KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 597 598 [599] 600 601 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Marikina

More spoiler panels from chapter 71:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DBSChron...933708517232640

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Goku and Vegeta complete theirvtraining.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2021 02:40 AM
Marikina is currently offline Click here to Send Marikina a Private Message Find more posts by Marikina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So Goku is learning to use UI in his base state, but then can properly transform into his full silver-haired UI form from there... I know it's meant to conserve stamina, but I still don't really get it.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2021 03:53 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The dragon said Granolah is the most powerful, aside from the gods. This must include Goku and Vegeta, if he is stronger then them.

Its obvious Goku and Vegeta will ascend to god level to beat him.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2021 04:39 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Seems pretty clear Gas will be the big boss of the arc with some Seven-Three shit added on. Granolah probably loses here and they have to calm him down, or he sees they're actually good guys and realizes both sides are being manipulated. Can't see Vegeta or Goku getting fooled too long by that unless Granolah goes crazy which he probably will at the start.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2021 04:55 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Found

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
So Goku is learning to use UI in his base state, but then can properly transform into his full silver-haired UI form from there... I know it's meant to conserve stamina, but I still don't really get it.
It's a throwback to RoF. Whis always intended to train them to learn UI in their base forms. Necessity forced Goku to break his limits and transform in order to use UI. This same need for expediency is why Merus trained him to replicate the ToP conditions to unlock UI again, except this time Goku was strong enough to stabilize the form and use it at will.

Whis is taking him back to basics now. UI won't be something he needs to transform to use, it'll be his new walking-around strength. However, the Silver-hair is still a transformation like all the others, so it'll simply be a powerup.

The direct implication I get from this is that Goku's new base will be more powerful than his old Silver-hair self, since it's using the same power but it never runs out. I've dubbed the Silver hair form UIĀ². >:]

Old Post Apr 20th, 2021 08:27 PM
The Found is currently offline Click here to Send The Found a Private Message Find more posts by The Found Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Yeah this makes zero sense. Whis says UI is not a form and should be mastered in base without transforming. Then goes on to say he can still transform to get more power? So basically the MUI form has nothing to do with UI anymore since he knows it in base?

Unless that form allows Goku to utilize divine power? While in base he can't? Gonna turn into another learn how to use god power in base form thing? hmmm

Old Post Apr 21st, 2021 08:10 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Looking forward to Vegeta surpassing Goku.

The fact is, Goku has the least potential as anyone. Gohan has the most potential, and Vegeta is a high blood Saiyan. Goku was just lucky to have the best teachers.

Fastest progression, lowest ceiling.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 02:28 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

You're forgetting about this.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 02:48 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dbomb, The king
Restricted

Account Restricted

looking forward to Goku going perfected SSB UI Kaiokenx20 then Lord Beerus flicks him and Gokus knocked out because plot

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 02:49 PM
Dbomb, The king is currently offline Click here to Send Dbomb, The king a Private Message Find more posts by Dbomb, The king Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by NewGuy01
You're forgetting about this.

Was trying to. 😫

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 05:55 PM
cdtm

New prediction:

The base mode UI is a copout. Goku is already stronger then Granolah in transformed UI, the base mode arse pull is to give Goku an excuse to fight him in a depowered state, and lose.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 05:57 PM
The Found

Originally posted by cdtm
New prediction:

The base mode UI is a copout. Goku is already stronger then Granolah in transformed UI, the base mode arse pull is to give Goku an excuse to fight him in a depowered state, and lose.
Goku will want to test out how strong his new base form is. Granolah will win the initial fight. Vegeta will step in and be fed to Granola as he always is to the new villain. Then Goku will transform as a last resort as Whis indicated he should and defeat Granola.

Thus establishing that both Goku and Vegeta have surpassed chapter 70 Goku and their new power levels. Also, around the time Goku is using his Silver form, I imagine the heatas will get involved if they hadn't already, and make a bid to make Gas the strongest being in the universe.

It'll be some combination of implementing 73's copy ability/copied abilities, the dragonballs and trying to hijack the powers of the saiyans and granola, I'm guessing. They'll try to pick off the survivor(s) of the fight so that when they do overthrow Frieza it'll be as the universe's strongest force.

As for Frieza himself, no idea how he'll be involved if he does end up involved, and I'm also curious if fusion makes an appear. I have a feeling the heatas will get access to spirit fission to prevent it happening.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 07:49 PM
The Found is currently offline Click here to Send The Found a Private Message Find more posts by The Found Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Would be funny if the arc ends with thr villians defeated, Freeza finally showing up asking "What are you guys doing here?!", and they all just fly off without a good answer while he looks confused.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2021 12:22 AM
bbrem123

Originally posted by cdtm
New prediction:

I agree. Whis even says if Goku wants to pass his limits he goes to MUI form. Seem to me that. form is not being counted when determining who is the strongest.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2021 01:18 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Granolah's wish made him the strongest being the the universe at the time the wish was made... But that was before Vegeta honed his Hakai training, and before Goku started this random UI perfection thing(and also didn't factor in the exponential zenkai growth the Saiyans gain during battle.) So they will undoubtedly surpass Granolah at some point... That's obvious.

I'm more interested to see where the 7-3 plot goes. Kinda hoping it culminates with Granolah realizing Goku/Vegeta are actually the good guys, and teaming up with them to beat... Whoever the REAL big bad ends up being.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 23rd, 2021 at 01:33 PM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2021 01:29 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Granolah's wish made him the strongest being the the universe at the time the wish was made... But that was before Vegeta honed his Hakai training, and before Goku started this random UI perfection thing(and also didn't factor in the exponential zenkai growth the Saiyans gain during battle.) So they will undoubtedly surpass Granolah at some point... That's obvious.

I'm more interested to see where the 7-3 plot goes. Kinda hoping it culminates with Granolah realizing Goku/Vegeta are actually the good guys, and teaming up with them to beat... Whoever the REAL big bad ends up being.

Strongest being in the universe except for the gods.

Whis and Beerus established Goku reached godly level in the Moro arc, so I'm thinking his transformation is beyond Granolah.

It explains the "base mode UI except for emergencies" policy. Rather convenient, telling Goku NOT to use his trump from here on.

Last edited by cdtm on Apr 23rd, 2021 at 10:02 PM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2021 10:00 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

A new movie has apparently been leaked for next year. Taking with a grain of salt for now, but by then will have been a few years since DBS Broly, so I could see it happening.

Old Post May 7th, 2021 07:38 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

I wonder what they will do with it. It'll most likely connect to the manga like Broly did, but be skipped over.

Old Post May 8th, 2021 11:56 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

So no one is going to bring up this nonsense?

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 21st, 2021 12:55 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

So, Granolah has the Byakugan.

Old Post May 21st, 2021 04:27 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote