KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Game you regret buying.

Game you regret buying.
Started by: Spawningpool

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Super Smash Bros 3DS.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Dragon's Age Inquisition.

thumb up

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 06:12 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

'sup with DA: I?

I can understand Zack not liking it since it's lacking in 10-years old FPS mechanics, but not a fantasy-whore like you, Ares.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 08:00 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by ares834
Super Smash Bros 3DS.

Sounds legit, I'm glad I didn't buy that one.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 09:53 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

CoD Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2. They were enjoyable but the fact that every person playing was five killed it for me. I know that's the norm these days but for me, I game online once in a blue moon and when I do, they're all children. Gave those games away so fast.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 10:04 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I find Battlefield games on the PC much better in that regards.

But I did play Killzone Shadow Fall MP yesterday and enjoyed it but I had to mute everybody because these two Spanish guys were having a conversation.

That's something that would never happen on the PC. I guess it because you need to go out and buy a very good headset/microphone if you want to do that.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 01:57 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Dragon ball Xenoverse beta test.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 02:08 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Actually that was kinda fun, and being one out 20,000 others was pretty cool too.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 02:19 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

There was a massive askreddit thread that asked what the most disappointing game of all time was. Destiny was not mentioned (until I or someone else posted it and got lots of upvotes). I could not believe it.

Perhaps we are just being whiny bitches and Destiny was not as bad as we thought?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 02:45 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by dadudemon
There was a massive askreddit thread that asked what the most disappointing game of all time was. Destiny was not mentioned (until I or someone else posted it and got lots of upvotes). I could not believe it.

Perhaps we are just being whiny bitches and Destiny was not as bad as we thought?
This...i'm surprised by how much hate Destiny is getting....even if i heard it is a shitty game...

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 02:58 PM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by TheHulk
This...

I don't know you but I'll take my medicine like a man.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 02:59 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Rogue Warrior for X360.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 03:18 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

You are being whiny mad

stick out tongue

j/k I can see where people could find Destiny disappointing. I'm not one of them. I quite enjoy the game. I'm still playing it.

As to games I regret buying. I never buy too many games. I mostly borrow them. I did buy Dragon Age I and Destiny. And I've enjoyed both.

I think the last game I was disappointed playing after I bought it was a sonic game.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 04:20 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Newjak
You are being whiny mad

stick out tongue

Probably. I'll admit I am a b*tch about Destiny (how many people do you know created a list that is 30 points long, each point being at least 1 paragraph and some points being 5+ paragraphs) that outlined the shit they didn't like about the game? Not even writers at Kotaku had a list that in-depth.

Originally posted by Newjak
j/k I can see where people could find Destiny disappointing. I'm not one of them. I quite enjoy the game. I'm still playing it.

Honestly, if we played together, I'd probably enjoy the game much much more. We don't have the same consoles with the game and you probably play when I don't. Part of a game like Destiny is having friends on that you're used to, and playing when they do (this is true of many multiplayer FPS games).

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 04:28 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Probably. I'll admit I am a b*tch about Destiny (how many people do you know created a list that is 30 points long, each point being at least 1 paragraph and some points being 5+ paragraphs) that outlined the shit they didn't like about the game? Not even writers at Kotaku had a list that in-depth.

Honestly, if we played together, I'd probably enjoy the game much much more. We don't have the same consoles with the game and you probably play when I don't. Part of a game like Destiny is having friends on that you're used to, and playing when they do (this is true of many multiplayer FPS games).
My roommate, who still plays, would constantly nag about all the same points as you did and more.

I agree it is a great game to play with friends. At least is for me.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 05:31 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh man..this is a short list for me since I usually try to research a game before I buy it, but I have a few I regret, though none are new. First is WCW Mayhem for the N64. I was a huge wrestling fan at the time and bought it..it was terrible. Another game was Dragonball Z Sagas for Gamecube. Again, turned out to be terrible.

As I kid, I got the "Lemmings" game for SNES. Yeah, I regretted that too.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 06:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Tzeentch

I can understand Zack not liking it since it's lacking in 10-years old FPS mechanics, but not a fantasy-whore like you, Ares.

First, let me say I don’t hate the game. I just regret spending $60 on it (which I find to be true for many games). Anyway, I’ve got several problems with it and list a few here. I’m not a big fan of Dragon Age’s world. It’s fairly pedestrian for a fantasy world (although this is true of many fantasy games). I also wasn’t a big fan of the main campaign. Admittedly, I didn’t finish it but I did pour a large amount of hours into it and it was very similar to Oblivion’s. It does have some great characters though.

I also hate the combat. It tries to be both an action game and a “turn based” RPG but, as far as I’m concerned, fails at both.

Finally, my biggest problem with the game is it play like a single-player MMO. To advance the plot and open new areas you are forced to do a shit ton of side-quests and to level up. Now I’m fine doing side-quests when I want, but when the game “forces” me to do them I absolutely hate it. This is especially true in a plot driven game like this. When the plot kicks into high gear, I often want to keep doing story quests but am unable to as I’m forced to unlock a new area first which ultimately kills all the plot’s momentum.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 06:54 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Tzeentch

Shut up scrub.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 07:14 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I have it on Xbone. Barely play it because everyone I play with is on PS though.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 07:16 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

With me, it's more "which games I don't regret buying" because about 70-80% of the games I've bought for PS3 I've either become frustrated or bored with. I finally learned that if the game isn't turn-based then I probably won't like it and shouldn't waste my money. Too bad there's not a huge selection of turn-based games for PS3 but the few ones that I have are all quite addictive and I don't see myself getting tired of them for a very long time. I've been playing XCOM since Oct of 2012 and still haven't gotten bored with it.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 08:02 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Felt it was solid for an online co-op and multiplayer experience (mostly the former), but with playing offline one would be disappointed (unless they like the AI teammates).

Most DBZ games are just rehashes without that much change, but Battle of Z felt kinda fresh for me (in a good way, and the gameplay seemed easier to catch onto handling, even if it didn't have that much depth), and I liked how it made every fighter their own type (support/assist, interfere, ki blast, melee), making even some of the weakest characters more viable, in addition to them having more retry amounts than the stronger characters.

That was nice team balancing, but for multiplayer, they should've limited how many players can use someone like Broly, SSJ3 Goku, etc. on a team, as having teams of them in certain multiplayer modes is the most unbalanced thing ever, though I guess to be fair, when were DBZ games (at least by Namco) ever balanced? If someone uses like Yamcha against an equally skilled player whose using Kid Buu or something, you know what the result's gonna be.

I hoped it would be an updated Raging Blast/Budokai Tenkaichi. Played it for like 15 mins and just wasn't feeling the new style. Idk, maybe I should give it a chance

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 08:24 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote