KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » New Co-Admin

New Co-Admin
Started by: Raz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

A few people run around here and try to uphold this place for Raz, which I wonder why cause the activity has dropped off due to these recent incidents.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2016 04:16 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea right, this place worth 6 digitslaughing out loud Keep dreaming.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 06:12 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why are some forums moderated like the GDF for aggressive posting but the rest of the forum is not?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 04:03 PM
Raisen

ush closed "different forum moderation for different forums" and said pm him instead.

then he doesn't respond to pm's and just closes threads indiscriminately. is he the highest ranking guy now?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 08:35 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nothing was closed indiscriminately- that's literally the opposite of what happened. They were closed very specifically.

If you are not answered when PMing a mod, it is likely because you are merely being a nuisance. You have no right to a reply, and the fact remains that you do not discuss such things on the boards.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 08:38 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

i wasn't trying to be annoying in my pm at all. i asked for consideration.
this is a forum where we are supposed to exchange our ideas and ideas will be different. all sides bash eachother but consistently only a certain set of ideals is shut down.
i'm trying to understand it. we have freedom of speech on a forum don't we? yet you reply as if certain ideals are a nuisance and refuse to even engage in dialogue.
i won't say more on this matter. i have no way of conversing with you it seems. via pm or the boards. so i won't address this subject again

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 08:54 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I wouldn't know what you did or did not put in PM- I never got one from you.

But my reasoning for closing those threads has been explained, your idea that one side is being shut out for its beliefs is wrong- it's behaviour that is the issue- your invocation of 'freedom of speech' to mean 'I can go to a private forum and constantly harass and make personal insults at other members' is entirely mistaken and the idea that you are even remotely interested in dialogue as opposed to simple hectoring and posturing is not born out by your posting behaviour.

There are plenty of people with your ideals here who do not constantly attack others and who do not constantly turn threads into vapid, hate-filled battlegrounds. Look to your own actions for the solution, don't go blaming others because you have been called out on it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 09:03 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raisen
we have freedom of speech on a forum don't we?

No.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 09:05 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Ushgarak
I wouldn't know what you did or did not put in PM- I never got one from you.

But my reasoning for closing those threads has been explained, your idea that one side is being shut out for its beliefs is wrong- it's behaviour that is the issue- your invocation of 'freedom of speech' to mean 'I can go to a private forum and constantly harass and make personal insults at other members' is entirely mistaken and the idea that you are even remotely interested in dialogue as opposed to simple hectoring and posturing is not born out by your posting behaviour.

There are plenty of people with your ideals here who do not constantly attack others and who do not constantly turn threads into vapid, hate-filled battlegrounds. Look to your own actions for the solution, don't go blaming others because you have been called out on it.

i just looked at my outbox and the message i tried to send to you went to darthborgie. as a matter of fact, everytime i try to look at a persons profile it goes to darthborgie. what the hell is going on?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 09:06 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

And who made made you an admin to decide that Burdock? I love how he comes in here and tells us free speech is not allowed. This isn't Germany btw.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 09:06 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
And who made made you an admin to decide that Burdock? I love how he comes in here and tells us free speech is not allowed. This isn't Germany btw.

Well there's two reasons 1) I have been on these boards a while and have had discussions about this with mods previously and 2) it's a fundamental misunderstanding of what freedom of speech is. Your right to freedom of speech protects you from government making laws to limit your rights to expression, it does not at all have anything to do with privately owned establishments or platforms (like KMC)...

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 09:10 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Bardock42
Well there's two reasons 1) I have been on these boards a while and have had discussions about this with mods previously and 2) it's a fundamental misunderstanding of what freedom of speech is. Your right to freedom of speech protects you from government making laws to limit your rights to expression, it does not at all have anything to do with privately owned establishments or platforms (like KMC)...

but kmc is a major contributor to hillary. i've seen raz at hillary rallies too.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 09:12 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial

Right, see that 'this isn't Germany' nonsense right there? That kind of thing is exactly what is getting your threads closed- and don't try to pretend it's in jest; you've been far too serious about that sort of thing.

As it is, he's pretty much correct. You don't have an absolute freedom of speech here; you aren't in public. This is someone else's house. You play by the host's rules. If you do not like the rules, you have an absolute freedom to go elsewhere that allows what we do not.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 09:14 PM
Raisen

ush. did you see what i said about darthborgie? this happened after i tried to view slay's web page. now i can't send pm to the right person

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 09:18 PM
Bardock42

There's been similar problems with people being unable to access profiles or whole forums. For some people it helps to clear their cache or alternatively switch browsers. Though perhaps that will not be helping in this case.

You can report your problem in this thread, and hopefully it can be fixed next time Raz is around: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f13/t613588.html

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 09:22 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Right, see that 'this isn't Germany' nonsense right there? That kind of thing is exactly what is getting your threads closed- and don't try to pretend it's in jest; you've been far too serious about that sort of thing.

As it is, he's pretty much correct. You don't have an absolute freedom of speech here; you aren't in public. This is someone else's house. You play by the host's rules. If you do not like the rules, you have an absolute freedom to go elsewhere that allows what we do not.

I was laughing when I said this isn't Germany though, and repeating it just made me laugh again.

Last edited by Time-Immemorial on Mar 12th, 2016 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 09:41 PM
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
There's been similar problems with people being unable to access profiles or whole forums. For some people it helps to clear their cache or alternatively switch browsers. Though perhaps that will not be helping in this case.

You can report your problem in this thread, and hopefully it can be fixed next time Raz is around: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f13/t613588.html

Although it should be mentioned you shouldn't hope for anything. The admin has basically abandoned these forums.

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Mar 13th, 2016 12:55 PM
JKBart is currently offline Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

He abandoned the forums and the mods close all the threads that have activity cause they deem it a nuisance. because donuts. The person who owns this place does not care about this place, why should anyone else?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2016 01:54 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Raz is mind-controlling the mods.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2016 10:33 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Appears to be

Old Post Mar 15th, 2016 03:47 PM