KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Markness

Good. Toei's fanfiction series (GT) will be null and void now.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2015 05:55 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I have mixed feelings on the matter.

It's a cartoon.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2015 10:54 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by CatL18
I am looking forward to Adventure like Dragon Ball rather than endless power inflation like Dragon Ball Z or GT.

To be fair, GT actually had quite a bit of both (adventure with going to other planets for the black star dragon balls and such). That may have been why it sucked though; trying to please people with both those formulas.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2015 04:44 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Don't worry people I've thought about this for ten years now, and I have it all figured out.

The Battle of Gods and Ressurection F movies are going to be retconned.

The Z-Fighters will encounter an enemy too powerful for them to beat, but he's not just more powerful, he's infinitely more powerful. So Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Goten and Trunks have to go Super Saiyan Infinity to beat him, but it's still not enough. So Piccolo have to fuse with all the Namekians in the Multiverse (which now is infinite universes) to beat this new bad guy. Piccolo becomes abstract and intangible and gains a plethora of nigh-omnipotent powers with which he creates new multiverses which he then governs as God.

And in case you wonder why the Multiverse isn't destroyed by them simply powering up it's because they subconsciously use part of their power to reenforce the universe they're in.

In the next saga they learn that the Saiyans, while being SSJω, ω was just countable infinite and they eventually have to unlock the uncountable ordinals with inaccessible cardinals because baddie #2 is even more powerful than Piccolo could ever be.

And at the end of the series we'll see Super Saiyan Omnipotent Vegito fighting baddie #3.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2015 06:37 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

i have mixed feelings i feel like with every movie or series that gets added into the lore my childhood slowly gets ruined

We are True Avengers

Old Post Apr 29th, 2015 07:41 PM
yungz22 is currently offline Click here to Send yungz22 a Private Message Find more posts by yungz22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by Astner
Don't worry people I've thought about this for ten years now, and I have it all figured out.

The Battle of Gods and Ressurection F movies are going to be retconned.

The Z-Fighters will encounter an enemy too powerful for them to beat, but he's not just more powerful, he's infinitely more powerful. So Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Goten and Trunks have to go Super Saiyan Infinity to beat him, but it's still not enough. So Piccolo have to fuse with all the Namekians in the Multiverse (which now is infinite universes) to beat this new bad guy. Piccolo becomes abstract and intangible and gains a plethora of nigh-omnipotent powers with which he creates new multiverses which he then governs as God.

And in case you wonder why the Multiverse isn't destroyed by them simply powering up it's because they subconsciously use part of their power to reenforce the universe they're in.

In the next saga they learn that the Saiyans, while being SSJω, ω was just countable infinite and they eventually have to unlock the uncountable ordinals with inaccessible cardinals because baddie #2 is even more powerful than Piccolo could ever be.

And at the end of the series we'll see Super Saiyan Omnipotent Vegito fighting baddie #3.

Hopefully. thumb up

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2015 08:24 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Honestly though, I just can't really see how this new series would be successful at all. They need to just come out with new shit, instead of remaking the same crap over and over. I don't see them being capable of doing that, in an entire new series.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2015 08:26 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Of course it will be incredibly successful. DBZ is still huge. Just look at the movies ticket sales in Japan.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2015 08:33 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by ares834
Of course it will be incredibly successful. DBZ is still huge. Just look at the movies ticket sales in Japan.

Well yeah, in terms of just sales. I mean that I think it will be shitty, in general.

Something new, and refreshing that they could do, which would be interesting, is make a series about Future Trunks, and his adventures, after going back to the future.

I think adding a dozen new forms to characters who already have several, and making them so strong that nothing in the universe can ever hope to hurt them, is just stupid. I miss the days when Frieza in first form was stronger than everyone else combined.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2015 08:49 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Aye, and miss the days when Piccolo and other Z-fighters were actually relevant supporting characters (able to put something of a dent into the main villains, even if it wasn't their final form).

Old Post Apr 30th, 2015 01:58 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Aye, and miss the days when Piccolo and other Z-fighters were actually relevant supporting characters (able to put something of a dent into the main villains, even if it wasn't their final form).

The age of SS has grown powerful, there biology allows them to keep surpassing the last.

I do miss Piccalo Tienn and Yamcha though, but Goku and Vegeta are the bomb.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2015 10:53 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Yea I can only assume they go the route of traveling to other universes to battle with other Gods of Destruction/Whis type characters.

We shall see though.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2015 11:45 AM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Yeah, no kidding. Now we have everyone getting one-shotted by chopsticks.

I miss when Krillin could actually KILL a main villain, from getting lucky enough to tag them with a kienzan or something, and Piccolo was almost JUST as strong as Goku, but with regeneration, and even stronger attacks(Makkankosappo). Hell, Piccolo used to be Martian manhunter, to Goku's Superman. But now he's like... Green Arrow compared to the Anti-monitor. Or Nekron.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2015 07:45 PM
bbrem123

maybe it is time to introduce a new "z-gang"

with beerus and whis as the being. Which is sad the rest are lost but hey if the story is done right it shouldn't matter to much.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2015 11:32 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Perhaps Goku and Vegeta can go sit in a corner and train while Goten, Trunks and the other Z fighters can goes on the dragon ball adventures.

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post May 5th, 2015 02:42 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Sigh...people complaining. Just enjoy the new DBZ show that is coming out. If it isn't interesting, ignore it and continue your adventure watching Naruto. The new Generation needs DBZ so that it can be a forever title. Kids don't need to cling to old showings when they can make new series to get new customers/fans up to date. This is going to be good. We get new villains. We can see more showings of Goku, Vegeta, the entire Z world. Questions will be answered. Glad Akira is taking this approach and after this, I hope he continues down this road with making new shows.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 5th, 2015 09:43 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

So I just got all the DBZ manga(as in all of Dragonball from Raditz onwards) and tore through them in a couple days(with the exception of volumes 2-5 which I sadly don't own).

It ranks right up there with Ippo, Death Note, and Deadman Wonderland for manga I just adore. It was a blast to read and it really is remarkable how well it still holds up. My only complaint is that some of the fights happen too fast and even then I only complain because I want to see more of the fights in action. If "it made me want more" is the closest thing to a complain I can give it then it is pretty great imo.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 03:38 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Esomark
Good. Toei's fanfiction series (GT) will be null and void now.

laughing out loud

Honestly was GT that bad?
Pan and kid goku adventures in the beginning was terrible, but other than that it was pretty good imo.
Once they got back to the "earth heroes taking down the new threat" It was enjoyable.

Best part for me is when the "gang" is trying to live normal life. Like a DBZ sitcom.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 04:07 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The action was meh, imo. None of the tension, build ups, or explosive action and choreography..

Basically, it's like comparing luke warm product that is modern day WWE with the fantastic in every way NXT.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 04:25 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by Inhuman
laughing out loud

Honestly was GT that bad?
Pan and kid goku adventures in the beginning was terrible, but other than that it was pretty good imo.
Once they got back to the "earth heroes taking down the new threat" It was enjoyable.

Best part for me is when the "gang" is trying to live normal life. Like a DBZ sitcom.

I'm with you on this one.

GT was ultimate-shitty in the first, like... 10 episodes, but it actually progressed into a pretty enjoyable series, once they started making actual villains again. Like Baby, and Super 17. Even Omega was pretty cool, imo. Although, he was basically a composite version of every other DBZ villain. I also liked SSJ4. Especially because it was so unique. Instead of just less eyebrow, more mane, and more lightning, like the rest of the SSJ forms.

Old Post May 7th, 2015 04:38 AM