KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Trackdown

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Trackdown
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

"Did you win your war?"

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2015 06:33 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

"Of course we did," Xavier replies.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2015 07:01 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

"He was controlling Galder's body, which means he was able to fight with Galder's skill. And unfortunately that idiot is a bit better at fighting than I am."

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 4th, 2015 03:36 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

"Yeah that's also why we need the extra help. Galder maybe a little nut but he is good at killing things."

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 01:51 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

"Getting killed by Galder is luckily still a bit off, we should see how we can get into the position to be killed by him.

I guess Azarl, Rianna and I (people with Jedi Lore) could research some about this Rallo, although he might not have made much of an impression on history the way you guys talk. But maybe we find a lead about his time anyways."

He looks at Xavier then at Relle

"Since you two can't read it would probably be best if you look into a way to track Dak's ship.

Unless we have better ideas?"

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 07:37 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

"I can read just fine Con," Xavier points out Con he does have Jedi Lore.

"Still our skills could probably be better used tracking down Dak's ship," Xavier replies.

Xavier wants gather any information he can on the Bureau's network and how they use to track down ships.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 05:03 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Jedi Lore would definitely come in handy sussing more about Rallo's time period. While not a big name in his day, you could draw some associations with his contemporary Sith overseers and go from there, potentially.

Lacking extensive resources here on Epireus for that sort of research, you need to use general knowledge from your past studies, or you can figure out a resource you could gain access to.

Either would come down to Jedi Lore rolls. Pros and cons to both.

-

Xavier- the Epireus group knows about the Bureau network better than most, having survived a handful of encounters with them. It is a network of planetary relays and satellites throughout Republic space, detecting ships by their transponder codes (or entire lack thereof).

Here, the challenge would be figuring out how to make use of it. You can't imagine the Bureau would let you borrow it for just a moment.

You do have the Black Dawn's transponder codes already, from Dak himself.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jul 7th, 2015 at 04:13 PM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 04:11 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I assume we could manually hook into the network if we managed to get to one of the satellites? Of course we want to make sure they can't get a record of Dak's Transponder code while we do it.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 04:43 PM
HereticalDruid

What kind of pros and cons? Azarl has the highest Jedi Lore of those playing.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 05:27 PM
HereticalDruid is currently offline Click here to Send HereticalDruid a Private Message Find more posts by HereticalDruid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Working with what you already have is safe but limited.

Finding an outside resource gives you more information but may require leaving Epireus.

Also, the more people working on Jedi Lore, the better the results. But you cannot do anything else during this period.

--

Xavier- that would mean hunting around for a satellite inside Republic space. That could take time, which risks discovery.

A rudimentary Fix-It check for technical knowledge tells you that the Bureau could probably cut the satellite out of the network if it appeared compromised.

A planetary relay would work better...

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 10:20 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HereticalDruid

We commit to figuring out stuff about where (when?) Rallo comes from or we do other stuff. Got it.

Anyone want to join Azarl in working on that? We should probably figure out what else needs to be done so we don't overcommit on Jedi history time.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 12:09 AM
HereticalDruid is currently offline Click here to Send HereticalDruid a Private Message Find more posts by HereticalDruid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Could Xavier find relays that closer to the fringe of Republic space?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 08:04 PM
Peach
mordrem

What was the planet we were on with the Dugs and stuff? Where Xavier sliced and diced the transponder tower? I remember that being not too far from Epireus; if they fixed their stuff that could be a possibility.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 10:37 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You imagine you could, Xavier!

Rianna- you're referring to Newhaven, and it's a no-go. The Bureau upped their presence in the system (read as: more patrol cruisers, more Osokan teams) and began providing direct funding to the Dug militias (read as: more Dugs armed with more and bigger guns, addition of a fleet squadron of starfighters and other planetary defenses).

Last edited by REXXXX on Jul 8th, 2015 at 11:30 PM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 11:24 PM
b1plusb2

I think Newhaven was before my time?

Relle has lots of useful tactical skills but she's not great at research in any direction... but maybe the Fellowship can help her in some way? She will see if her assassin friend Graf wants to join in the hunt.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 01:12 AM
b1plusb2 is currently offline Click here to Send b1plusb2 a Private Message Find more posts by b1plusb2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HereticalDruid

Yeah we joined after that, Relle.

Anyone going to help Azarl with Jedi Lore research? I don't want to make the decision alone.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 01:18 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier will try to find one of those planets. One that is far enough away from Eperius and hopefully less guarded.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 03:56 AM
Peach
mordrem

Newhaven was a mess that included such fun as the Friendship Circle, shoplifting in an intergalactic Home Depot, and pondering the possibilities of Dug skin disguises. It was, um, interesting. And a long time ago.

Rianna can help with the research. She's not bad with Jedi Lore, plus she knows about how Rallo got trapped, which may be useful in pinpointing more info.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 04:00 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Two for Sith research class! Just need a decision if you're leaving Epireus or staying on it for this.

Xavier- it will be Savoir-Faire to start browsing for fringe Republic worlds that have Bureau presence.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jul 9th, 2015 at 04:38 AM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 04:29 AM
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by REXXXX
Savoir-Faire

Oh really....perhaps Con can be of some assistance!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 06:41 AM