KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » life consiousness

life consiousness
Started by: Genesis-Soldier

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Genesis-Soldier
god blessed him with a...

life consiousness

what creates this consiousness we call life

is it created by a divine power?

are our bodies formed within the womb then are given a small electrical charge to power our bio-robotic parts?

is this reality around us even real? are we even experiencing "life"?

Old Post May 6th, 2015 12:23 PM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

mass:gravity::complexity:consciousness

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 01:02 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Re: life consiousness

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
what creates this consiousness we call life

are our bodies formed within the womb then are given a small electrical charge to power our bio-robotic parts?

What shit are you smoking? Cause I want in

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post May 6th, 2015 02:01 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: life consiousness

what creates this consiousness we call life...

Information! Consciousness is what information feels like.

What is "divine power"?

I think in terms of emerge rather then create.

Life is an unbroken chain. Yes, our bodies are bio-robotic like, but reality goes further then that. We have no free will. We are like characters in a movie. We will always make the same choices under the same circumstances.

This is unknown. The true nature of reality is out there, but rather we humans can every understand it, is yet to be seen.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 11:45 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier

but we can only understand so much before we reach our individual limits

Old Post May 7th, 2015 08:13 AM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier

our infomation is limited, we have some control of what we take in but it is limited. is that what our conciousness is left to, a limited amount of data when there is a wealth of knowledge to be understood and preserved within our cells

Old Post May 7th, 2015 08:14 AM
Genesis-Soldier

Originally posted by Mindship
mass:gravity::complexity:consciousness

bio organic complexity or the idea of complexity itself. what gives "life" to this complexity. what allows us to start taking in infomation?

Old Post May 7th, 2015 08:15 AM
Revanchiste

Is a programme have a consiousness? So does an ant have one? But is an ant a living thing?
Is a virus alive?
Cane a being of Silice live? If it have a counciessness so it live. But the reverse is not always true.

Counciessness, is a virtual world created by a wonderfull tool called brain, but not all brain provide, such miracle.

Counciessness is a real complex thing.. because in our language, conscient means to know, but there is a lot of thing that happen without being inknowledge by our spirit.. That's the sub-counscient, and I'm not talking about Freud theory... I'm talking about modern medcine !!! No theory of the 3 brain !!!!

That's why placebo have an effect !
There is some phenomen that science cannot explain...
Little story : There was guy sick, he had a lot of spot, but the doctor say that was not contagious, so he go to class-room anyway !
A sudden épédemmie happen, but most of the studden touched, are back in normal when they go back home.....
Except the studdent who is sick for real...
Because it was a physical manifestation of the over stress and general panic...
The diagnostic have been made they were all in good heatlth...
So how does their skin devlopped so many spot? What kind of reaction happened?
Well nobody knows.... But it came from the mind.....

COllective Hystéry still a mistery today.

Last edited by Revanchiste on May 8th, 2015 at 03:24 AM

Old Post May 8th, 2015 03:22 AM
Revanchiste is currently offline Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier

thats alot to think about but makes total sense

Old Post May 8th, 2015 10:08 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

bio organic complexity or the idea of complexity itself.
Complexity itself, which (as far as we currently know) peaks with life forms, especially the human brain. It will be interesting to see what happens as we approach the artificial intelligence "singularity."

what gives "life" to this complexity. what allows us to start taking in infomation?
That's the $64,000 question. Life is an emergent quality. The reductive-materialist paradigm sees it arising from matter: an inevitable consequence of our spacetime's set of physical laws. Our particular universe is bio-friendly, so to speak, and Life, by definition, is a condition which makes use of information to deliberately make more of itself.

The holistic-transcendent view sees Life arising through matter, through (and 'shaped' by) our universe's physical laws, ultimately arising from (here we go) ... God / Infinite Consciousness / Pure Being / The Absolute / (essentially, insert your preferred term here).

IMO, your question is basically a nuanced form of the general inquiry, "Does God exist?" And there ain't no simple answers. huh

Old Post May 8th, 2015 11:39 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier

Originally posted by Mindship
Complexity itself, which (as far as we currently know) peaks with life forms, especially the human brain. It will be interesting to see what happens as we approach the artificial intelligence "singularity."

That's the $64,000 question. Life is an emergent quality. The reductive-materialist paradigm sees it arising from matter: an inevitable consequence of our spacetime's set of physical laws. Our particular universe is bio-friendly, so to speak, and Life, by definition, is a condition which makes use of information to deliberately make more of itself.

The holistic-transcendent view sees Life arising through matter, through (and 'shaped' by) our universe's physical laws, ultimately arising from (here we go) ... God / Infinite Consciousness / Pure Being / The Absolute / (essentially, insert your preferred term here).

IMO, your question is basically a nuanced form of the general inquiry, "Does God exist?" And there ain't no simple answers. huh

in one perspective this is an extention of does god exist but i want to know what consiousness is ( thank you for answering that by the way) and what starts it/ what gives us our first breath, our first thought

Old Post May 9th, 2015 05:59 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

in one perspective this is an extention of does god exist but i want to know what consiousness is ( thank you for answering that by the way) and what starts it/ what gives us our first breath, our first thought
I wouldn't say I've answered the question of what consciousness actually 'is' (otherwise, I'd have a Nobel Prize on my mantle, and I don't even have a mantle), but more of how it's regarded from a mystical/spiritual perspective as well as from a strictly empirical POV (and Shakyamunison's "Consciousness is what information feels like," has a nice ring to it, too).

Ultimately, if you really want to understand consciousness, directly, first-hand ... meditate.

Old Post May 9th, 2015 10:51 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Consiousness is linear time. Both are processes of sensibility.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 11th, 2015 12:03 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier

thats it?

i mean yeah i can understand a little of that but there must be more to it

Old Post May 11th, 2015 12:26 PM
Bentley
Seitei

thats it?

i mean yeah i can understand a little of that but there must be more to it

I don't see why that seems so little, sensibility is a huge problem when it comes to our universe, even as a tiny shard of that puzzle consiousness remains puzzling and mysterious.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 11th, 2015 12:45 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier

i guess it is just my understanding of the matter.

if i dont really understand something i post a statement about the idea or element and watch you guys debate about it, it can teach me alot

Old Post May 11th, 2015 12:54 PM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Seeing as we are comprised of 75% water and water splashes tend to wake us up and God said; "I will let you drink from the living water."
Water may have something big to do with it.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post May 15th, 2015 06:20 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier

i will let you drink from the living water... cannibalism perspective ?

Old Post May 16th, 2015 08:05 AM
cdtm

A little thought exercise:

If we accept life is random, with no "intelligent design", what are the odds against you existing?

Starting from a specific sperm and egg meeting, out of a single batch. Produced at a single moment.

I mean, what if your mom just wasn't in the mood that day? What if they were just a few hours late with the honeymoon?

And that doesn't take into account THEIR folks, and so on and so forth.

What are the odds against?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 07:37 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Zero, because you are here.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 09:27 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote