KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 183 184 [185] 186 187 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Yes.
I don't particularly like how these kind of games scale up the difficulty. Usually they just make everything spongier and you squishier.

I let that fly with Uncharted because I enjoyed the vistas. In Gears 1... Not so much.
Didn't even see this:

I would really check out Gears 2, they really stepped it up for that one, imo it's the best Gears game ever.

Off-topic but anyone ever realize how a lot of the best games in their franchise usually have 2 in the title?

Assassin's Creed II, Kingdom Hearts II, Gears of War 2, Halo 2, Borderlands 2, Silent Hill 2, Uncharted 2, etc etc etc.

It seems almost like a trend, or even just the second game in general? Like Smash Melee, Batman: Arkham City, etc. I can't be the only one who noticed this lol.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 18th, 2022 07:07 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I didn't like the underground part in 2.

First three quarters was great though.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 18th, 2022 11:10 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Phantasy Star IV.

Unfortunately my SD card crapped out on my Atgames console, so I'm starting over with Kega Fusion. A pet peeve of mine is how PC gaming has this constant string of OS, platform, driver, and app updates that inevitably break something somewhere, forcing a constant race to keep ahead of the curve and never really get to enjoy your library without hassles. That's why I was so proud of the cheap shit box Atgames console, as it ran Genesis games, and I reasoned it would be good forever.

Never in my wildest dreams did it occur to me a memory device would crap out so soon. Certainly not within a few months of use. All it does is sit and very occasionally store data, it was bought new, HOW could it break? I have PS1 memory cards that still work for crying out loud.

So yeah. Phantasy Star on Kega. And maybe Beyond Oasis.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 18th, 2022 05:20 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Evil Dead the Game.

It's a type of asymmetrical game that learns from the mistakes of titles like Friday the 13th and Dead by Daylight.

Old Post May 20th, 2022 01:34 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Smasandian
Uncharted for that stuff is brutal. Oh look, a regular guy who takes 30 bullets and a grenade blast.

And then lets introduce some of most annoying enemy types ever....

At least in Gears it seems plausible some of the monsters would take a billion bullets.

Uncharted is piss easy on Crushing diff compared to GoW's harder difficulty.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 06:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Kazenji
Uncharted is piss easy on Crushing diff compared to GoW's harder difficulty.
I'm sorry but I can't agree with this, Uncharted 2 on crushing is one of the hardest shooters ever, up there with Halo: CE on Legendary, imo.

But both are fantastic to play through on their hardest difficulty, Halo a little less so solely because it's so damn difficult, certain weapons become obsolete, with Uncharted you don't have that.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 10:16 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

On-topic: DC Universe Online.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 10:17 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I'm sorry but I can't agree with this, Uncharted 2 on crushing is one of the hardest shooters ever, up there with Halo: CE on Legendary, imo.

Get better at it, I had no issue with it.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 10:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Jmanghan
On-topic: DC Universe Online.

Is this game still around? I used to play it on my PS3.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 05:44 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ I tried that out on PC through Steam, Gave up on it...got sick of it having to wait for all the assets to load every time i went to play it.

Old Post May 24th, 2022 12:43 AM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Kazenji
^ I tried that out on PC through Steam, Gave up on it...got sick of it having to wait for all the assets to load every time i went to play it.

DCU Online was a very old MMO and it didn't age well. They had a very narrow scope of character creation, which meant everyone felt same-ish, and the paywalls were everywhere. Also, playing through it you start to see how laughly silly some DC villains were, either too campy in appearance and personality, or names that wouldn't be out of place in a 1950s sci fi.

Old Post May 26th, 2022 07:00 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
DCU Online was a very old MMO and it didn't age well. They had a very narrow scope of character creation, which meant everyone felt same-ish, and the paywalls were everywhere. Also, playing through it you start to see how laughly silly some DC villains were, either too campy in appearance and personality, or names that wouldn't be out of place in a 1950s sci fi.
Idk, they've been consistent in giving it content and I'm having no problem getting through the game.

I'm collecting source marks which take only a couple raids to get more then 20, also I don't think the scope of character creation is very narrow anymore. I've rarely come across very samey-looking characters.

There don't SEEM to be many paywalls left, you can play through the entire main story to my knowledge without ever spending a dime.

I guess you could possibly call it "pay-to-win", since you can advance your character level by paying, but you can do that easily through gameplay.

I've been playing for less then a week and I'm already close-ish to max CR (Max CR, which stands for combat rating, after you get to max level you get a combat rating that steadily increases as you find new gear, in about 3 days I've gone from 19 CR to 124 CR), and you are constantly getting new and better gear, better styles in every raid or instance you enter.

Then there's the weapon combat which gives you a ton of options, you get guns, swords, axes, bows, the powers, some of which yes, you do have to pay for, but it's a one-time purchase of like, less then $30 for every power in the game.

It's not the greatest MMO ever, but it's REALLY fun, you get to fly, use super-speed, use acrobatics, basically be any kind of hero they could ever want, the options you get are overwhelming.

Also DC has been around since the late 30's, so it makes sense some villains would sound old and hammy.

Old Post May 27th, 2022 04:28 AM
cdtm

Does my heart good to see the Metal Gear Rising resurgence. I never stopped the party, but looks like a whole new hype train has taken off from Jack the Ripper central, because these aren't old school action fans nor Metal Gear fans. They're fans who noticed Sekiro borrowed liberally from the game, without the metal or delimbing, or especially the memes.

Inspired me to finally go for earning the Armor Breaker and Wig B (Since I don't have the Fox Blade DLC. But really who needs a sword that completely breaks the game?

As if stripping down armor in one hit or infinite Ripper mode isn't op enough.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 10:14 PM
cdtm

Prey is as much a Dead Space spiritual successor as it is System Shock and Bioshock

Old Post Jun 5th, 2022 12:46 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Nah. It's very much a different game.

Prey is a System Shock/Bioshock/Deus Ex type game than anything like Dead Space.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2022 03:39 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Playing Dead Space.

The jump scares don't scare anymore, even the ones I forgot about. Guess it's hard getting frightened by monsters you're used to easily dismembering by the dozens.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2022 11:50 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I would agree with that.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2022 11:59 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Plus later games upped the ante.

Getting caught by a Reaper Leviathan while swimming around the ship in Subnautica almost made my heart jump out of my chest. Still get apprehensive in the area.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2022 01:54 PM
cdtm

The ambience is top notch though.

And that lighting! Even in 2008, old fashioned lighting technique stands up to fancy modern ray tracing technology.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2022 03:43 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by cdtm
Prey is as much a Dead Space spiritual successor as it is System Shock and Bioshock

So very wrong as always.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2022 07:00 AM