KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Nintendo expanding.

Nintendo expanding.
Started by: VG_Addict

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
I hope is has Link and Zelda.

Just because Link is mute in games does not mean he'd be Mute in real life. You have dialogue options in the Legend of Zelda games and you are clearly talking to people as they respond. It's just a trope of the games to not have Link talk. Not necessarily a gimmick...more like a branding thing. That's just "Link." However, a very quiet and stoic Link that only talks when absolutely necessary can still give us the "feel" of Link from the games.

But I do hope we do not get the "excUUUuuuse me, princess" Link. That would be terrible...it would make me lol but it would be "es terrible."

Fear not, Mon. I doubt Nintendo would allow such mistakes to be made again. (Though, ironically, I would probably prefer an anime to a live series.)

It's good to see that they're at least cautiously faithful giving secondary media another shot, and I feel like they picked the right generation for it. smile

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 01:58 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I'm pretty sure there was already a blurb about the series from netflix. And they already changed things up.

Like it's about "Link and Zelda's travels to save the princess."

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 02:05 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Who's the f**king princess if not Zelda? erm

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 02:35 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Ganondorf.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 03:02 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I hope it features Link from Philips CD-i.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 04:07 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Quincy
I'm pretty sure there was already a blurb about the series from netflix. And they already changed things up.

Like it's about "Link and Zelda's travels to save the princess."

Uhhhh...

What if they start a massive Nintendo-verse that has Link overlapping into the Mario-verse and the Princess is Princess Peach?

Super Mario RPG kind of had an approach like this. They made all the various "species" in the Mario-verse have their own kingdoms/lands.

Anyway, they could start a few series like this and have the combination-verse come together in Avengers-esque fashion.

I'm being mostly facetious. Mostly.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 04:43 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I just hope that the Mario movie that Sony wants to do is based in the amazing over the top plot of one of the Paper Mario games.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 04:59 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Uhhhh...

What if they start a massive Nintendo-verse that has Link overlapping into the Mario-verse and the Princess is Princess Peach?

Super Mario RPG kind of had an approach like this. They made all the various "species" in the Mario-verse have their own kingdoms/lands.

Anyway, they could start a few series like this and have the combination-verse come together in Avengers-esque fashion.

I'm being mostly facetious. Mostly.
Just no.

Getting way ahead of yourself, bro.

First they need to get Zelda right, and you can bet your ass fans will ***** no matter how good it is.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 07:03 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It would be interesting to see Hyrule and the Mushroom Kingdom as neighboring countries.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 08:30 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Hyrule spans two continents in the lore so that's unlikely to happen unless they change things significantly in the adaptation, lol.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 09:28 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Hyrule spans two continents in the lore so that's unlikely to happen unless they change things significantly in the adaptation, lol.

The earth has 7 continents so there is plenty of room for more lands. big grin

Also, if you eat too many peaches, you'll become incontinent.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 09:32 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Nemesis X
It would be interesting to see Hyrule and the Mushroom Kingdom as neighboring countries.
No.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 11:47 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Zack Fair
No.

Why?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 12:35 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Uhhhh...

The Legend of Mario
Super Zelda World

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 01:35 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Emblem Kong

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 02:29 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote