KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Is betraying Plagueis Sidious' downfall?

Is betraying Plagueis Sidious' downfall?
Started by: Sinious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
When Sidious died, the fleet got all derpy because his BM stopped taking effect.

I doubt the Death Star II would've been blown up if Sidious hadn't been thrown down that shaft by Vader.
Battle Meditation doesn't exist in the films.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 11:24 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Battle Meditation doesn't exist in the films.

So what? That is the in-universe explanation, even if it's from expanded universe material and not the films.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 11:28 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Emperordmb
So what?
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Seriously. If you look at it from a pure movie perspective,

thumb down

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 11:30 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

FAHK

Missed that. Sorry sad

Though Han and friends still had to deactivate the shield generator. That and Luke had plenty of time to escape the Death Star, which Sidious would've had if he were in fact still alive.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 11:34 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I'm going to go out on a limb and say trying to kill Vader's son in front of Vader is Sidious's downfall.

That and underestimating how the natives can turn the tide of battle when dealing with planetary shield generators.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 03:15 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Q99
I'm going to go out on a limb and say trying to kill Vader's son in front of Vader is Sidious's downfall.

That and underestimating how the natives can turn the tide of battle when dealing with planetary shield generators.

The natives didn't really turn the tide, it was Chewie and his stolen AT-ST that were doing so. The script, novel and even the movie to a certain extent tells that the Imperial force was winning and that Chewie taking ahold of the walker turned the battle around.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:36 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Zenwolf
The natives didn't really turn the tide, it was Chewie and his stolen AT-ST that were doing so. The script, novel and even the movie to a certain extent tells that the Imperial force was winning and that Chewie taking ahold of the walker turned the battle around.

Chewie wouldn't have had the opportunity to do that without the Ewoks, though. The Ewoks being a distraction and handling some stormies helped a lot.

And the Ewoks did kill two AT-STs and some speeder bikes.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 11:28 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Q99
Chewie wouldn't have had the opportunity to do that without the Ewoks, though. The Ewoks being a distraction and handling some stormies helped a lot.

And the Ewoks did kill two AT-STs and some speeder bikes.

This is true, but it's more of the Ewoks gave the Rebels the chance rather then them beating the Imperial force.

I swear the Battle of Endor is so exaggerated by people in saying the Imperial forces lost, when there were things going heavily against them in the first place.

Also true they did take out 2 AT-STs, but this was after the fact that Chewie hijacked 1 and destroyed another, this gave a morale boost to the Ewoks in redoubling their efforts. So the Stormtroopers lost vehicle support and then were getting mowed down by a stolen AT-ST.

It's just another one of those false ideas people have on Stormtroopers.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Mar 1st, 2015 at 12:10 AM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2015 12:02 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote