KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Strongest Nexus

Strongest Nexus
Started by: Vixas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
That's kind of changed no? I mean Byss was completely devoid of force energy after Tavion visited it as per Jedi Academy.

Considering all the Force Energy went back to it's proper place once the Scepter was destroyed, don't see how that matters. Byss still makes the list.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2015 11:19 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by AncientPower
Dark Side Nexus:

1.Nathema, during the ritual Vitiate created the strongest dark side nexus ever before absorbing it.

2.Malachor V, before the MSG it had cityscapes and necropoli across the planet's surface filled with Sith treasure and knowledge, enough collected energy for Darth Revan to raise and corrupt his Jedi with. Afterwards it was strong enough to transform stormbeasts and is described as a geyser of Dark Side energy at it's core.

3.Yavin IV, described as far more potent than even Oricon, need i say more.

4.Ambria, a place that Jedi archeologists have stated is the strongest accumulation of Dark Side energy on record, triggered by a global ritual gone wrong.

5.Oricon, stronger than Korriban, Dromund Kaas and Ziost in it's potency, a complete hell of a world morphed by Ancient Sith, Dread Masters and even apparently the seeds.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2015 11:32 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by NewGuy01
LOL active as of when?

"Active" as in, "not completely withered in energy like Korriban"

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Considering all the Force Energy went back to it's proper place once the Scepter was destroyed, don't see how that matters. Byss still makes the list.

What's the source and/or evidence on that?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2015 11:40 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

I thought Byss blew up. How did Tavion visit it?

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 12:17 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah, with the Font evidently being the strongest dark side nexus Ben has ever seen as of Apocalypse.

With the Pool similarly being the strongest light-side.

Hm, and I'd bet the Throne of Balance above both, though unaligned.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 01:46 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

"Active" as in, "not completely withered in energy like Korriban"?

Withered in energy if you happen to live in 1,000 BBY. No specific time is specified in the OP; 4,000 BBY Korriban is assumed.

EDIT: Hell, the OP even specifies that peak power is assumed.

And you're wrong, Q. The Pool of Knowledge is a Dark Side Nexus. Also, I'm not under the impression the Throne is an actual location...

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 01:51 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by The Merchant
I thought Byss blew up. How did Tavion visit it?

Kyle says that there stations on/near byss, likely through one of these was Tavion able to visit it.

@newguy. Well as of Bane's era it had withered and even more so(at least to my understanding) did it wither during Sidious' time.

But I did fail to read the comment about peak power.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 02:50 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I'm aware. That's just not relevant.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 02:51 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

The Pool of Knowledge and Font of Power should be the most powerful ones. The ruins of the Jedi Temple were pretty powerful, IIRC, but I'd say Yavin IV in the post-Kun era and Korriban in the TotJ-KotOR era were more powerful and are also among the most powerful nexuses in history.

The Home, the Star Forge, Malachor V and probably Dromund Kaas are also some of the most powerful nexuses in the galaxy.

Nobody's mentioned Dathomir yet - that could be a contender as well.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 03:46 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

What's the source and/or evidence on that?

Actually, that was a mistake on my part. I misremembered the ending. Still, I don't remember Yavin IV staying the way it was mad in game, so there's that.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 10:17 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Actually, that was a mistake on my part. I misremembered the ending. Still, I don't remember Yavin IV staying the way it was mad in game, so there's that.

Ah, no worries.

Also, there's a reason for that actually, Tavion was draining the energy of a massassi temple, not the planet itself.

"But the area around the temple felt strange, like it's dark side was..gone"
-Kyle Katarn.

Some of Tavion's objectives in the game were to drain big places(Byss, Vjun, and potentially the valley of the jedi) while others were small, but powerful, focal points( Chandrilla and Dagobah) So yeah.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 11:54 AM