KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Worst lightsaber duelists

Worst lightsaber duelists
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raptor22

Maks Leem

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 04:46 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Oh wait, this thread is about duelling skills ONLY.

I'm sure that if Palpatine had faced him in battle it would have been a pure swordfight with neither side using the Force to crush each other or throwing lightning around or any of that stuff.

Oh wait.

You really don't think dueling skills wouldn't have been a major factor in a Sidious vs. Plagueis fight?

Whatever the case may be, I highly doubt Plagueis should even be considered as a candidate to be on the 'worst lightsaber duelists ever' list.

And come on, mate. Use your own mocking joke, be original. mad

Last edited by Col. Valerian on Apr 15th, 2015 at 05:03 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 05:00 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Vitiate and Nihilus. big grin

Sion needs to be mentioned as well, he kriffin' sucks.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 10:28 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Also I don't even know why Volfe Karkko carries a lightsaber. He's so bad he makes me want to stick my finger through my head and into my brain and twirl it around 360 degrees.

Zett Juckassa could probably beat him.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 11:34 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Col. Valerian
You really don't think dueling skills wouldn't have been a major factor in a Sidious vs. Plagueis fight?

I really don't.

Whatever the case may be, I highly doubt Plagueis should even be considered as a candidate to be on the 'worst lightsaber duelists ever' list.

I disagree. Remember Plagueis hated lightsabre duelling. Palpatine believed that the Sith didn't really need lightsabres but they were still worth using as a way to mock the Jedi so had at least some investment in duelling skill. Plagueis had no interest in it at all.

And come on, mate. Use your own mocking joke, be original. mad

I'm really bad at that.

Originally posted by SunRazer
Also I don't even know why Volfe Karkko carries a lightsaber. He's so bad he makes me want to stick my finger through my head and into my brain and twirl it around 360 degrees.

Zett Juckassa could probably beat him.

Agreed.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 03:09 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Kas'im, Darth Thanaton, Darth Sion, etc

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 05:09 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Master Fey.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 05:19 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Cin kinda isn't good at all

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 05:31 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Cin has a fair amount of accolades and hype and is canonically more skilled than Shaak. He'd kick Volfe and Sion's butt so hard they flip inside-out.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 01:38 AM
chilled monkey

Farfalla was a pretty lousy duellist. Not only was he a complete fop but even his own ally told him he'd just get in the way.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 09:31 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

His form was actually stated to be perfect.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Sha'a Gi, Johun

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 10:46 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

those accolades didn't help him much against Anakin.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 11:12 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Originally posted by WildBantha88
those accolades didn't help him much against Anakin.

Due to edges in speed and strength.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 01:16 AM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Neph was referring to Farfalla in RoT, who's honestly a pretty poor duelist.

And that quote applied whilst he was amped, and even then it's not literal in the slightest.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 09:42 AM
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Nephthys
His form was actually stated to be perfect.

Beg your pardon but so what? You can have "perfect form" and get beaten by some goon in a pub that only cares about winning. Dooku says this in "Labyrinth of Evil" and he's absolutely right.

Having "perfect form" is great for scoring points in a tournament but by itself it doesn't mean much in a real fight.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 07:40 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SunRazer
Neph was referring to Farfalla in RoT, who's honestly a pretty poor duelist.

And that quote applied whilst he was amped, and even then it's not literal in the slightest.

Based on what is he a poor duelist?

Originally posted by chilled monkey
Beg your pardon but so what? You can have "perfect form" and get beaten by some goon in a pub that only cares about winning. Dooku says this in "Labyrinth of Evil" and he's absolutely right.

Having "perfect form" is great for scoring points in a tournament but by itself it doesn't mean much in a real fight.

So clearly he's a skilled duelist, who's completely mastered his chosen form. Ok, I'll humor you and say that maybe he actually wasn't a stellar combatant. But one of the worst duelists of all time? No. erm

I'm pretty sure it does actually. I'm pretty sure that skills in the use of a lightsaber pretty directly translate into being good in a fight. You know, since lightsaber techniques are kind of meant to be used in a fight. That's what they were literally developed for. It's like saying that a guy who's a fully trained marksman wouldn't be a good shot. I'm pretty damn sure that he would be. That's almost a redundant sentence because that's the same thing. And Farfalla isn't some teacher who learned karate in his spare time. He's a Jedi Master who lived through an actual war with the Sith where he fought on the front lines. I'd be confident in saying that he's likely got more real experience dueling Sith than every member of the PT Jedi council combined. Your point is further invalid because you're coming from an example where the guy isn't literally a superpowered martial arts monk. People might be shit in a real fight because they're physically impotent or they don't handle stress well or make good decisions. But like I said, Farfalla is a Jedi Master. He's in the peak of physical fitness, he can augment his physical attributes, he has enhanced senses, he can allow the Force to direct his actions, he has precognition etc.

Also since Farfalla's style is highlighted as graceful, I think its most likely he was a Makashi duelist.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 08:05 PM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Lol Cart why Thanaton and Kas'im?

Zayne Carrick.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 08:11 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

IIRC Thanaton was getting torn up by Kressh's niece, and Kas'im getting driven back by Bane who was far less skilled, having to cheat and sabotage Bane's training make him look terrible as a duelist.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 08:16 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Not sure how you think Bane was far less skilled than Kas'im. The text directly says that Bane was able to counter him whenever he tried to change tactics and that there was nothing Kas'im could pull out that Bane didn't know how to deal with (barring dual wielding obviously). Bane's upper hand was just as much a result of his skill as it was his superior power.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 08:20 PM