KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 206 207 [208] 209 210 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyone planning on playing the new System Shock?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2023 01:34 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thinking about it, I'm sitting on a pile of platformers that include Celeste, Cave Story+, Fez, Axiom Verge, Horace... Should I be thinking about getting another platformer instead of playing one of those?

Thinking at LEAST do Celeste, that seems cream of the crop.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2023 01:29 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Anyone planning on playing the new System Shock?

I would if i could, Need to update my PC. Until then i'll stick with the original one.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2023 01:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Thinking about it, I'm sitting on a pile of platformers that include Celeste, Cave Story+, Fez, Axiom Verge, Horace... Should I be thinking about getting another platformer instead of playing one of those?

Thinking at LEAST do Celeste, that seems cream of the crop.

Depends on how much platforming you actually want to do.

I prefered Axiom Verge, but it's not quite as "pure" a platformer as Celeste is. I suppose all Metroidvanias are technically platformers too, but they aren't quite as focused on avoiding death falls and platform puzzles. Axiom Verge is a Metroid inspired, at the end of the day.

With Celeste, it's exclusively platform puzzles.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jun 10th, 2023 at 02:08 AM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2023 01:55 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

You make a good point. thumb up

I did like Super Meat Boy, could go either way there. Ever play Knytt Stories? That was pure platformer, and it was awesome. So was VVVVVV.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2023 02:18 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Forgot about Sundred, that was fun. Abandoned it to play Hollow Knight, but as good as that was the super hard bosses wore me down, maybe something like Sundred or Axiom Verge could revive the spark.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2023 02:31 AM
StyleTime

I never tried Knytt Stories, but pure platformers are often frustrating to play for me. Maybe a notch below hardcore puzzle games. I can deal with challenging combat all day, but falling to my death in increasingly complex platform mazes kills me inside. Celeste had me at my wits end, and I stopped playing Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams when the sequences got too complicated.

The White Palace in Hollow Knight was a rare exception though. One of the most enjoyable platforming experiences I've ever had.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jun 10th, 2023 at 11:12 AM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2023 11:04 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
I never tried Knytt Stories, but pure platformers are often frustrating to play for me. Maybe a notch below hardcore puzzle games. I can deal with challenging combat all day, but falling to my death in increasingly complex platform mazes kills me inside. Celeste had me at my wits end, and I stopped playing Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams when the sequences got too complicated.

The White Palace in Hollow Knight was a rare exception though. One of the most enjoyable platforming experiences I've ever had.

Are we talking the normal white palace or the hidden parts?

I enjoyed the normal sections but ended up breaking my right shoulder button completely jammed it in. 😂

I still use the controller on games that don't need all 8 buttons and can set to use any other button, figure it saves the life span on my gpod controllers.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2023 11:51 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think Dying Light is for me. The quests are kind of boring fetch stuff, the virals just make traversing an annoyance, the leveling system makes early game far too frustrating and almost forces you to grind for perks, and the parkour up radio towers and such is way too prominent and not why I play zombie games. It's also annoying how you can climb some things yet not other things for no discernable reason (I guess the wire mesh stops you climbing up bits of radio towers, but why should it? And why can't you climb a ladder that is blocked off part way to reach another thing to grab on to?)

Last edited by cdtm on Jun 10th, 2023 at 05:51 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2023 05:49 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Checked out the Lies of P demo, it’s very heavily inspired by Bloodborne. The atmosphere is pretty cool, but like most non-from soft souls games, they can’t seem to quite get the polish and fluidity of the combat right.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2023 09:39 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ Your expecting too much from a smaller game studio

Old Post Jun 11th, 2023 03:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Expecting too much from a soulshite game more like.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2023 12:33 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Kazenji
^ Your expecting too much from a smaller game studio

Maybe… but if you want to create a game with precise, punishing combat, you should probably get the details correct.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2023 02:44 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Got a base xbox one. Recommendations?

Or games to avoid for performance? (Am getting Nier Automata no matter what)

Old Post Jun 11th, 2023 06:45 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Got a base xbox one. Recommendations?

Doom Eternal

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2023 09:24 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Second down the list actually, always said it was a masterpiece. thumb up

Thinking No Man's Sky for third place...

Old Post Jun 11th, 2023 09:53 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Expecting too much from a soulshite game more like.

Your an expert on playing shit games, you play them all the time.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2023 04:18 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because stupid devs keep making awful Soulsbournes garbage, Souls sucks and always sucked!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2023 10:55 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nier Automata is even better than they say, **** Elden Ring.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2023 05:44 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Because stupid devs keep making awful Soulsbournes garbage, Souls sucks and always sucked!

Sounds like you can't get past the first boss in those sort of games, Git gud.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2023 04:04 AM