KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy VII Remake

Final Fantasy VII Remake
Started by: AuraAngel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Think it looks great.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 09:59 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Thanks for the spoiler.
I'd edit it, but 15 minute limit.

Should be raised to at least an hour.

I don't think Raz realized just how small of a time limit 15 minutes is.

Guess I gotta wait for Imp to delete my post.

Also, you've posted spoilers without spoiler tags, so try not being a hypocrite.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 10:00 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I think this game is old enough to where spoilers aren't really an issue.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 10:12 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Thank you, Backfire. I'll be sure to slide you a sandwich when you're under my bed tonight.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 11:14 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by BackFire
I think this game is old enough to where spoilers aren't really an issue.
Considering remakes are partially meant to attract new gamers to play a game that for whatever reason they couldn't/didn't play, spoilers should be treated as carefully as with new games imo.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 11:27 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I don't agree. I don't think the FFVII remake is meant to attract new gamers so much as it's meant to capitalize on nostalgia and get people who played it and loved it to play it again.

If a game is as old as FFVII, and as renowned and you haven't played it yet and are in a thread about it or the remake and get something spoiled then you only really have yourself to blame. Enter threads like this that may have people talking about old storylines at your own risk.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 11:46 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

It wasn't a irrelevant spoiler either, it was a fundamental revelation about none other than the main protagonist, but w/e.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I'd edit it, but 15 minute limit.

Should be raised to at least an hour.

I don't think Raz realized just how small of a time limit 15 minutes is.

Guess I gotta wait for Imp to delete my post.

Also, you've posted spoilers without spoiler tags, so try not being a hypocrite.
Yeah, that sucks.

He doesn't have to delete it.

When did I do that?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 11:54 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Cloud looks a bit weird and those sunglasses Barret wears are silly.

That aside considering this is remake of an 18/19 year old game that has a movie, which also spoils plot details, talking about it is fair game IMO.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 01:01 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Apparently the game is going to be released in multiple parts, essentially being episodic.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12...57531c20e00000b

Lot of people are upset about this, understandably so. If each "part" is a full price game then that will end up costing players $180+ to play the full experience. It also means it'll probably take a lonnnnng time before the full story is told.

On the plus side, this hopefully means that the first part will be released sooner rather than later. Also this could mean the quality of the full product is better as a whole because they will have a longer amount of time to work on the product. Rather than trying to get the whole thing done in a few years, and inevitably rushing/removing aspects because of time restraints, now they won't really need to do that, hopefully.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 03:35 AM
Arachnid1

Apparently the game is going to be released in multiple parts, essentially being episodic.

Lot of people are upset about this, understandably so. If each "part" is a full price game then that will end up costing players $180+ to play the full experience. It also means it'll probably take a lonnnnng time before the full story is told.

On the plus side, this hopefully means that the first part will be released sooner rather than later. Also this could mean the quality of the full product is better as a whole because they will have a longer amount of time to work on the product. Rather than trying to get the whole thing done in a few years, and inevitably rushing/removing aspects because of time restraints, now they won't really need to do that, hopefully.
Interest just flatlined.

Man, I hate the rise of episodic games.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 04:03 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'll just wait for the full version thanks.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Dec 7th, 2015 at 04:30 AM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 04:16 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Is this a Ground Zeroes thing because it sounds a lot like that practice.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 04:46 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

That sounds like absolute fail no expression

If that's how you'd release a Chrono Trigger remake SE, you can keep it.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 06:08 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Yeah this makes it seem like Square Enix is in too big of a hurry or they're putting too much on Nomura's back. He's being asked to work on one of the most anticipated 3rd games in history(KHIII) and faithfully remake the most significant JRPG of all time at once. So this is Square desperately trying to squeeze the VII cow for milk ASAP and a creative director trying to do this in a manner that doesn't involve waiting 10 years like the other project he is working on. Yikes.

Not that I'm against episodic games but the question becomes how much content can each episode cover and how much each episode is worth. If episode 1 is, say, all of Midgar then that is a pretty nice chunk. But if it is literally the tutorial level, then that is a paltry amount and this game would take actual ages to be the equivalent to the old game.

Part of me also wonders if this is a method to getting around having a big over world. Such a thing is super costly and it hasn't been Square's preferred way of doing things in a while. VII has hallway syndrome in Midgar but that is an intentional design choice. If you take out the over world you lose a lot of thematic meaning.

I am sorta optimistic in that Nomura seems to get Cloud as a character, at least as he is in FFVII. Barret...well we'll see if they have the guts to have him say stuff like "Well to me it looks like a golden shiny wire of hope."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 11:22 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by AuraAngel
He's being asked to work on one of the most anticipated 3rd games in history(KHIII) and faithfully remake the most significant JRPG of all time at once.

You lost me here, he's also remaking Dragon Quest?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 08:06 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

ohhhhhh well done mate

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 01:26 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Bentley
You lost me here, he's also remaking Dragon Quest?

"significant", not "most utterly irrelevant" JRPG.

I actually know nothing about Dragon Quest except that Kishi liked it and it is pretty popular. Enough to get a ton of sequels.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 12:53 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by AuraAngel
"significant", not "most utterly irrelevant" JRPG.

I actually know nothing about Dragon Quest except that Kishi liked it and it is pretty popular. Enough to get a ton of sequels.

It's pretty much the first JRPG series in the proper sense. Arguably it never caught up on the West because each game was ported too late and the game were no longer as groundbreaking.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 06:55 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Ah I see. That's pretty cool. Nice to learn more history.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 08:46 AM
Quincy
Debaser

Hey Bent, what would you consider the greatest Dragon Quest game?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 01:04 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote