KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » HASBRO & IDW To Launch All-Female TRANSFORMERS Team

HASBRO & IDW To Launch All-Female TRANSFORMERS Team
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

HASBRO & IDW To Launch All-Female TRANSFORMERS Team

http://www.newsarama.com/24294-hasb...rmers-team.html

quote:
Hasbro announced Friday via USA Today that it is creating a new, all-female team of Transformers. Although Transformers fans will be quick to tell you that the robots are genderless, a large majority have self-identified as male and have been depicted as such -- with only a small minority being female. That's changing now, as Hasbro is organizing some of its stand-out female Transformers at the behest of Transformers female fanbase.

"Our female fans have demanded to be part of the story," says Hasbro's senior brand manager for Transformers. "To have them be represented as well is something that's only natural."

The team, which as of yet has no name, will be composed of six new female Autobots who combine to form a new character named Victorion. This sextet will debut first in comics in July's Transformers: Combiner Hunters miniseries from IDW, with Hasbro planning a toy line later in the year.

This announcement comes coincidentally on the heels of Warner Bros' announcement of orchestrated marketing push for DC's female super heroes under the banner of DC Super Hero Girls.

This isn't the first time fan response has encouraged Hasbro to diversify the Transformers line. In 2013 an online fan poll resulted in the creation of a new Autobot, Windblade, which has been featured prominently in IDW's Transformers comics. Although some might think of the classic Transformers series as being just a "boy's club," female characters such as Arcee and Chromia were included early on in various television series, movies and comics.

"People are more accepting now of women playing stronger roles in everything across the board, whether it's animation or television or film," says actress Constance Zimmer, who voises the female Autobot Strongarm in the animated Transformers: Robots In Disguise animated series.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2015 07:53 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I do like the fan vote TFs smile If this turns out as well as Windblade (who, btw, is showing up in the RiD TV series) I'll even add- it's not just the female fans, the collective fans voted for the new combiner to be female.

I have seen some some mild disappointed in some circles that she's called Victorion instead of one of the alternatives, 'Slammoth' ^^

Combiner Hunters looks to be just a oneshot, not a miniseries like the article says, but hey, Arcee, Chromia, and Windblade vs Victorion? Badass smile

Cover

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 01:37 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Re: HASBRO & IDW To Launch All-Female TRANSFORMERS Team

quote: (post)

Not bad of an idea.In fact, I welcome an all female combiner eek! And as added bonus, its an all female autobot combiner.The autobots only have 3 known combiners.4 if you count the japanese continuity of g1 Transformers.Aerialbots,Protectobots,Trainbots(from the japanese continuity) and Technobots.While the decepticons have Constructicons,Stunticons,Combaticons,Terrorcons and Predacons.That's 5 combiners in the decepticon side.7 if you count the Seacons and Monstructor.Already I came up with 2 names for the all female combiner.The first is Dianabots named after the roman goddess of the hunt known as Diana.The other name I came up is Valkyriebots named after the Valkyries(chooser of the slain) of Norse mythology.Those are the cool ones I came up.I came up with 1 lame name for the group.Divabots would probably be a lame name since it makes them sound like a group of singers embarrasment

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post May 14th, 2015 12:44 PM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote