, plot and pacing are outstanding, and the fight scenes are maybe the best I've seen in the live action super hero medium (the hallway fight and battle with Nobu take the cake).

I cannot WAIT to see the other Marvel netflix shows now.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 06:49 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

This show is making me go, phuck Jessica Jones(an odd sentence to say, because that's my sister's full name to the letter) give us more Daredevil.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 02:08 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

After watching the first six episodes, I've concluded that not only is it the best comics related show on TV, but one of the best comic related properties period. It's takes territory explored by Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy and goes further into the dark corners the movie can only glaze over; the advantage of the serial aspect of TV, getting to fill more air time with character development.

Just waiting to see how Matt arrives at the full red suit, now.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 02:38 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by roughrider
I've concluded that not only is it the best comics related show on TV, but one of the best comic related properties period.

I agree. It really exceeded my expectations. I got pissed when I finished watching the entire thing knowing there wasn't anymore.

By Stoic

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 12:29 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I'm halfway through, and have to watch for spoilers everywhere.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 06:42 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

DD dies in the season finale.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 06:54 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote