KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 600 601 [602] 603 604 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kento
The last Hokage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bbrem123
Seems right to me. Man they would be sooo broken. MUI + GoD
Maybe that was what Whis meant all along when he said together Gokou and Vegeta could rival Beerus. laughing

Old Post Jul 27th, 2021 12:39 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

At first I was going to say that the UI and GoD boosts wouldn't both be usable for a fusion, because they're on completely opposite sides of the spectrum... But then I remembered that Beerus can use an imperfect version of UI.

So yeah, I wouldn't at all be surprised if a Vegito/Gogeta fusion could indeed utilize both powerups simultaneously. Jfc, the implications there...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2021 01:25 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

End up with some new Ultra Destroyer Instinct form or something.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2021 01:59 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

If Gotenks could go SSJ3 when the kids can't even use SSJ2, I guess it's possible if only one of them masters something new.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2021 02:17 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

I still don't get how Goten and Trunks cannot go ssj2. Cause it's not like they aren't super powerful, and they train, and love to fight.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2021 04:12 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's annoying how irrelevant the boys have become in DBS, given how much they were hyped in Z.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2021 02:49 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

And how they are said they are 'kids' so they keep them out of fights. Yet put in the likes of Roshi, and Yamcha. Not to mention most of the people there were fighting as kids. I'm still expecting Goten and Trunks to look like kids in the new movie if they are even in the movie.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2021 03:44 PM
carver9

Originally posted by carver9
God of Destruction Vegeta... spoilers.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: https://ibb.co/LS8T9SB
https://ibb.co/Zd0nMPs
https://ibb.co/9sHgwdp
https://ibb.co/xFX8cTQ
https://ibb.co/g4sQJT7
https://ibb.co/9vQ5DK3

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 12th, 2021 06:00 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheBadguy

Originally posted by Kento
I still don't get how Goten and Trunks cannot go ssj2. Cause it's not like they aren't super powerful, and they train, and love to fight.

Something about ssj2 is just difficult. Vegeta struggled to get it and he referred to it as the "sayain wall", he was even kinda surprised Goku got it in 7yrs of being dead. Gohan loses most of the power of it during the peace after Cell. I don't think those kids have the maturity for it and they cant just brute force it like gotenks.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2021 07:19 AM
TheBadguy is currently offline Click here to Send TheBadguy a Private Message Find more posts by TheBadguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

If Caulifla can go SSJ2 as an asspull, dont see why the boys cant. Is just sheer negligence for Goten and non-future Trunks in general. If they were given a shred of more attention in the story, they wouldve been had SSJ2 already, methinks.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2021 08:33 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

A Baki and Dragon Ball crossover would be pretty neat. Hanma Yujiro's whole thing is being a demon who always becomes the best, I have no doubt he would vault past the humans with just a little bit of training, and reaching god tier isn't out of the question for him.

He'd be crushed by Yamcha at first, and learn all his techniques and surpass him in the same fight. That's how he rolls.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2021 02:33 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

So Vegeta lost and once again fans are vexed. Makes me glad I didn't become that hopeful with the whole thing. I mean just because Vegeta got a new form didn't mean the typical Dragon Ball writing was gonna change. If Conquest Instinct or whatever it's called isn't a jobber form to the extent that Super Saiyan Blue was though, it'll be a step up at least.

Still, it can be lame when forms get walloped in their debut showing, but it's something that's happened since practically the start of Super; SSB vs Golden Frieza (noob Golden Frieza was stronger than Blue in power output at least despite hemorrhaging his ki) and such, and now this. It isn't a good look for forms that are supposed to surpass prior ones.

That said, looking forward to how Vegeta progresses and evolves with this new form as Goku has with UI. He may not become top dog like fans want because he's not the main character, but now that he has his own separate power branch, he can still catch up to Goku without lagging too far behind, which is still more interesting than having just the Goku show like what we mostly got from the Moro arc. /shrug

Old Post Aug 18th, 2021 04:13 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The fight technically isn't over yet.

Vegeta is Pitt. The more damage he takes the stronger he gets.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2021 01:10 AM
Marikina

Originally posted by Galan007
It's annoying how irrelevant the boys have become in DBS, given how much they were hyped in Z.

They should be like the Gon and Killua of Dragon Ball. That'll be enough to carry the franchise.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2021 09:44 AM
Marikina is currently offline Click here to Send Marikina a Private Message Find more posts by Marikina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

So does Ultra Ego give damage reduction?

Vegeta could have problems the way he fights if it doesn't.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2021 04:27 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

It doesn't seem like it does.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2021 08:14 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

We're looking at opposite sides of the same coin here when it comes to UE and MUI.

Similarly to how Goku's MUI transformation is just the starting point for him to begin attaining true Angel-level fighting prowess, Vegeta's UE is just the starting point for him to begin attaining true Destroyer-level power.

But at this point, Vegeta seems reliant on an opponent damaging him in order to increase his power while in the UE state. He has very little control over that form right now, and is essentially just in berserker rage mode -- wherein he thinks he can soak everything his opponent dishes out, and just keep amping himself endlessly on said damage... But he can't, which is why he was burning out against Granolah:
https://i.ibb.co/0ZFFXCP/0075-035.jpg

That said, much like the end-goal for Goku is for UI to always be active in all of his forms, the end-goal for Vegeta is likely getting to a point where he is fully consumed by the concept of destruction at all times, like Beerus:
https://i.ibb.co/nmMwNvs/0069-026.jpg

So once Vegeta starts mastering that mindset a little more, I imagine he'll stop fighting like such a dumbass... Because say what you will about Beerus, but he certainly doesn't fight like that at all.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 22nd, 2021 at 01:23 AM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2021 01:16 AM
cdtm

Right now he's essentially a poor man's Broly.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2021 02:11 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

An extremely impoverished version of Broly... Especially given Tori's recent confirmation that Broly is still more powerful than Goku.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2021 01:17 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

laughing It's nice to see I was right about Broly.

Vegeta's new transformation does need him to think a bit more clearly. But at the same time, I think if he was fighting for a real reason, and not just to fight he would be acting a lot different even in Ultra Ego form.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2021 01:30 PM