KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Was Sidious going all out in RotJ?

Was Sidious going all out in RotJ?
Started by: ChaosTheory123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I'm glad the EU doesn't exist anymore.

Tutaminis is a pretty fun word to say, tho. It's retarded, but still fun to say. But yeah, hopefully Canon will come up with a better term.

Old Post May 8th, 2015 07:18 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Tzeentch
"Deflecting energy" is not referred to as "Tutaminis" in the script.

Never said it was Tutaminis.

Old Post May 8th, 2015 07:20 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Never said Luke deflecting lightning wasn't canon.

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Tutaminis is a pretty fun word to say, tho. It's retarded, but still fun to say. But yeah, hopefully Canon will come up with a better term.
They should just call it "badassery". thumb up

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 8th, 2015 07:22 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I certainly wouldn't complain if they did.

Old Post May 8th, 2015 07:26 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Yeah..

From ROTJ Script

From the ROTJ novel

From the ROTJ Jr novel

So...yeah, Sidious ramped up his Force Lighting at the end there to lethality.

Not definitive enough :hmm

Damn

Already knew he was ramping it up to a level that would be lethal to Luke there just from his words in the film, kind of annoying the script doesn't spell it out plainly.

Sidious, being more powerful than either Vader or Luke at this point anyway, doesn't necessarily need to hit his peak output to kill either and all :hmm

Anyway, back to finishing Spirit Tracks. Thanks for the posts and constructive discussion.

Old Post May 8th, 2015 08:42 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Anyway, back to finishing Spirit Tracks.
thumb up Good game.

Old Post May 8th, 2015 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Beniboybling
I certainly wouldn't complain if they did.

His/her skill with badassery was second to none; brushing of turbolasers as if they were nonexistent.

Last edited by FreshestSlice on May 8th, 2015 at 09:23 PM

Old Post May 8th, 2015 09:20 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

As pointed out, Luke didn't necessarily have to be using force absorption (I call it by it's original term) in order to resist or repel it. Anakin was able to resist prolonged attacks from Dooku before being KO'd, without knowing the technique.

I never thought he was going all out on Luke at any point, considering that when Vader lifted him, his skull was visible by the lightning attack, even underneath all that armor, whereas Luke's wasn't. Plus, if whatever technique Luke was using to deflect the attack was overwhelmed, then his skinned should have melted off or charred under a full attack. If you watch closely to the scene where Luke removes Vader's helmet, the arching part of the helmet is melted down.

Old Post May 8th, 2015 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by Beniboybling
thumb up Good game.

Could do without the Whip minigame though

Not horrendously difficult, but I lack depth perception, so I tend to make one or 2 **** ups that cost me the ****ing heart container by fractions of a second

Still, kind of par for the series and me. Always has one minigame per game I loathe.

That said, can't say there's a single game in the franchise I don't like, flaws and all.

EDIT - Taking a quick break WAS a good idea

Just beat got the damn thing on my first retry in 10 minutes :lmao

Last edited by ChaosTheory123 on May 8th, 2015 at 10:15 PM

Old Post May 8th, 2015 10:07 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red8

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I never thought he was going all out on Luke at any point, considering that when Vader lifted him, his skull was visible by the lightning attack, even underneath all that armor, whereas Luke's wasn't.

thumb up

Old Post May 9th, 2015 02:49 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

He was and his lightning was weak and couldn't fry Luke. He's a failure like Darth Bane

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on May 9th, 2015 at 03:00 AM

Old Post May 9th, 2015 02:56 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmos Supreme

This is why we can't have nice things ^

Old Post May 10th, 2015 01:29 AM
Click here to Send Kosmos Supreme a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmos Supreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote