KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (70): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sinious
The entire franchise became a disappointment for KOTOR fans when it was turned into an MMO, then it became a disappointment for MMO fans when it came out, then it turned into a bigger failure with SoR and now this? erm

NB4 Valkorion is actually half of Vitiate's soul that ran off with his true body, and that's why Vitiate is stuck in spirit form, reducing Vitiate's character to Gollum.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 05:15 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Behold swtards, a monument to your sins.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 05:16 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

thumb up

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 05:44 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

People disliked SOR that much? Really?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 05:53 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

For good reason. Revan splitting into two? That the sorta fan fiction a ten year old comes up with. Absolutely terrible. But really, it's par for the course for SWTOR which has pretty much been nothing but bad writing.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 05:58 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by ares834
For good reason. Revan splitting into two? That the sorta fan fiction a ten year old comes up with. Absolutely terrible. But really, it's par for the course for SWTOR which has pretty much been nothing but bad writing.

Star Wars is full of themes of duality. I'm not saying it was executed well, but I don't think it was executed that badly either. And it's not like Revan has ever been some wonderfully deeply written character either.

Eh, disagree, at least where Class stories come in. Those are mostly good writing imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 06:00 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It was a character's spirit literally splitting in two. It wasn't merely executed bad it was an absolutely garbage idea.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 06:03 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It was a character's spirit literally splitting in two. It wasn't merely executed bad it was an absolutely garbage idea.

I played SOR; I saw what happened. Not being snippy, just saying I saw it too.

I don't agree it was a garbage idea, especially seeing as they haven't elaborated fully on it yet. I think it's too early to judge, even as a concept.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 06:05 AM
LadyKulvax

I imagine it was the climax of his dual personalities story that he has had since the Council programmed his mind, still a terrible idea though.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 06:06 AM
Click here to Send LadyKulvax a Private Message Find more posts by LadyKulvax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

And I'm saying there is simply no way writing like this can be justified. None.

And this new expansion looks just as bad. Although, I will admit, I'm glad to see them being creative. Shame they weren't when they first made SWTOR.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 06:09 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

And I'm saying there is simply no way writing like this can be justified. None.

And this new expansion looks just as bad. Although, I will admit, I'm glad to see them being creative. Shame they weren't when they first made SWTOR.

That's making the assumption that it's bad writing. You think it is, I don't think it is, so we're sort of stuck on that.

I think we really need more details before we judge it too harshly. I personally would have preferred some content post 60 that was actually concerning the republic and empire actually fighting each other, but if they do this well, then I'll be fine with it. Even the unlikely but oft-rumoured cross-faction play, if that comes to fruition, might be interesting.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 06:11 AM
LadyKulvax

Bioware's SWTOR has the creativity of an American remake, almost all of their ideas can be sourced to something else in Star Wars lore.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 06:11 AM
Click here to Send LadyKulvax a Private Message Find more posts by LadyKulvax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by -Pr-
That's making the assumption that it's bad writing. You think it is, I don't think it is, so we're sort of stuck on that.

I think we really need more details before we judge it too harshly. I personally would have preferred some content post 60 that was actually concerning the republic and empire actually fighting each other, but if they do this well, then I'll be fine with it. Even the unlikely but oft-rumoured cross-faction play, if that comes to fruition, might be interesting.

It's not an assumption it's an opinion.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 06:14 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's not an assumption it's an opinion.

Fair enough.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 06:48 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

@Ares

You're exaggerating a little bit. Some of the class stories were pretty decent and keep in mind that these are MMO stories not movie/novel stories. The fact that they spent so much time on storyline is appreciable.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 07:58 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by -Pr-
Eh, disagree, at least where Class stories come in. Those are mostly good writing imo.

thumb up

The base game of Swtor was mostly good imo.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jun 14th, 2015 at 10:24 AM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 10:18 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm still wondering how the writing team ran out of material so fast, they had to introduce a 3rd faction that defeats both the sith and jedi.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 11:15 AM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

God this is actually for real isn't it...

So I'm guessing this is BioWare's way of giving a canon end to the Great Galactic War?

WTF is the Eternal Throne?!

And does this mean SWTOR 1.0 is finished?

The funny thing is, this sounds somewhat similar to the crazy ass stuff that appeared on Reddit a while back, and everyone believed was false:

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comme...uture_of_swtor/

:mmm:

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 12:10 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 12:59 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Valkorion > Sidious tho.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 01:13 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote