KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Spider-Man: Homecoming

Spider-Man: Homecoming
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (57): « First ... « 55 56 [57]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
But the best MCU film was GotG 2 for me.

confused

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 01:24 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Of this year, I meant.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 01:30 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Ah. Personally, I disliked the film and thought the others were far better but I can't begrudge you that.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 01:37 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

To much Tween Soap Opera Angst for me.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 04:22 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

One thing that perplexed me, the tech we see used by the villains in this movie is quite versatile and powerful and it is supposed to be Chitauri. Yet I don't recall the Chitauri using ANY of these things. All they had was like laser guns and those dragon things, right?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 10:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah, all Chitauri soldiers seemed to use the same standard blaster rifle, iirc... and they had those flying tapeworms accompanying them, correct.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 11:40 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Finally watched this.

The good:

Michael Keaton
Some decent character development

The bad:

Spiderman
weak story
Not enough Michael Keaton
felt very shoehorned in, but I guess that's not surprising given the situation. The MCU didn't need Spiderman. They clearly forced it in for the $$ and fan service.

The first two Raimi films are still vastly superior.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2019 01:06 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

The first two Raimi films are still vastly superior.

And the first Amazing Spider-Man tbh.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2019 01:58 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Most of the Marvel movies feel like decent standalone films. But this just felt like a desperate attempt to squeeze Spidey into the MCU without a decent story to justify the film. It was actually very shameless. It's actually surprising given Marvel's meticulous world and character building. It's out of character..

Maybe their hands are tied bc of the Spiderman rights?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2019 05:38 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Well Sony still had final say, and I think this film was a kind of Marvel/Sony joint venture.

Also you are right that they had to rush Spidey because of their deal with Sony. Spidey appeared in Civil War months after the signing of that deal, and Homecoming was only a year after.

Whereas Marvel fully own X-Men now but are not rushing anything with them.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2019 07:12 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
david196520

It is the best Spider-Man movie to the date, in a way it makes most of the previous ones seem like fan-films. The high school is perfect, the humor is spot on, and most of the characters are memorable. It even has some pretty good twists.

It’s thoughtful and full of nice easter eggs for the most hardcore fans, bringing up past events most of the audience probably would not remember by name (Triskelion, Lagos), but it fails at basic stuff like continuity. It acts as if the battle of New York took place 8 years before Civil War when it’s only been 4 years.

For some reason it acts as if Tony and Steve are still friends and the events of Civil War had no lasting effect on their relationship, which severely undermines that film. Why else would Tony still be working on new Captain America equipment? One could make an argument that he’s just getting ready for Infinity War and he knows they’ll need all the help they can get, but still, it could have been better explained.

Some people complained about the MJ “twist” but I’m indifferent to it. It’s not really the classical Mary Jane but if it ruins the experience for someone then they have bigger problems than disliking a name change.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 03:58 AM
david196520 is currently offline Click here to Send david196520 a Private Message Find more posts by david196520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Inhuman
Leaked Spiderman reboot cast list?

(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by ares834
The Scorpion and the Vulture... Eh....

Probably fake though.
Lol @ this in hindsight

The characters were all spot on (almost, it's missing Shocker; also there was no Harry Osborn) which means the leak was legit but they didn't stick with any of the first choices as far as actors/actresses.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 24th, 2021 09:56 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Billy Zane is a great actor/voice actor who doesn’t get enough roles.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2021 10:58 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Lol @ this in hindsight

The characters were all spot on (almost, it's missing Shocker; also there was no Harry Osborn) which means the leak was legit but they didn't stick with any of the first choices as far as actors/actresses.

lmao Nope. It's definitely fake. The characters weren't "spot on" and those they guessed were because they chose some of the biggest Spider-Man characters. You already noted there was no Scorpion (which the supposed "leak" claims was a major character) and Harry, but there also was no JJJ nor Robbie Robertson. And the other DB characters are played by adult actors rather than kids like they were in the film. Clearly this "leaker" anticipated a DB storyline which never happened. Also every non-confirmed actor was incorrect aside from RDJ and that was correctly guessing IM was in rather than being privy to the casting.

Last edited by ares834 on Apr 25th, 2021 at 07:47 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2021 07:40 PM