KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » GL Captain America vs Green Lantern gauntlet

GL Captain America vs Green Lantern gauntlet
Started by: Rao Kal El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deadline
I don't think he's got better willpower feats than Cap. Also i think it was stated he was too cynical (Batman).

Not sure if Batman is really creative but he is intelligent(maybe the same thing).

That's GA you're thinking of.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 10:04 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
I can see him getting MAYBE to Sinestro, but no further than that.

His willpower alone will carry him a long way.

Willpower alone? Cap has many more attributes than that as I have listed and as is common knowledge among comic book readers.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 10:25 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Batman has all those traits and he didn't fare any better being ring powered

No, Batman does not have all off those traits. He doesn't compare to Cap, especially on this level. Damn, does the Batman wanking every cease?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 10:27 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Batman has almost the same atributes and I personally would not give him a win over Killowog maybe if I am lenient I could see Batman with experience besting Killowog 2/10

But from Sinestro and above? His chances of success get lower and lower, specially VS Kyle or Hal.

Uncle Sam seems more likely to advance in my opinion but I don't think I will give him the majority over Sinestro, Kyle or Hal either

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 10:31 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Batman has almost the same atributes and I personally would not give him a win over Killowog maybe if I am lenient I could see Batman with experience besting Killowog 2/10

But from Sinestro and above? His chances of success get lower and lower, specially VS Kyle or Hal.

Uncle Sam seems more likely to advance in my opinion but I don't think I will give him the majority over Sinestro, Kyle or Hal either

Uncle Sam isn't Cap either, although a closer comparison. One on one combat, and all things being relatively equal, Cap wins 99%. Honestly, I think Sinestro has a slightly better chance at defeating Cap than Hal. Hal would probably be mesmerized by Cap's prowess with the ring.

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Aug 24th, 2015 at 10:39 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 10:34 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
No, Batman does not have all off those traits. He doesn't compare to Cap, especially on this level. Damn, does the Batman wanking every cease?

First calm down, no one is wanking Batman.

But just by looking at an 8 year old kid who got his parents killed in front of him to become Batman it means he has a lot of will power and in some comics it has been stated to have will power over his tier. If you don't the feats he has tou should complain with the writters. But BASED on what I have read CA will not fare any better than Batman or Uncle Sam with a ring and none of them will defeat Sinestro, Kyle of Hal for the majority

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 10:49 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Batman does actually have high end will power feats. He is pretty smart and really creative as well.

I'm sure he does. Has he:

1. Outwilled a being like Korvac who is so powerful that he can back in time by waving his hand ie Korvac tried to break Caps will by making him go back in time and reliving his events. Korvac eventually gave up. Korvac isn't just powerful he used to be human and use smarts and determination to get his power.
2. Beaten Nightmare in his own realm because people in Nightamres realm saw Cap who believed in him and Cap believed in himself. That's like beating The Beyonder. That's how powerful Nightmare is in his own realm.
3. Have an omnipotent being copy his form because he was inspired by Cap

4. Also gave a willpower feat comparison between Cap and Alan Scott.

Originally posted by Deadline

Here's a comparable example Alan Scott was fighting Mordru. Mordru decided to hit Alan Scott with a spell of making a vibration inside his inner ear so he couldn't concentrate, that took Alan Scott out of the fight. It's important to note that as Mordru stated it was a simple spell, the word he used to describe it was fragile.

Lets compare this to what happened to Cap. Got got into a fight with an upgraded Spiderman who had a newly designed suit. Then recieved a nasty beating from an angry Iron Man in Extremis armour, he then gets hit by a sonic weapon which was designed to shut down the brain. Not only that Cap seemed to be doing far better than Alan Scott because he was still standing and looked like he wanted to fight.

Caps feat >>> Alans

Alan Scotts willpower makes him one of the most powerful beings in the universe but despite that Cap has already got one better feat. Cap would be the strongest GL ever.

I don't remember if batman or GA was the one stated to be too cynical.

But Batman either with Green ring or Yellow ring have not performed up to par with the top GL's

Even if it wasn't stated Batman is very cynical.

I don't think Cap will do any better, the best and closest example I can think of that will resemble a Captain America GL will be Batman or Uncle Sam and none of them have performed very well with the ring. Uncle Sam seemed pretty good on paper but in the end he didn't deliver.

The problem is you're comparing people to cap who you shouldn't be. Theres a reason why Batman is called the Dark Knight dark characters tend not to do so well at being GLs. I'm not an expert on Uncle Sam but he's not Cap, theres a reason why Cap is looked up to by all the other super heroes gods included. On more than one ocassion Cap has lead all the superheroes in battle as their leader (Avengers,FF and X-men and others) has Uncle Sam done that? Also Uncle Sam doesn't come across as very creative, not even sure if he has any willpower feats.

Essentially cap is marvels 'Superman and we know that Superman would make a great GL.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 10:51 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Hahaha, this is the best post ever. Two totally random showings ever and Cap is somehow better GL than Alan.

Supergirl fought with Silver Banshee screaming right in his face with ten billion decibels force while Cap was taken out by Klaw casually.

Supergirl>>>>Cap>>>>Alan.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 03:31 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

BTW best troll logic ever.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 03:31 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

First calm down, no one is wanking Batman.

But just by looking at an 8 year old kid who got his parents killed in front of him to become Batman it means he has a lot of will power and in some comics it has been stated to have will power over his tier. If you don't the feats he has tou should complain with the writters. But BASED on what I have read CA will not fare any better than Batman or Uncle Sam with a ring and none of them will defeat Sinestro, Kyle of Hal for the majority

I'm sure Batman has strong willpower, I'm saying he isn't CAP level overall, not simply in terms of willpower. And Cap beats him in pure willpower IMO anyway. Obviously, Batman's willpower didn't translate to him being a next level GL, but I wasn't simply referring to Cap's willpower alone. Oh, and Cap isn't cynical.

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Aug 25th, 2015 at 02:42 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 02:39 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Batman shits on Cap in terms of willpower.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 02:53 PM
DarkSaint85

Correct me if I am wrong, gentle people, but I thought GL constructs have ZERO to do with your base stats.

So Cap having superhuman stats is not all that - all that matters here is his will. Just because you are stronger and faster, does not mean your constructs are stronger/faster.

With that said, at least deadline has provided some feats of Cap's willpower.

Anyways, I reckon he stops at Stewart.

Stewart has his feats of willpower too.

Here, resisting Ganthet (quite a bit, actually):
http://i.imgur.com/Tl5fOdZ.jpg

And exceeding his ring's willpower capabilities:
http://i.imgur.com/NKGt7Yg.jpg

There's also a scene I have at home, where John is maintaining a shield around a community for days without rest, food or water, even as its killing him (in the Rules of Engagement storyline)

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 03:02 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by abhilegend
Batman shits on Cap in terms of willpower.

This is why you are a troll turd in the corner of the yard.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 03:25 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

This man believes!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

He just witnessed Thanos kill every super hero in front of his eyes, and his will isn't the least bit shaken. Batman would be hiding behind some debris. Cap would re-define what it is to be a GL.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 03:58 PM
DarkSaint85

Re: This man believes!!!!

He just witnessed Thanos kill every super hero in front of his eyes, and his will isn't the least bit shaken. Batman would be hiding behind some debris. Cap would re-define what it is to be a GL.

Not that Bats is in the thread....

But at least he not only stood up to Darkseid (multiple times; and whilst I'm sure there are arguments for and against each of them, one can at least admit that they are in the same ballpark) he actually did more damage, rather than just having pretty words.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 04:03 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: This man believes!!!!

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Not that Bats is in the thread....

But at least he not only stood up to Darkseid (multiple times; and whilst I'm sure there are arguments for and against each of them, one can at least admit that they are in the same ballpark) he actually did more damage, rather than just having pretty words.

Darkseid hadn't just killed everyone using an universal conquering weapon. But no, Bats isn't in the thread and my point was Cap's unshakable will in the face of overwhelming adversity. I think you saw it.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 04:10 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

This is why you are a troll turd in the corner of the yard.

laughing out loud

http://batmanfeats.blogspot.in/p/willpower.html

Shut up and read it.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 04:10 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Batman has feats of will power on par of CA.

And I will dare to say taht Batman is actually more driven than CA.

As Batman made himself into what he is and Cap was made into what he is.

Batman fought and trained himself to be peak human while Steve powers were given.

Batman's will did not broke after he got his parents killed in front of him at 8 years old.

I am sure someone can post Batman's feats of will that are on par with CA. And yet that didn't make him a top ring wielder.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 04:15 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

laughing out loud

Shut up and read it.

thumb up

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 04:16 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud

Shut up and read it.

Does it say he was shit as a GL? confused Call me when he has something that approached beating Nightmare in his own realm.

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Aug 25th, 2015 at 04:21 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 04:18 PM