KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Batman (2022)

The Batman (2022)
Started by: Senor Cage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (82): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Arrow Ben Affleck/Geoff Johns to do solo Batman movie

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 10:46 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Hope it's true. Affleck's will most likely direct the movie and he's becoming a great story teller. And you already know I like the idea of someone like Geoff Johns being involved in all DC movie projects. Gives that sense of cohesion in the DCCU and that strong connection to the source material.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 10:51 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Whattttttttttttt that's rad

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 10:52 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Geoff... Eh...

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 11:00 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Batffleck Forever

That's the running title.

Then Batffleck & Robin

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 11:07 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

We literally just ended the damn Batman trilogy a few years ago.

I like Batman, but I'll be damned if there aren't other characters I'd much rather prefer to see in a solo movie. Batman has had his time to shine a billion times over.

I get the feeling that maybe this IS about Afleck directing. Not just a Batman movie, but maybe future DC movies..and the eventual Justice League movie, etc. If that is the plan and this solo movie is a sort of test run for him to see how he handles a super hero film..well, I guess it is not so bad.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 01:52 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
We literally just ended the damn Batman trilogy a few years ago.

I like Batman, but I'll be damned if there aren't other characters I'd much rather prefer to see in a solo movie. Batman has had his time to shine a billion times over.

I get the feeling that maybe this IS about Afleck directing. Not just a Batman movie, but maybe future DC movies..and the eventual Justice League movie, etc. If that is the plan and this solo movie is a sort of test run for him to see how he handles a super hero film..well, I guess it is not so bad.

It's been nearly 4 years since the Nolan trilogy and if this new batman film is released in 2018, that's going to add to the time since Nolan's trilogy came out. Not to mention, WB is giving more solo characters the spotlight.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 02:36 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

court of owls, please

regardless this bat fanatic will be seeing

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 04:16 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by ares834
Geoff... Eh...

Based on how he writes Wonder Woman?

Smh...its a Batman movie this is jeez.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 07:20 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

No, rather based on the fact I'm not a big fan of most of his comics...

He is decent, not great.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 07:23 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I guess IYO after all

from that things i've read of his work he's a good writer.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jul 10th, 2015 at 07:32 AM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 07:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I dig his Green Lantern work

It's pretty cool that they have a real comic hands on guy for it

Sig by Scribble

Last edited by Quincy on Jul 10th, 2015 at 12:15 PM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 12:06 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kazenji
I guess IYO after all

from that things i've read of his work he's a good writer.

Yeah and it's not just that. DC don't have their own studio and WB don't have a Feige for. So having someone like Geoff Johns working/consulting on the movies give the DC movies that connection to the source material with a level of cohesion throughout the films.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 03:54 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

So, he's going to be working on Wonder Woman, now this. I guess your wish came true, Darth. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 04:02 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zack M
It's been nearly 4 years since the Nolan trilogy and if this new batman film is released in 2018, that's going to add to the time since Nolan's trilogy came out. Not to mention, WB is giving more solo characters the spotlight.

If they are giving more solo characters the spot light why is Batman being given another solo one?

I also wonder if they will do to him what they did to Superman: shove a bunch of other heroes in there like Wonder Woman, etc.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 04:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

If they are giving more solo characters the spot light why is Batman being given another solo one?

I also wonder if they will do to him what they did to Superman: shove a bunch of other heroes in there like Wonder Woman, etc.

Because he's Batman. An integral part of the universe, with an endless buffet line of amazing stories to adapt.

They've already stated Superman will get his own individual sequel. Keep the faith, Surts. Movie hasn't even come out yet, perhaps the addition of other heroes amplifies the story. Much like it would a comic book.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 05:43 PM
Senor Cage

They're giving all the JL members solo movies. Batman is a no brainer.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 05:50 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zack M
So, he's going to be working on Wonder Woman, now this. I guess your wish came true, Darth. stick out tongue

cool

Old Post Jul 11th, 2015 12:05 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Darth Thor
cool

don't tell golgo lmao

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 11th, 2015 04:20 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Hey, Imp, if you're around, can you retitle this thread as Batman (2018)

didn't wanna make a new one, this is close enough.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2016 07:30 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote