KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Ranking the Criminal Underworld....

Ranking the Criminal Underworld....
Started by: Zenwolf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

Ranking the Criminal Underworld....

So curious folks, how does the list of the various Criminal Underworld factions go?

At the top is of course the Black Sun, straightforward it's literally inside the galaxy, everywhere possible, involved in all manner of things and cemented as the most powerful Crime Organization in the galaxy thanks to Prince Xizor up until his untimely death.

But where would the others rank?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:04 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'd disagree about the Black Sun being #1. The Shadow Collective took over the Black Sun, 2000 systems, and almost overcame the Separatist Army IIRC

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:08 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

BioWare really hyped up the Hutts as their own faction really, that both the Emprie and Republic needed help from.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:10 PM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

The Hutts were also a big deal in the Clone Wars, due to the amount of Hutt controlled space, and Maul got them in the Shadow Collective for a while there. I'm still holding Shadow Collective at #1.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:12 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'd disagree about the Black Sun being #1. The Shadow Collective took over the Black Sun, 2000 systems, and almost overcame the Separatist Army IIRC

I'm speaking of Legends really, in which the Black Sun is number 1. Black Sun surpassed pretty much all including the Hutts thanks to Xizor.

Canon sure I can see the Shadow Collective, but including Legends I don't think so.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:23 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Even in legends the Shadow Collective absorbed the Black Sun and took over 2000 systems via Mandalore.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:26 PM
Zenwolf

Even in legends the Shadow Collective absorbed the Black Sun and took over 2000 systems via Mandalore.

Right but this wasn't peak Black Sun anyway, peak Black Sun under Xizor is still the most powerful crime syndicate in the galaxy.

Plus I'm not really counting the Shadow, because it wasn't really a Criminal Organization that did things such as gun running, smuggling, extortion and what not. All it was, was just a collective in order to garnder Sidious' attention and bring Maul back to him.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jun 17th, 2015 at 08:32 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:28 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Ah, I suppose that's fair then.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:29 PM
ares834

Depends what is considered "criminal underground" and what isn't. I doubt there is much that can stand against the Hutt Empire during its heyday.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:31 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ares834
Depends what is considered "criminal underground" and what isn't. I doubt there is much that can stand against the Hutt Empire during its heyday.

Ya know, smuggling, gun running, drugs, extortion, bribery, information gathering, black market trading, assassination, political corruption, etc so on and so forth.

If it helps here's the list as I see it to rank

Black Sun

Hutt Cartel

The Exchange

Zann Cosortium

Czerka

Those guys.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:33 PM
ares834

Hutt Empire sounds like a good bet then.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:35 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Hutt Empire sounds like a good bet then.

Ok so Hutts for 2nd, I was kinda thinking that too.

But anyone want to challenge this?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:37 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I'd say the Zann Consortium actually considering that after the deaths of Xizor and Jabba, they practically took control of the underworld, and possessed fleets that could challenge both the Empire and Rebellion, as well as the employ of some of the best bounty hunters in the business.

The Hutt Cartel would certainly be second to them however, and #2 before they arrived. If not #1 during the Old Republic era.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:39 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The Hutt Empire was the biggest power around for awhile. I'd put it well above the Black Sun.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:39 PM
Zenwolf

The Hutt Empire was the biggest power around for awhile. I'd put it well above the Black Sun.

Except at the height of the Black Sun, it already surpassed the Hutts. Plus the Hutt Empire didn't have the scope of the Black Sun anyway.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:41 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

*Cartel

Sure, but they never reached the scope and influence that the Black Sun did.

I'd suggest you read Wolf's respect thread tbh:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/wo...ack-sun/100142/

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:43 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I believe he's referring to the Hutt Empire, which was the major Galactic power at some point prior to the formation of the republic.

I myself am unsure that would actually qualify as a criminal syndicate however.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:52 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Except at the height of the Black Sun, it already surpassed the Hutts.

Sure. And at the time the Hutt’s weren’t in their heyday.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
*Cartel

Sure, but they never reached the scope and influence that the Black Sun did.

I'd suggest you read Wolf's respect thread tbh:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/wo...ack-sun/100142/

No. The Hutt Empire. And they didn’t need influence, they were the dominant power in the galaxy for a while.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:52 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

How is the Hutt Empire a criminal syndicate?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:54 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I myself am unsure that would actually qualify as a criminal syndicate however.
The Hutt Empire was not a criminal organisation, in any way, so no.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:55 PM