KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » The Bible. Myth or Reality?

The Bible. Myth or Reality?
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bluewaterrider

Re: Re: Re: The Bible. Myth or Reality?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Greatest I am
One unproven claim is one thing.

Many unproven claim quite another and to claim we have to do what this unproven claim says we should is quite foolish. Right?

Especially when the same book making the claim says that the claim is unfathomable and unknowable as it tells you all it knows of the unknowable claim.

Do you see the utter stupidity in believing what itself says cannot be known?

Regards
DL

No, because I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to. Give a trace-able quote or something, please.

In the meantime, regarding that River Dolphin, please note the following:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...-extinct_2.html

While on that page, note also please that clicking on the photo now gives an error message.

Within time, I imagine the page itself will give a similar error ...

Old Post May 27th, 2015 03:58 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Bible. Myth or Reality?

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
No, because I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to. Give a trace-able quote or something, please.

In the meantime, regarding that River Dolphin, please note the following:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...-extinct_2.html

While on that page, note also please that clicking on the photo now gives an error message.

Within time, I imagine the page itself will give a similar error ...

If you have not heard that God is unknowable, unfathomable and works in mysterious ways then we have nothing to discuss.

https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/v...mcafee&tt=b

Regards
DL

Old Post May 27th, 2015 05:33 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Lets not do this here, or anywhere.

...Ever.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 27th, 2015 05:35 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Bible. Myth or Reality?

If you have not heard that God is unknowable, unfathomable and works in mysterious ways then we have nothing to discuss.

Regards
DL

On the contrary. We have a great deal to discuss. Mainly because what you're talking about is something you did NOT get from the Bible, rather you found something that seemed reasonably close and took the counterfeit as your guide.

Which is a far more widespread practice than most people realize.

Only a small amount of research is needed to discover that.

Here, one of the first hits you get from Google if you type in "works in mysterious ways" as a search item:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This particular phrase is not found anywhere in the Bible, although it is often misquoted as being a Bible verse. There are several ideas about where this saying grew from, one being a hymn written by William Cowper in the 19th century that says, "God moves in a mysterious ways; His wonders to perform; He plans His footsteps in the sea, and rides upon the storm." There are several verses that may seem to allude to this idea as well, including Romans 11:33: "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" (KJV)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/802/...le-phrases.html

Old Post May 27th, 2015 06:37 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Counterfeit? As if the bible was some how original.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 08:54 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Bible. Myth or Reality?

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
On the contrary. We have a great deal to discuss. Mainly because what you're talking about is something you did NOT get from the Bible, rather you found something that seemed reasonably close and took the counterfeit as your guide.

Which is a far more widespread practice than most people realize.

Only a small amount of research is needed to discover that.

Here, one of the first hits you get from Google if you type in "works in mysterious ways" as a search item:

This particular phrase is not found anywhere in the Bible, although it is often misquoted as being a Bible verse. There are several ideas about where this saying grew from, one being a hymn written by William Cowper in the 19th century that says, "God moves in a mysterious ways; His wonders to perform; He plans His footsteps in the sea, and rides upon the storm." There are several verses that may seem to allude to this idea as well, including Romans 11:33: "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" (KJV)

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/802/...le-phrases.html

So give us one item that you know as a fact is a characteristic or attribute of God and we can go from there.

Regards
DL

Old Post May 28th, 2015 02:25 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

God is unknowable. But somehow there are so many people who know all about God. I think they know nothing.

Old Post May 28th, 2015 03:47 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
God is unknowable. But somehow there are so many people who know all about God. I think they know nothing.

What they have is what I call speculative nonsense.

Regards
DL

Old Post May 28th, 2015 05:24 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I guess not.

Regards
DL
You seem pretty weird, guy.

Old Post May 28th, 2015 08:34 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by quanchi112

Personal attacks? You don't have a point? I think that's weird of you.

Old Post May 28th, 2015 08:48 PM
Greatest I am

Originally posted by quanchi112

Yes, it is weird to see a man with morals trying to teach them to immoral Christians whose morals have been corrupted by their religions.

Regards
DL

Old Post May 29th, 2015 02:46 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well we better all HOPE it is not reality. Can you imagine how horrible the reality we live in would be if it was? I can't imagine anything worse and I can imagine a whole lot of messed up stuff.

Old Post May 29th, 2015 05:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Surtur
Well we better all HOPE it is not reality. Can you imagine how horrible the reality we live in would be if it was? I can't imagine anything worse and I can imagine a whole lot of messed up stuff.

Hope is not required. Christian mythology is not to be taken literally. Because in a literal since, it might as well be unicorns dancing in the spring time.

Old Post May 29th, 2015 08:11 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

It's not dancing, but it seems like it might be spring time.

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 29th, 2015 08:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Robtard
It's not dancing, but it seems like it might be spring time.

(please log in to view the image)

That is not a unicorn!

Old Post May 29th, 2015 08:59 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hope is not required. Christian mythology is not to be taken literally. Because in a literal since, it might as well be unicorns dancing in the spring time.

Yes, but even today we have grown adults who do take it as 100% true. I've mentioned this in other threads, but we've had certain senators, etc. in the government admit they are creationists. That means they think people and dinosaurs co existing was a thing. They believe the Earth is only around 6,000 years old despite there being things even in the US that have been found to date back at least 8,000 years.

I've never actually asked a Creationist what they believe truly killed the dinosaurs then. I'd be curious to know, since it obviously wasn't a meteor then if the human race survived it.

Old Post May 29th, 2015 09:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Surtur
Yes, but even today we have grown adults who do take it as 100% true. I've mentioned this in other threads, but we've had certain senators, etc. in the government admit they are creationists. That means they think people and dinosaurs co existing was a thing. They believe the Earth is only around 6,000 years old despite there being things even in the US that have been found to date back at least 8,000 years.

I've never actually asked a Creationist what they believe truly killed the dinosaurs then. I'd be curious to know, since it obviously wasn't a meteor then if the human race survived it.

There are stupid people all over the world.

Old Post May 29th, 2015 09:32 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

That is not a unicorn!

noun uni·corn \ˈyü-nə-ˌkȯrn\

having a single horn or hornlike process

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 29th, 2015 09:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Robtard
noun uni·corn \ˈyü-nə-ˌkȯrn\

having a single horn or hornlike process

u·ni·corn
a mythical animal typically represented as a horse with a single straight horn projecting from its forehead.

Old Post May 29th, 2015 11:21 PM
Greatest I am

Unicorns are real. I swear it.

Send your check or money order to ---------

Regards
DL

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 02:24 PM