KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wolverine vs Deathstroke

Wolverine vs Deathstroke
Started by: HulkIsHulk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

How do you know it's not operating?

As per interview, the uniform hardens. What makes you think it wasn't operating? Hence why I brought up the shield.... grabbing it doesn't mean you can Pierce it.

Superman fingers on his neck doesn't mean his fingers we're penetrating his neck lol.

I mean,grab your neck. Doesn't mean your fingers are able to Pierce your neck, lol. Imagine you have super hard skin (like some kind of super uniform). Grabbing your neck doesn't mean you can Pierce it....

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 06:05 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
How do you know it's not operating?
As per interview, the uniform hardens. What makes you think it wasn't operating? Hence why I brought up the shield.... grabbing it doesn't mean you can Pierce it.

URK !!!

It doesn't matter how much you want to twist the interview, we clearly see that the uniform doesn't affect Superman grabbing DS, even if your argument is that the uniform becomes "harder" by opposion to the Gravity Sheathe which push away the incoming attacks, Wolverine's Adamantium Claws will bypass it.

[b](please log in to view the image)

quote:
Superman fingers on his neck doesn't mean his fingers we're penetrating his neck lol.

I've never said that they penetrated the neck.

I've said that the Gravity Sheathe wasn't activated by the pressure of the fingers which will be the same with Wolverine's Claws.

That's demonstrated on panel.

quote:
I mean,grab your neck. Doesn't mean your fingers are able to Pierce your neck, lol. Imagine you have super hard skin (like some kind of super uniform). Grabbing your neck doesn't mean you can Pierce it....

That's not the argument I am making.

You are on Strawman Spree. Don't stop now. thumb up

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 06:41 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yes,but writer interview clearly state it's the uniform that hardens. I'm not twisting the interview.

Grabbing does not equal stabbing. You're the one using a strawman lol.

Being able to grab it,and bypassing the sheathe,does not mean stabbing would also bypass the sheathe.

You're really reaching here.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 06:45 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Forget about the claws.

Wolverine simply chokes Slade to death.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 06:49 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Whilst Slade has his unbreakable sword, staff (which affects Superman) and Cap level stats?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 06:57 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Statement of having Cap lv physicals, but no feats to back it up.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 06:59 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I'd say having a sub dropped on him,catching speedsters etc for someone who doesn't have as many appearances as Cappy,as being pretty in the ballpark.

Why, what showing of his makes you think he's NOT on that level?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 07:12 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

What speedsters he caught?

First he got a reboot slap from Flashpoint, now Rebirth... he's a featless baby, craving for attention (so he gets that godmode suit).

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 07:16 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes,but writer interview clearly state it's the uniform that hardens.

I have no problem with the uniform hardening, however it's on you to prove that it becomes harder than Wolverine's Adamantium Claws.

quote:
I'm not twisting the interview.

You are trying to make the costume hardening pass for the Ikon Suit activating.

quote:
Grabbing does not equal stabbing.

I've never said that Wolverine would stab DS, again I am saying that he just needs to push his claws through Slade which will have the same effect than a Hot Knife Going Through Butter.

quote:
You're the one using a strawman lol.

No.

You are redefening my arguments and arguing against your own weakened version of my arguments.

That's a strawman.

quote:
Being able to grab it,and bypassing the sheathe,does not mean stabbing would also bypass the sheathe.

You still don't understand that I've never made an argument about stabbing in the first place which is why you are making a strawman here.

Again:

Wolverine just have to extend his claws and/or push them when his hands are already sticked to Slade. That's an auto-kill.

quote:
You're really reaching here.

You are really Strawmaning here. \o/

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 07:17 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Wait....so pushing claws into someone is NOT stabbing?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 07:18 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Supes grabbed Stroke hard enough to make him "URK!", why the ff didn't work then? stick out tongue Certainly a considerable force was applied.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 07:23 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wait....so pushing claws into someone is NOT stabbing?

Grabbing doesn't equals to punching the same way than thrusting your claws into someone isn't the same as pushing them.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 07:26 PM
DarkSaint85

Not enough to Pierce the skin though. Obv there's a threshold under which it Does not work.

http://lamerciepark.com/comics/deathstroke/#section2

But if it can break the skin it would work.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 07:29 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by RealityWarper
Grabbing doesn't equals to punching the same way than thrusting your claws into someone isn't the same as pushing them.

Stilt, is this true? Pushing claws into someone isn't like stabbing???

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 07:30 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stilt, is this true? Pushing claws into someone isn't like stabbing???

Sure, pal.

Pushing = Striking.

Oh wait ! Or not !

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 07:35 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

By the way Darksaint, for your information:

http://www.oxfordreference.com/view...199541430-e-846

definist fallacy

The illicit insistence on defining a term in a way that is favourable to one's own side of an argument. ...

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 07:36 PM