KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Spider-Man: Homecoming

Spider-Man: Homecoming
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (57): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So wait, we're actually getting a Marvel studios Spider-Man movie? Not just a cameo in Cap 3?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 10:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
So wait, we're actually getting a Marvel studios Spider-Man movie? Not just a cameo in Cap 3?

If that's new news to you...then you'd better sit down...he could possibly be black too.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 10:42 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Yes we are, dunno about him being black though that's news to me

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 10:47 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well technically it will still be a Sony movie which Co-Produced by Marvel. But by the sounds of all the reports Marvel has control over what Sony does with the character now.

As for Cameo in Cap 3, Marvel can use him as much as they like in their films as far as I'm aware.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 10:54 AM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 10:49 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
If that's new news to you...then you'd better sit down...he could possibly be black too.

Originally posted by steverules_2

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Well technically it will still be a Sony movie which Co-Produced by Marvel. But by the sounds of all the reports Marvel has control over what Sony does with the character now.

As for Cameo in Cap 3, Marvel can use him as much as they like in their films as far as I'm aware.

Oh okay. I had heard about it still being a Sony movie. I thought we were talking about an actual, honest to god, non-Sony movie.

I got my hopes up and all... sad

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 10:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh okay. I had heard about it still being a Sony movie. I thought we were talking about an actual, honest to god, non-Sony movie.

I got my hopes up and all... sad

Honestly this is the best way for Marvel. They don't have time to make Spider-Man movies on top of all the other movies they're doing. If they did the Spidey films themselves they would have to sacrifice other franchises for it.

But this way they can use Spidey as much as they want in their ensemble movies, and tell Sony what to do making the solo movies.

Won't be happy if this is true. I want Peter Parker to be in the MCU. Miles Morales can come later but Parker first for me please. Otherwise my excitement for this will suddenly drop if Parker is a casualty of Spider-Man's transfer to the MCU:

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/next-sp...1650967329.html

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/21/rum...be-peter-parke/

I'd say it's 50/50 the next Spidey being ethnic. But my personal hunch is they'll bring in Peter Parker for Civil War (still being White) but then transition to Miles Morales over the next couple of movies. Maybe even the first solo movie. Otherwise people would get confused with Civil War.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 11:45 AM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 11:42 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I honestly think that with so many properties winding down, Spidey could give them some much needed star power going in to later phases.

Honestly not sure I trust Sony, and I say this as someone who liked ASM2.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 11:45 AM
Darth Thor

I honestly think that with so many properties winding down, Spidey could give them some much needed star power going in to later phases.

I think if it gets to that stage they will try their best to get Spidey completely back off them. In fact this could be the first step of that process.

But at the moment all the Marvel studios franchises are doing really well at the box office, so they don't actually need to make the solo Spider-Man films themselves.

Also remember Marvel have the movie merchandising rights to the Spider-Man films. So they probably already make as much as Sony does with each Spider-Man solo outing.

Honestly not sure I trust Sony, and I say this as someone who liked ASM2.

Same.

But the reports are claiming it's Marvel calling the shots now which makes me very hopeful.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 12:08 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm presuming no one actually read this, Which Bruce posted in the other thread

http://www.movieweb.com/spider-man-...el-sony-control

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 12:26 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kazenji

I did, which is why I said this:

But the reports are claiming it's Marvel calling the shots now which makes me very hopeful.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 01:14 PM
steverules_2

Originally posted by Kazenji

I did, which is why I said this:

Also remember Marvel have the movie merchandising rights to the Spider-Man films. So they probably already make as much as Sony does with each Spider-Man solo outing.

Woops, Kaz is slipping

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 02:26 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Hope this is true. Drew Goddard would be a Great choice:

http://www.latino-review.com/news/e...rector-revealed

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 10:23 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hope this is true. Drew Goddard would be a Great choice:

http://www.latino-review.com/news/e...rector-revealed

Hell yes he'd be a good choice

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 10:31 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Woops, Kaz is slipping

Shut up tard, Go back to your duck fetish

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Kazenji on Mar 3rd, 2015 at 06:07 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 06:05 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

We all know your raptor fetish far exceeds any fetishes I may have, a duck fetish is not among these fetishes but I give you a 8/10 for effort wink

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 11:17 AM
Arachnid1

So I hear its going to be "The Spectacular Spideman"

It's a damn shame we wont be getting 'Amazing' anymore.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 11:24 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Yeah, Sony went and took the 'amazing spider-man' and bent over a barrel, no more now Marvel gets the final say on creative idea's and such

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 11:27 AM
SajElfann
Restricted

Account Restricted

Venom

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 09:41 PM
SajElfann is currently offline Click here to Send SajElfann a Private Message Find more posts by SajElfann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Not sure where IGN is getting their sources from but according them people want Freddie Highmore for the role.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 07:05 AM
steverules_2

He has the young look they're going for... erm Haven't seen him in anything so can't comment on his acting

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 08:21 AM