KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Poll: which is better? Clone wars 2003, clone wars 2008 or Star Wars rebels

Which is better? Clone wars 2008, 2003, or rebels
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The clone wars 2008 10 55.56%
The clone wars 2003 4 22.22%
Star Wars rebels 2014 4 22.22%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Poll: which is better? Clone wars 2003, clone wars 2008 or Star Wars rebels
Started by: RexCloneWarsMVS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

Durge was a hyper-badass, too.

Part of me is sad that he never appeared in TCW, but the rationale part of me knows the writers would have just flanderized him into being useless, like Grievous and Ventress.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Mar 20th, 2015 at 12:37 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2015 12:34 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RexCloneWarsMVS
Believer of Jesus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Revanchiste
They had no time for character devloppement.. They make no fail in character devloppement.. Where Rebels and clone war are making some fails in character devloppement.... If there is great things there is also some fails.. And when you begin to notice those fails.. eerr humhum..... You just begin to hate the serie..

I was loving TWC... It was my favorite show.. But that WAS before.
before what

Old Post Mar 20th, 2015 01:24 AM
Click here to Send RexCloneWarsMVS a Private Message Find more posts by RexCloneWarsMVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Durge was a hyper-badass, too.

Part of me is sad that he never appeared in TCW, but the rationale part of me knows the writers would have just flanderized him into being useless, like Grievous and Ventress.

Yhea the clihey of the failing villan who fail everytime never win run awway and com back next episode...

Personaly I'm pissed off by this kind of clichés.....

That's why Darth Maul was so bad ass in season 5... He was winning.. Not against kenobi (O.j in the last episode we have to wait the lasts episode to see that !!!)

T WC have SSSSOOOOO MANY lazy writing.
When you begin to notice that layzy writing.... You begin to hate the show.....

CW was not bad on the scenario it was 90% action.... And it give to the scenario just what it need. Le minimum salarial. C'est tout ce dont la série avait besoin.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2015 01:28 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RexCloneWarsMVS
Believer of Jesus

Yhea the clihey of the failing villan who fail everytime never win run awway and com back next episode...

Personaly I'm pissed off by this kind of clichés.....

That's why Darth Maul was so bad ass in season 5... He was winning.. Not against kenobi (O.j in the last episode we have to wait the lasts episode to see that !!!)

T WC have SSSSOOOOO MANY lazy writing.
When you begin to notice that layzy writing.... You begin to hate the show.....

CW was not bad on the scenario it was 90% action.... And it give to the scenario just what it need. Le minimum salarial. C'est tout ce dont la série avait besoin.
what lazy writing also the show was targeted at 5-10 year olds, what do you expect?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2015 01:56 PM
Click here to Send RexCloneWarsMVS a Private Message Find more posts by RexCloneWarsMVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Originally posted by RexCloneWarsMVS
what lazy writing also the show was targeted at 5-10 year olds, what do you expect?

Ho it's targeting children so we must refrain to put some quality in..

Without to be too much complex (even if some time it's getting complex but the childish philosophy break the loggic). An anime or a cartoon have to possess come complexity and work....

This why most of our western anime sucked in the past. Until the Dark Knight came on our screen and proove than superheroes cartoon could be awsome and not too dumb...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2015 08:43 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RexCloneWarsMVS
Believer of Jesus

Ho it's targeting children so we must refrain to put some quality in..

Without to be too much complex (even if some time it's getting complex but the childish philosophy break the loggic). An anime or a cartoon have to possess come complexity and work....

