KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Westworld

Westworld
Started by: Ascendancy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Rob is hoping for many dream sequences.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 12:34 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Damn... Now this was a great pilot. Excellent story-telling, some brilliant casting choices (Ed Harris gave me the chills) and big screen camera work. I didn't really know what to expect but if they continue like this I expect this will become one of the best shows of the season.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2016 09:14 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, great first episode. Really looking forward to this even more now.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2016 10:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Yeah it was a great and beautifully shot series for sure. Loved Harris's character the Gunslinger. This one will probably be sticking around for a while

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 12:33 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

didn't like the pilot ep that much... hoping this will improve

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 02:30 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

I liked Harris' character as well, but honestly there was too much going on. Perhaps it's meant to be that way from the start though. I'm guessing this is a limited run one or two season series, but it definitely has potential, and the acting definitely isn't lacking.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 03:31 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Really liked that first episode. What's with the symbolism. The western versions of Paint it Black and Black Hole Sun as well the man in black.

So far seems to be everything Wayward Pines could've been.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 11:50 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

yeah, yeah, very good. I'm definitely into it... but they need to explain what this world actually is, and they need to do it immediately.

i was so confused by the mechanics of it, that i couldn't truly enjoy the episode.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 06:05 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Thought it was explained? It's an amusing park for the wealthy to indulge themselves mainly in sex and violence in an old West setting, using androids as the outlet. But you can also takes the kids and do the tame storylines.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 06:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

i get that, but where is the park and where are the scientist/engineering people?

is that miniature thing they're looking at just a sophisticated 3D projection? The way it's shot, it's made to look like the people in the park are shrunken down.

i should watch it again. probably not something i should watch while sleepy.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 06:23 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Park seems to be somewhere out West, going by the landscape. Looked like Arizona to me.

I got the impression that the command/tech center is below the park

Yeah, I took it as a hologram of the park used to view what is going on.

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 5th, 2016 at 07:04 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 07:02 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Damn. This is one of the best-written shows I have seen in a long time. If Isaac Asimov and Philip K. Dick ever had a baby it would be called Westworld and it would be glorious (and scary as f...)

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/a...recap.html?_r=0

"The “Gunslinger” drags a condemned man to the far reaches of the Westworld universe to inquire about where to find the entrance to “the maze” he finds himself in. He tortures and kills his way into a cryptic answer from the man’s daughter (“Follow the blood arroyo to the place where the snake lays its eggs”), kicking some “Lost”-like revelation down the road, but it’s his behavior that matters. Dr. Ford is predicting that Westworld’s future lies in creating a richer environment with more layered characters, rather than bigger and bloodier adventures.

Then again, maybe his agenda goes deeper than that. And maybe his motives, too."

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2016 12:16 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have watched the first episode 3 times already. People have no idea how good this show is.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Oct 9th, 2016 03:41 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I'm thinking he's definitely some rogue AI or some kind of agent that wants to break the droids free. I was kind of interested as Dr. Ford's character showed that spire at the end of the episode. All and all every episode leaves me wanting to see more of the show, and the production value is amazing.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 11th, 2016 06:00 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

He appears to be human at this point, androids can't harm him, he's said he's been coming to the park for 30 years and the head of security referred to him as a guest. But I could see some spin where he's an android, that they're letting do his thing for a purpose, 'the game'.

Yeah, is Ford introducing religion into the androids?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2016 07:01 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

only watched the first two shows and really not that impressed

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 11th, 2016 10:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Just watched the first two episodes, this show is shaping up to be fantastic.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 04:24 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 04:48 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Just saw episode three... it feels like it's beginning to wander about already... Hope they up the ante soon.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 06:55 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not really, the show is great.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 03:00 PM