KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » The Killing Joke

The Killing Joke
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
I wouldn't, but if you do, skip the first half hour. Do yourself a favour.

i bought it and watched..... definitely the graphic novel is way better

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 04:24 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

thumb up

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 01:24 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Seems like DC & Warners recent rotten luck with features has now crept over to their animated ones.

They put in this brand new, early extra half hour devoted to Barbara as Batgirl which has nothing to do with the rest of the plot - this is the Joker's story, not hers - just to try & get around the fact she becomes the typical 'Woman In Refrigerator' later. They failed, because it doesn't change what Joker does later. It's like they were trying to apologize for it in advance of something.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 14th, 2016 03:33 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Rented it. Didn't mind the first 20mins everyone's complaining about.

Also what happened at the end? Was thinking either [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Joker got Batman with his laughing gas, or Batman went slightly mad before killing J

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 07:44 AM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 07:42 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Rented it.

Dude, it's 2016.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 08:39 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Plenty of places still have movie rental places.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 09:33 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Digital rent. Why would I buy it when the reviews from fans haven't exactly been spectacular?

Trying to stop illegal downloads. Digital Renting's the way to go.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 02:51 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Kazenji
Plenty of places still have movie rental places.

Really? Can't recall last time I saw one. They're going out of business left and right.

Digital rent. Why would I buy it when the reviews from fans haven't exactly been spectacular?

Ah. Digital rent. Now you 2016'd me laughing out loud

Trying to stop illegal downloads. Digital Renting's the way to go.

Whatever makes you feel better and sleep at night, DT. But stop deluding yourself.

--
It's a shame TKJ didn't live up to its hype. Still need to see it, but damn, everyone keeps saying the same thing.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 05:53 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

The opening 25 minutes were bland, not exactly terrible (except for the sudden batsex scene that came out of nowhere), but they seemed like the prologue to an entirely different story - here they came across as pointless filler. It's unfortunately pretty typical of current writers to stick in this sort of by-the-numbers back story even where it isn't in any way required.

I noticed amongst the various reviews that some female reviewers complained Batgirl doesn't have a strong enough part, entirely missing the point that it wasn't in any way a Batgirl story, it's about Batman and Joker. The prologue didn't help with that.

TKJ isn't at all one of my favorite Alan Moore stories or DC stories, but I think it could have been done better than this. I haven't been impressed with a lot of the DC animated fare since the nDCU came in.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 12:58 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I know it has a bad rep for not matching the original, but I liked it.

Wish Marvel could get back into the animation game. They're so far behind DC in that department, it's not even funny.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2016 04:45 AM