This why most of our western anime sucked in the past. Until the Dark Knight came on our screen and proove than superheroes cartoon could be awsome and not too dumb...
what "childish philosophy"

Old Post Mar 20th, 2015 09:49 PM
red8

I felt that Season 1 of SW Rebels was a really strong start. I have high hopes for the show.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 04:18 PM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RexCloneWarsMVS
Believer of Jesus

Originally posted by red8
I felt that Season 1 of SW Rebels was a really strong start. I have high hopes for the show.
strong start = bad ending, I have a feeling that after the ahsoka episodes (the first few episodes of season 2) the show would get boring and pointless and would be about battles, becuase this show should be about how the rebellion got started and it did, I think this show needs only 2 seasons, the rebellion already formed now Ezra and kanan and ahsoka have to die to inspire more systems to rebel and then it leads to a new hope.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 07:39 PM
Revanchiste

Yhea CGI effect make the battle super awsome but some time it bring a lack of fluidity in the animation so.....
I prefer the "Anime/cartoon CGI".

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 11:55 PM
McP

Ostrander comics and Luceno's books >>>>>>TCW >= Rebels > CW

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2015 10:35 AM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

CW have done some great things.... For just 2H of Cartoons.... Action oriented....

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2015 10:38 AM
RexCloneWarsMVS
Believer of Jesus

Originally posted by McP
Ostrander comics and Luceno's books >>>>>>TCW >= Rebels > CW
clone wars 2003 is much better then rebels

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2015 05:12 PM
chilled monkey

Rebels is the best, then CW 2003, then last of all CW 2008.

Rebels has characters I actually care about and the villains are played seriously (unlike say, CW 2008's battle droids). I also love how it doesn't wuss out on showing how the Empire is pure evil.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2015 11:44 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

And it devlopp the theme of Anakin falling through the Dark side in just 18 ****ing second (if you forget the prophecy things).
Just by one scene...

In the lost mission we were allowed to see Anakin emotion with padme get ruined..
Here they are pretty damnclassic butnothing too silly that's fine... And to admit I enjoy a bit the scene.. Even if in the attack of the clone.... Well it was really piessing me off..

I support JarJar perfectly I can insure you. (Except in some clone war episode...)
Bu this.....

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2015 11:46 PM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by chilled monkey
and the villains are played seriously

no expression

We watching the same Rebels?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2015 01:14 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Rebels is the best, then CW 2003, then last of all CW 2008.

Rebels has characters I actually care about and the villains are played seriously (unlike say, CW 2008's battle droids). I also love how it doesn't wuss out on showing how the Empire is pure evil.

I don't want to think you're serious, friend.

Instead of the events of Clone Wars that are very essential to the story and all the characters we saw in the movies, you care about an emo kid with blue hair(just why disney?), a man cat with purple fur, a girl who looks like an underage prostitute who spent way too much time in Paris(even her name fits this concept lol) and a dorky twi'lek that tries to look tough and serious but shouldn't even be piloting a ship that fights a galactic empire. Oh and their droid Chopper is just a more cheesy version of R2. Seriously, Kanan might be the only member of the crew that doesn't look or sound ridiculous.

The fact that a bunch of kids and an untrained Jedi can cause this much trouble even though the Empire is on to them is simply stupid.

And I don't understand how you compare the main villains to a bunch of droids. You should compare them to characters like Count Dooku and Savage Opress which of course is no comparison since TCW is much better in that area as well. TCW felt natural cause it was synchronized with the films while Rebels feels so forced and unnecessary. Some scenes of it didn't even feel like Star Wars. I'm not disappointed cause I didn't expect anything better in the first place.

Seeing Vader and Ahsoka was cool though. I'm pretty sure he'll kill her at some point.

Last edited by Sinious on Mar 25th, 2015 at 08:18 AM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2015 08:10 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

At least they have their coward moment....
They could be bravier.... I've seen that before... And it was so ridiculous..

I really pitty the main villan for having such icompetent troops and being defeat by those guy in a very dumb way each time....

I mean the guys were winning by total accident.....

Old Post Mar 25th, 2015 09:54 AM
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Sinious
I don't want to think you're serious, friend.

Instead of the events of Clone Wars that are very essential to the story and all the characters we saw in the movies,

I've never really cared much for the movie characters. They just don't quite work for me.

you care about an emo kid with blue hair(just why disney?), a man cat with purple fur, a girl who looks like an underage prostitute who spent way too much time in Paris(even her name fits this concept lol) and a dorky twi'lek that tries to look tough and serious but shouldn't even be piloting a ship that fights a galactic empire. Oh and their droid Chopper is just a more cheesy version of R2. Seriously, Kanan might be the only member of the crew that doesn't look or sound ridiculous.

I'm an anime fan. I have no problem with blue hair. And Ezra lost his parents at the age of seven and grew up on the streets. Who can blame him for being "emo?"

Are you seriously claiming that having dyed hair makes a girl "look like an underage prostitute?" Because I really don't see any sense there at all.

Anyway, Sabine is awesome, even though I normally hate Mandalorians. She likes art and bright colours, she's strong but has a caring side and is willing to show it. She's great.

The fact that a bunch of kids and an untrained Jedi can cause this much trouble even though the Empire is on to them is simply stupid.

I think its fun. Its classic David vs. Goliath. Seeing the underdog prevail is always awesome.

And I don't understand how you compare the main villains to a bunch of droids. You should compare them to characters like Count Dooku and Savage Opress which of course is no comparison since TCW is much better in that area as well.

Sure the main villains in TCW were better, I'll admit that.

I just really hated the battle droids in TCW because they were so stupid. At least the stormtroopers in Rebels don't panic and run around failing their arms or make dumb one-liners and such. I like keeping the tone light but it bothers me because those were "battle droids." Why would anyone program war machines to behave that way?

The stormtroopers may be failures but at least they behave appropriately for soldiers in an evil empire. Plus its more fun when they fail because of the contrast.

TCW felt natural cause it was synchronized with the films while Rebels feels so forced and unnecessary. Some scenes of it didn't even feel like Star Wars. I'm not disappointed cause I didn't expect anything better in the first place.

I like that its trying to be original and not just ape the films.

Last edited by chilled monkey on Mar 25th, 2015 at 07:21 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2015 07:19 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I've never really cared much for the movie characters. They just don't quite work for me.

Damn.

quote:
I'm an anime fan. I have no problem with blue hair. And Ezra lost his parents at the age of seven and grew up on the streets. Who can blame him for being "emo?"

Are you seriously claiming that having dyed hair makes a girl "look like an underage prostitute?" Because I really don't see any sense there at all.

Anyway, Sabine is awesome, even though I normally hate Mandalorians. She likes art and bright colours, she's strong but has a caring side and is willing to show it. She's great.

I think its fun. Its classic David vs. Goliath. Seeing the underdog prevail is always awesome.

I don't blame him for being an emo. I blame Disney for making him the main character.

No not dyed hair by itself. Its just everything about her big grin

All these different concepts may be fun for a certain type of audience and I get what you mean. SW isn't a child's anime though. More importantly, if they picked another era that didn't effect OT I would've ben less judgmental.

quote:
Sure the main villains in TCW were better, I'll admit that.

I just really hated the battle droids in TCW because they were so stupid. At least the stormtroopers in Rebels don't panic and run around failing their arms or make dumb one-liners and such. I like keeping the tone light but it bothers me because those were "battle droids." Why would anyone program war machines to behave that way?

The stormtroopers may be failures but at least they behave appropriately for soldiers in an evil empire. Plus its more fun when they fail because of the contrast.

Ah, I see.

quote:
I like that its trying to be original and not just ape the films.

I appreciate evolvement too but change =/= improvement. I feel like we love Star Wars for very different reasons so I guess I'll have to respect your taste.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2015 09:34 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobaFett117
Boba Fett

Rebels is likeable for some and not others but for me I am more of an imperial person and would like to see something about the Empire and not the Rebellion which in truth weren't all that good too.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2015 03:03 AM
Click here to Send BobaFett117 a Private Message Find more posts by BobaFett117 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote