KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Game you regret buying.

Game you regret buying.
Started by: Spawningpool

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Star428
With me, it's more "which games I don't regret buying" because about 70-80% of the games I've bought for PS3 I've either become frustrated or bored with. I finally learned that if the game isn't turn-based then I probably won't like it and shouldn't waste my money. Too bad there's not a huge selection of turn-based games for PS3 but the few ones that I have are all quite addictive and I don't see myself getting tired of them for a very long time. I've been playing XCOM since Oct of 2012 and still haven't gotten bored with it.

I love turn-based games myself so I get what you are saying.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 08:26 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Zack Fair
I have it on Xbone. Barely play it because everyone I play with is on PS though.

Yes, I know. sad

How dare you.

Originally posted by Bentley

Me too. Final Fantasy Tactics on Gameboy Advance...

Super Mario RPG...

So many hours sunk into those games.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 08:32 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley

In that case, I highly recommend you pick up XCOM: EU or XCOM: EW (latter is better, imo). It's the most fun I've ever had with any videogame in my entire life. Music, graphics, turn-based combat, etc... is all superb. It's looks and sounds so friggin' awesome on my big plasma HDTV and 5.1 surround speaker system.... Just make sure if u decide to get it that u get the disc version and not downloadable one as the latter one has serious issues with base defense mission. The multiplayer is lots of fun too.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Feb 12th, 2015 at 09:02 PM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 08:55 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by dadudemon
There was a massive askreddit thread that asked what the most disappointing game of all time was. Destiny was not mentioned (until I or someone else posted it and got lots of upvotes). I could not believe it.

Perhaps we are just being whiny bitches and Destiny was not as bad as we thought?

No, it's pretty bad.

Originally posted by ares834
a “turn based” RPG
How does it try to be a turn-based RPG?

Anyway, for a game I regret buying? Maybe Torchlight II. I only say "maybe" because I'm genuinely not sure if I'm the one who bought it for me, lol.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 09:19 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

The Raids are a lot of fun, and are quite challenging though.

Destiny gets a lot of hate, but it is not as bad as people will make you believe. It is also not as good as fanboys will say.

All in all it is a good game that could have been better and failed to meet people's expectations because of Bungie's lousy, and often shady, communication/marketing skills.

Execution and bad decisions were/are the game's biggest problem.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Feb 12th, 2015 at 09:31 PM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 09:29 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by NemeBro
How does it try to be a turn-based RPG?

Don't know the name of the combat system which is why I put it in quotes. But the Neverwinter/DA:O-esque combat system was what I was reffering to.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 09:53 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Might be going pretty far back, but Tales of Symphonia's sequel on the Wii, Dawn of the New World is among my most hated games of all time. The thing is, I pretty much knew I wouldn't enjoy it as much as the first one with all that I had read on it and its details, but nothing could prepare me for the horribly irritating, unlikable, and pretty poorly-playing lead characters, the asinine menu-based overworld, the cheap knock-off excuse for the series' combat system (nothing flows, there's no technical application to artes, and returning characters have that ridiculous level 50 limit), and any aspect of the game that could even remotely be considered a step forward (like full movement across the battlefield) was completely outweighed by the aforementioned problems and thensome, and that's not even getting into how shallow the gameplay was made in order to push its awful monster mechanic. I honestly pity anyone who had started the Tales series with this game and is cursed with lenience towards it. It doesn't deserve anything but the dust its collected.

Another would be The Last Story. In my opinion, definitely the weakest game of Operation Rainfall. I found its linearity to be mind-numbing for an RPG, the gameplay seemed unique on paper, but in execution things eventually just become a matter of the player sitting back while the AI's do all the work, and all the extra touches to the combat to help liven it up really just feel clunky. The theme was one of the most grating cliche's around, most characters I found annoying, and the game's length is lacking. Where this game was pretentious with its attempts at supposedly "reviving old tropes" considering it really just accentuated what people hate about the modern JRPG. It's basically the fisrt half of FFXIII.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 09:54 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I found Dragon's Age combat to be lame. Really really lame. Then again I find the combat of most of these games dull and robotic/unintituitive.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 09:56 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Then again I find the combat of most of these games dull and robotic/unintituitive.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 10:12 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Dem pixels

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 10:48 PM
NemeBro

Then again I find the combat of most of these games dull and robotic/unintituitive.
Then why do you like Destiny?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 12:31 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by juggerman
I hoped it would be an updated Raging Blast/Budokai Tenkaichi. Played it for like 15 mins and just wasn't feeling the new style. Idk, maybe I should give it a chance
The best version is the PS3 version cause Sage Goku. Oh, and SSJ Bardock was just a cash cow. But the game gets boring too fast. I mean, I guess adding custom soundtracks was something to spice it up a bit on PS3/PS Vita, but it just gets boring far too fast v.v

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 01:09 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by NemeBro
Then why do you like Destiny?
Because Destiny's gunplay/gameplay/battle mechanics are second to none and are actually a lot of fun and highly polished.

It's cool to hate everything Destiny, but the actual combat is damn near perfect and controls like a dream.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Feb 13th, 2015 at 01:23 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 01:09 AM
NemeBro

Because Destiny's gunplay/gameplay/battle mechanics are second to none and are actually a lot of fun and highly polished.

It's cool to hate everything Destiny, but the actual combat is damn near perfect and controls like a dream.
There is no reason to assume that.

They are amazingly adequate.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 01:24 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Assume what? Why I played Destiny? Well I was talking about combat lol. But yah.

I really need to get into Dragon's Age =\.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 01:38 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Have you played the other Dragon Age games? If not, you should. Playing them before Inquisition makes Inq better.

I'm kinda surprised you aren't liking Inq more than you do, since you like the ME games and there's a lot of similarities, particularly in character quality.

Maybe you should try playing another class or something.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 01:50 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by juggerman
I hoped it would be an updated Raging Blast/Budokai Tenkaichi. Played it for like 15 mins and just wasn't feeling the new style. Idk, maybe I should give it a chance

Maybe... What system do you have it for?

Did you try the demo out before you got the game? Should've done that to see whether or not it was the thing for you.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
The best version is the PS3 version cause Sage Goku. Oh, and SSJ Bardock was just a cash cow. But the game gets boring too fast. I mean, I guess adding custom soundtracks was something to spice it up a bit on PS3/PS Vita, but it just gets boring far too fast v.v

Only if you have no friends to play it with. It was built as a co-op game. And I got a Naruto related costume for Goku on the 360 version when I pre-ordered it.. You sure that's PS3 exclusive?

I loved SSJ Bardock. Super Vegito should've been a regular unlockable though like the rest.

Also, thumb up @ the mention of the Tales of Symphonia sequel on the Wii. **** that game.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 02:05 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by BackFire
Have you played the other Dragon Age games? If not, you should. Playing them before Inquisition makes Inq better.

I'm kinda surprised you aren't liking Inq more than you do, since you like the ME games and there's a lot of similarities, particularly in character quality.

Maybe you should try playing another class or something.
I'm surprised too. On paper it has lots of stuff I like in games. But I don't know why I can't get into it.

I'll have to try another class. This whole sneaking around and crap is not working for me.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 02:33 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

I could also choose Gothic 3 as a game that I regret buying.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 02:49 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'm surprised too. On paper it has lots of stuff I like in games. But I don't know why I can't get into it.

I'll have to try another class. This whole sneaking around and crap is not working for me.

I've played it twice, once as a warrior and once as a mage. Both were fun. Haven't tried rogue.

Like I said, definitely helps if you've played the other DA games. Makes the whole thing richer.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 03:03 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote